Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Antenna Systems and Solutions, Inc  (Read 418 times)
KD6CJR

Ignore
« on: January 01, 2009, 01:15:36 PM »

I was recently gifted a Rohn HDBX tower system. All I had to do was take it down. Good stuff.

I needed the items to provide the tower a base so I did some searching and came across this company. The price on their web site was the best and they allowed online ordering and payment by credit card so I went for it.

They emailed me an invoice/payment receipt that matched everything that I saw on their site.

Some time later the stubs arrived. When I finally got to opening their packing slip a couple of days later I noticed that they had billed me more than $50 over the original invoice received.

I contacted the company and asked why they had not contacted me about the increase in price BEFORE they shipped and charged my credit card. "Sorry, that won't happen again." was their only response.

They are RIGHT, that will NOT happen again because I will not order from them ever again. I contacted my CC company and filed a dispute for the difference.
K0OD

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 01:57:12 PM »

Another pissant ham supplier with dreadful customer service. They should have thanked you for discovering their error, apologized for the packing slip price and charged you the lower price, or at least agreed to send a UPS pickup for the part if the error were huge and should have been obvious.

Have they corrected their online price?
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 05:49:46 PM »

A purchase order is a contract subject to contract law.

If you just ordered by a part number, and nothing was in writing, then you may be out of luck.

I never, ever do that.

Order in writing, with a stipulated price on the order; then it's subject to contract law and you can recover your loss in small claims court if you wish.

WB2WIK/6
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: