Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hank Breedlove Antenna Mounts and accessories  (Read 1053 times)
KE4DRN

Ignore
« on: November 14, 2008, 04:30:02 PM »

Fast and easy ordering via his paypal link.
Shipped out the same day I ordered.

http://100megspop3.com/machineshop/index.html

Learned about these mounts from K0BG website.

Don't take any chances with those wanna be
mounts. Why trust your new $ 300 + antenna to
that imported junk ?

These mounts and the matched plate set are the real deal,
given the thinner gage sheet metal used in cars today,
you need this mount or your antenna will be history.
It will outlast any vehicle you bolt it on.  
N8EMR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 09:37:09 AM »

Ill second Breedlove mounts. Fantastic workmanship, fast email responds to questions and fast shipping.

I purchased a  "Pedestal" mount for the HF whip on my Chevy Avalanche. That thing is super heavy duty.

Gary N8EMR
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 05:41:32 PM »

hi,

I emailed asking what machines he uses to make the mounts.

all his machines are the old fashioned manual type,
he cuts the ball mount and trims them by hand,
he gets a lot of shavings !  
a modified turret lathe is also used.

each part is a hand made and you can feel the quality.

73 james
W3FJ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 05:37:45 PM »

I purchased my pick-up bed mount from Jerry Breedlove at his shop in Gastonia, NC during a visit with our son who lives in Charlotte. The workmanship on this mount is second to none. I've had several mobile mounts over the years and have never had anything that can compare to this one or even begin to come close.

I also purchased a quick disconnect type device that allows you to make about 2 turns on an all brass machined piece and lay the whip portion of a screwdriver antenna 90 degrees making it easy to enter your garage or parking deck. This device sure beats the heck out of having to unscrew the whip everytime you want to enter a garage or fool around with those twist type quick disconnects that offer poor contact at best. I've also operated my Icom IC-706MKIIG with the antenna in the folded position too and didn't notice any difference in performance. You sure can't do that with any other quick disconnect out there that I'm aware of.

Jerry is a master machinest and a great guy who will entertain any design ideas you may have too and just need someone to do the machining. I have serious doubt that there is anyone else offering the talent, quality, and workmanship that Breedlove offers and I'd highly recommend his products to all.

73, Mick
W3FJ
Ex - W3ILG
MAZZ1232002

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 02:07:33 PM »

I have serious doubt that there is anyone else offering the talent, quality, and workmanship that Breedlove offers

I am sure this machinist is as good as you claim but I have know several machinists in my lifetime that also did excellent quality work that in my opinion was just the best. There are a lot of machinists in the US.

Pete
     WB4CGA
N9MSH

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008, 11:53:08 AM »

I was quite impressed with his heavy duty mount when it arrived. All the pieces fit together like a glove. there were no tooling marks or burrs. i have a HiQ 5/160 mounted on my suburban with it, and it hasn't budge since it was installed back in july. Definately a solid mount, Absolutely will buy another mount from him when the time comes. I also learned of him on the K0BG web site. Oh and most importantly he does answer his emails for any questions you might have, very promptly.
NA6M
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 07:36:12 PM »

I asked Jerry to make a custom mount for me to use on a cruise ship to mount a heavy screwdriver antenna. After a few photos were sent and dialog exchanged via email about what I wanted it to do, he quoted me a fair price and I had him build it. When it arrived promptly, I was very pleased with the operation and construction.

Jerry's mount turned a lot of heads on the ship and it performed flawlessly.

http://www.na6m.com/c6ams/photos.html
K9PU

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 05:19:29 PM »

This guy makes good solid antenna mounts, he is fast, answers queries, and is fair priced.  Highly recommended.  

Scott
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: