Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DX engineering = A standup company!!!!!  (Read 414 times)
K9FON

Ignore
« on: December 29, 2008, 04:30:02 PM »

I bought a Hustler 4 BTV and a tilt base and 17 meter kit. I wound up sending two money orders and they combined the two seperate orders and saved me about 10.00 shipping! While processing my order they noticed i didnt order the two clamps that hold the tilt base to the mast pipe. They called me and informed me of this. Before i could call them they sent my order and to my suprise they included two clamps valued at $10.00 each and sent two of them! So i got two of the clamps for the price of one. They didnt have to do that, but they did and im grateful for that. They have been very useful helping me out with my install. Now i am a happy 4 BTV owner and my antenna works decent. My hat goes off to DX Engineering!!!!
K2MK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 05:13:48 AM »

They are definitely top notch. Quick e-mail response and helpful telephone support. I have their radial plate and several receive antenna components. The housings for their receive components are all stainless steel. Very well made. And when you look inside you will appreciate some very professional engineering. Also they sent me a replacement part at no charge for something I carelessly screwed up.
K1JOS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 08:25:05 AM »

DX Engineering - simply the best.  Let me relate my recent new antenna experience:

I put up the MBVE-1 during the summer to replace my Hustler 6BTV. I live in a development community on a 1/2 acre but surrounded by 60' high trees so I painted the vertical in flat camo colors pattern and it is virtually invisible, even now with all the leaves down and sticking up higher than my house its really impossible to spot. Well, I worked almost 100 DXCC in th past 4 months. If I hear it I can work it. I made my first SSB and AM contacts on 160m with great signal reports. I live in CT at average height and I easily have worked Alaska PSK31 on 20m and 40m to SSB contacts with Iceland to Ukraine down to South Africa and New Zealand/Australia. This month I am just hearing my first JA stations ever ! Am I happy?  Well I would love a tower but since that's not possible for me, this Vertical is as good as it gets. Plus Rod and the rest of the DX Engineering crew have always been readily available by phone or email for any questions. The quality of the materials was excellent as are the manuals.  Couldn't get much better.
K0OD

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 11:16:10 AM »

"Well, I worked almost 100 DXCC in th past 4 months. If I hear it I can work it."

==
Lets don't start a DXE MBVE-1 cult. Hard enough to endure the Zerofive and Tak-tenna hype.

I worked DXCC in a <<<WEEKEND>>> with an MBVE-1 (CQWW CW) and 100 watts, but I can assure you I can't work everything I hear when the pileup is big.

The MBVE-1, like the Zerofive, is nothing but an aluminum stick. 43' feet of wire would work as well (or more correctly, as poorly). If you can hear Japan on a MBVE-1, you could hear it on ANY other vertical using a modern receiver.

The DX Engineering vertical is is a <<<decent>>>> choice for someone who can't put up a yagi or even high dipoles.

Agree that DX engineering is an excellent company.  

W8GX

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 09:40:43 AM »

I would give them a lower grade for customer service.

The Hustler vertical and plate all arrived quickly and for a very good price. But the little tubes at the top were cheap aluminum, and a couple were quickly damaged in the installation process. OK, so that is Hustler.

The hose clamps were ALL faulty. I made sure I didn't overtighten any of them, but they all failed. I e-mailed the company, and the response went to my junk folder. After finally getting the response to my complaint, I was basically ignored and just told I overtightened them, so too bad for me. Pooey. Sure, the hose clamps I had to buy to replace them came to only about $6 or $7, but I sure would have liked a more concerned response.

BTW, the Home Depot clamps all worked great. I even tightened them more than the ones from DX/Hustler and they did not fail.

Don't let this stop you from buying from DX Engineering. Maybe I just got a grumpy customer service person, and maybe the clamps were just a fluky bad batch..... It happens.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: