The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Log periodic Tennadyne T6 measurement  (Read 1801 times)
N5JZD

Ignore
« on: January 20, 2008, 10:09:16 AM »

I have a used T6 I have put back together, only thing is on the last end piece of an the elements there are two holes, normally there is only one hole to screw the screw into the holding tube and down into the last element out. I do not know which is the correct hole that will give me the correct total length. Manual does not give that type of measurement since normally there is one hole you just screw it together. Got the manual from the manufacturer but not the measurement I need. If you happen to have a t6 and have it down take any element and look at the last smallest tube and tell me which element it is and how far is it from the hole to the tip of the tube. I will really appreciate it.
Dave
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 04:06:37 PM »

>Log periodic Tennadyne T6 measurement  Reply  
by N5JZD on January 20, 2008  Mail this to a friend!  
I have a used T6 I have put back together, only thing is on the last end piece of an the elements there are two holes, normally there is only one hole to screw the screw into the holding tube and down into the last element out. I do not know which is the correct hole that will give me the correct total length. Manual does not give that type of measurement since normally there is one hole you just screw it together. Got the manual from the manufacturer but not the measurement I need. If you happen to have a t6 and have it down take any element and look at the last smallest tube and tell me which element it is and how far is it from the hole to the tip of the tube. I will really appreciate it.<

::Dave, I have a T6 and would love to help; however reading and re-reading your question, I don't understand what you're asking.  Read the above and see if you can figure it out!  The "smallest tube" is the outer tip of every element, which means there are 12 of them.  What are you talking about?

WB2WIK/6
Dave  
KA5N

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 02:53:21 AM »

I assume on all the elements the tip end piece of each has two holes, so you want to know which set of holes to use, and if you know for sure on one element, then you will know for all the others.
Correct?
Allen
N5JZD

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 10:54:49 AM »

WB2WLK/6 I only need the measurement of one of the twelve. measurement from tip to hole you put screw in. Just let me know which element it is from, lets say shortest element is #1. Does this help
Dave N5JZD
N5JZD

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 10:58:01 AM »

KA5N the last tube on the end should only have one hole. Mine has two, Probably added by someone before me trying to adjust. See post to WB2WLK/6. Thanks for post
Dave
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 02:02:20 PM »

I see what you mean now.

Mine is "up" and not "down," so I can't really disassemble to measure this; however, have you asked the antenna designer, Chuck, KA1PM?

He's alive and well and very active on the bands...I work Chuck pretty often.  He sold the business but very likely has all the dimensions.

I'd just e-mail or call him and ask.

Steve WB2WIK/6
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: