Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ronald Pickenheim WX3X.  (Read 1012 times)
KK7GB

Ignore
« on: November 09, 2008, 08:12:34 AM »

Had the misfortune of buying an Icom AH-4 from Ronald Pickenheim WX3X.
He had it listed on the QTH website. When it arrived, I noticed that he did not include any of the hardware. I sent an email requesting the same. He said he would look for it. In the course of emailing back and forth, I requested he simply reimburse me for the cost of the hardware. He suggested I send back the tuner. When I told him to send me a money order for the item for what I paid and for the return shipping, or if he chose, I would send it COD. He sent an email advising that “we” do not accept COD shipments and that the return would be at my expense. It appears that Ron and his company are people to avoid when making a purchase.
K2MK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 04:14:27 AM »

The normal approach for return shipping of a purchased item is for the buyer to ship it back to the seller prepaid. Then the seller verifies that the buyer did not inflict any damage to the unit and returns the original purchase price. Return of shipping expenses should be negotiated before it is shipped back.

Your idea of being reimbursed in advance or shipping it COD is highly unusual. I doubt any seller would agree to those terms.

If you don't trust the seller to send your money back then you should not have purchased from him in the first place. If he doesn't and you used a credit card you may have recourse through your card company.
KK7GB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 04:19:53 PM »

I trusted him by sending the MO in advance for the purchase price and the shipping. He could do the same. Or, he could do the right thing and reimburse me for the cost have having to buy the hardware he did not include and made no effort to locate.
N1CX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 02:35:31 AM »

Are you serious?? Your going to go through the expense and hassle of sending something back that if you got off your rump could easily go to the hardware store and replace any hardware you need for probably $3? And then you bash the guy because of this? Hey if it was advertised wrong then by all means send it back but don't expect to be paid for your shipping because you decided to stomp your feet like a little kid on the internet.

Oh wait I forgot that's how it's done nowadays.

Amazing.
K2MK

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 06:27:34 AM »

While I don't agree with most of what you have said in your two postings I will agree that the seller should have been more responsive when you requested that he reimburse you for the hardware. That was a reasonable request on your part and the seller blew the opportunity of turning a 5 star sale into a 3 star sale. (using eBay terminology). Now he is left with a 0 star sale that can only earn him bad press.
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 06:44:57 AM »

<< I noticed that he did not include any of the hardware.>>

What hardware? Are you talking about the U-bolts? The only other hardware I am aware of are the two brackets on either end of the coupler.

If this is the case, I think you are being childish about the whole thing, especially if he did not say the U-bolts were included.

And no, he doesn't owe you return postage.

Lon - W3LK
Naugatuck, Connecticut

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
AB8ZL

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 08:18:12 AM »

Agreed, the “hardware” that comes with an AH-4 can be purchased for a few dollars at Home Depot.

Isn’t this forum for “Company” reviews?

I don’t believe it is intended for individual disputes.
KK7GB

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 08:25:42 PM »

You, and some others, are unable to comprehend simple ethcis and morals. I requested he reimburse me for the items he left out. Simple enough. He suggested I return it. Since he did not include everything, he should reimburse me for the cost of the unit and the shipping I paid. I offered him options. Since he advertised it as complete, it should have been complete. It is not the money. It is the fact that he did not include all the necessary hardware.

In your world, it is accptable to be devious. Not in mine. Thank you for leaving your call sign as a warning to others that ripping people off is OK with you.

And that is ow it is done today, in your world.

Amazing!
KK7GB

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2008, 08:41:47 PM »

The above post is directed to nc1x.
Flame away.
AB8ZL

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2008, 08:45:11 AM »

What’s “Amazing” is you seem to want to jump to the assumption that somehow the seller was being “devious” or lacks “ethcis and morals” (by the way it’s ethics) because he failed to include the mounting hardware. It’s the scam of the century “Ham gets away with $3.00 worth of hardware, story at 11:00”

Did it ever occur to you that he simply forgot that it even came with any mounting hardware x number of years after deciding to sell it? There are many ways to mount the tuner and he may have never used the included hardware at all. Heck, I mount mine with a couple of zip ties.

Throwing a childish temper tantrum and slandering someone on the Internet for a few parts that would cost more to send then run to the hardware store to replace says far more about you then it does the seller. Sounds like you need some serous anger management.
N1CX

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2008, 08:43:12 AM »

ab8zl your spot on.

In regards to saying I am devious? Dood wake up & grow up. The guy OFFERED to take it back. For you to come on here and stomp your feet like a little two year old because you were missing two dollars or less worth of hardware is the funniest thing I've seen online in a long time. LAUGHABLE.

If the guy offered to take it back then suck it up and send it back. It's not the sellers responsibility to pay for your return shipping. If you desire to send it back it's on your dime. If you don't like it then don't buy from anyone online or mail order. IT'S a fact with anyone you deal with whether an individual or a business.

What you've said here is not only slander but your calling someone's character into question on a public forum that could very well get you sued. And like someone else said this is the wrong forum to be stomping your feet on.

You can bash me all you want I'm perfectly entitled to my view as are others and my view on this is your acting like a little bottle fed toddler because you were too cheap to just put the stuff on yourself for something you bought used by mail order and thought it was appropriate to air your greivance with all the hams in the world and slander this guy because you felt you were right.

Like I said...GROW UP. You want to call my ethics or views into question then your a sad representation of what ham radio is all about. 73's OM
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2008, 01:05:17 PM »

Whatever you do, don't buy an SGC autotuner from the factory because they don't come with any mounting hardware. They expect you to get the nuts and bolts at the hardware store on your own.

Come to think of it, my IC-706MkIIg didn't come with any mobile mounting hardware either - darn, I've been ripped off by Icom :-)

By the way, a good place to get stainless mounting hardware is from the local boater's supply store.
EC158

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2009, 01:31:01 PM »

by N1CX on November 11, 2008       
-----------------------------------------------------------
"Are you serious?? Your going to go through the expense and hassle of sending something back that if you got off your rump could easily go to the hardware store and replace any hardware you need for probably $3? And then you bash the guy because of this? Hey if it was advertised wrong then by all means send it back but don't expect to be paid for your shipping because you decided to stomp your feet like a little kid on the internet.

Oh wait I forgot that's how it's done nowadays.

Amazing."
--------------------------------------------------------

Yes, it IS amazing. When you buy something you expect to get all of it. Yes maybe the hardware can be purchased at a local store, but the point is IT WAS ALREADY PAID FOR. Why should he have to pay for it again.

And no need to berate the guy for trying to get his money back. Talk about acting like a little kid....
"stomping his feet..."

What a dope...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: