Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beware Idiom Press!!  (Read 69045 times)
VA3MW

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2012, 05:06:34 AM »

I have to admit, they are hard to get hold of. 

My Logitalker died after about an hour of use the first time.  I have been trying to get hold of them (phone, email, personal email, skype, etc.) and they are not the most customer savvy about keeping their customers informed.  Pretty frustrating as I can't just order the voice chip for a few bucks. 

May I recommend that they not publish their phone number or skype id if they aren't going to use it? 

WH7DX

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2013, 12:19:34 PM »

Not happy.   Placed an order for 2 books a little over two weeks ago.  

I have called 3 times - left 2 messages and sent an email concerning the order.

Their service sucks.   There is no excuse for not calling a customer back within a handful of days or returning an email.

There is no notice on their website of them going out of town or anything.

DON'T USE THIS COMPANY.   GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.

I wish I had seen this before I ordered from them.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 12:51:30 PM by WH7DX » Logged
W3AB

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: June 04, 2013, 11:53:33 AM »

I've trying to spend money with them for a couple of months now and have never received a response to my questions.

Now another group have come up with a similar solution, RS232 rotor controller, so I went there.

Too bad  Embarrassed
K0OD

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2013, 03:44:40 PM »

What's hilarious is that W9KNI just wrote an eHam product review. Bob knows darn well about the long-running criticism of his son's (Rob's) "business."

http://www.eham.net/reviews/review/119267
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 03:47:48 PM by K0OD » Logged
KASSY

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: June 05, 2013, 09:22:00 AM »

What's hilarious is that W9KNI just wrote an eHam product review. Bob knows darn well about the long-running criticism of his son's (Rob's) "business."

http://www.eham.net/reviews/review/119267
Why would that matter?  It's his son's business, right?  Hasn't Rob been running it for like 10 years?

As adults, most fathers and sons do not live together or work together.  Any more than mothers/daughters.

- k
K0OD

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: June 05, 2013, 10:02:14 AM »

Well it certainly matters to them. KNI's image and history appear prominently on the Idiom Press website which says the site "is currently run by his son..."

It's a bit murky as to when Bob turned over the business to his son. Perhaps 5 years ago. Many people even on EHam still assume it's Bob's business. But I know that KNI will disavow any connection to Idiom whenever there's a problem.

http://www.idiompress.com/about.html
KASSY

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: June 05, 2013, 11:47:37 AM »

Well it certainly matters to them. KNI's image and history appear prominently on the Idiom Press website which says the site "is currently run by his son..."

It's a bit murky as to when Bob turned over the business to his son. Perhaps 5 years ago. Many people even on EHam still assume it's Bob's business. But I know that KNI will disavow any connection to Idiom whenever there's a problem.

http://www.idiompress.com/about.html

Ah, I see.  I thought perhaps you were claiming that KNI should be expected to step in and do something about it.  At some point, a child leaves home....

- k
AC4RD

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: June 05, 2013, 12:43:38 PM »

What's hilarious is that W9KNI just wrote an eHam product review. Bob knows darn well about the long-running criticism of his son's ...

I don't see what's 'hilarious' about a product review; the complaints about the customer service are an entirely different matter from the quality of the Idiom Press products.  The two aren't related. 

I've got two of their keyers (K-1 and K-3) and like them more than any other keyers I've owned. If I ever see a used K-5 cheap I'll probably buy it, just to have another.  (Though it's true that several months ago, I emailed Idiom asking what ham stores stocked their keyers, and I never got a reply.)
W1JCW

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: March 07, 2014, 05:13:34 AM »

What is the deal with these guys ?

Are they in business or not Huh

Webpage is up, ordered some led kits and nothing !!

I've called several times as well and no return phone calls!!

Any know where those LED kits can be purchased ?

73-
W1JCW
John

KB1NXE

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: March 07, 2014, 07:07:07 PM »

No need to buy a kit.  Any ham worth his salt can cobble together a 7805 regulator after a bridge rectifier and filter capacitor and a couple of LEDs with current limiting resistor.  Not hard.  In fact, I did it long before anyone offered a 'kit'.
NS3L

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: March 08, 2014, 04:28:03 PM »

I just ordered a K5 keyer and a cable on March 2nd.. And now I'm wondering if I did the right thing after reading the lack of new reviews about the company and it's failure to send products paid for in a reasonable time or respond to customer complaints quickly.. Like others have reported, none of my calls are being returned and even emails I sent with the invoice copied have not been responded to.. The website does not come up as a red flag, but now that I spent $170 on some equipment, I'm wondering if anyone should order anything from them until they respond to everyone and assure us that things are on the up and up.. One week and I'll be following up with the BBB and others and see if there have been any recent complaints..

Lets see where this goes.. I hope this is not another company like the "Turbo Tuner" problem..

Steve, NS3L
Nazareth, Pa.
610-297-5132 (I'm waiting for a call from Idioum Press..!!!)
WI8P

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: March 09, 2014, 10:25:58 AM »

I just ordered a K5 keyer and a cable on March 2nd.. And now I'm wondering if I did the right thing after reading the lack of new reviews about the company and it's failure to send products paid for in a reasonable time or respond to customer complaints quickly.. Like others have reported, none of my calls are being returned and even emails I sent with the invoice copied have not been responded to.. The website does not come up as a red flag, but now that I spent $170 on some equipment, I'm wondering if anyone should order anything from them until they respond to everyone and assure us that things are on the up and up.. One week and I'll be following up with the BBB and others and see if there have been any recent complaints..

Lets see where this goes.. I hope this is not another company like the "Turbo Tuner" problem..

Steve, NS3L
Nazareth, Pa.

Better get ready to call your creditcard company.
NS3L

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: March 11, 2014, 05:56:37 AM »

Steve, NS3L
Nazareth, Pa.

Better get ready to call your creditcard company.

I went ahead and sent two more emails and a phone message telling Idiom to cancel my order #9077 ASAP.. I also contacted the credit card company to a possible fraud problem.. Idiom has not attempted to charge my card as of yet and now the CC company is on fraud alert.. I take this stuff seriously.. I haven't been taken ever, and I'm not starting now.. If someone from Idiom calls me or responds to my messages I will drop the fraud watch and reconsider, but not until that happens....

In the mean time, I would recommend that "NO ONE" order from Idiom Press until further notice..!!!

Steve Nordahl, NS3L
Nazareth, Pa.
NS3L@Yahoo.com
1-610-297-5132
W9ZO

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: March 11, 2014, 02:27:31 PM »

I wish I had noticed this thread earlier.
On Feb 23,2014 I ordered a Idiom Press Rotor EZ card - without the RS232 option.
Order # 9060
Two days later I reconsidered and sent in another order for the RS232 - which cost me $10 more than if I had ordered the complete kit the first time.
After 1 week I had not received anything, so sent a e-mail and asked what the delay was.
Bob W7GH replied and said they were waiting for parts that were arriving that day and the orders would be sent out in 1 or 2 days by Priority Mail.
5 days later the RS232 kit arrived but not the Rotor EZ one.
Since then 16 days have elapsed and I sent numerous e-mails with no response.
I also called them directly and got a answering machine.
Again - No Response.
As it stands now I have a RS232 kit that cost me $40 that I have no way to use.
I will wait a week or so to see if things improve,but after reading this thread, it doesn't look too promising.
Pat - W9ZO
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 03:07:20 PM by W9ZO » Logged
W9ZO

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2014, 04:25:35 PM »

I received a reply from Rob this evening.
He promised to ship the Rotor EZ kit tomorrow.

I will give him credit for now to be trying to get things going in time.

For now I take him at his word that he just got a little behind in the orders.
I will keep you updated on the progress of my order.
Pat - W9ZO
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: