Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cushcraft MA5B Delays  (Read 1661 times)
SCUBA

Ignore
« on: July 06, 2008, 11:25:05 AM »

Greetings,
So far, I've been waiting nearly 2 months for the arrival of a new Cushcraft MA-5B beam antenna, estimates are at least 3 more weeks.

According to a dealer, Cushcraft is having problems with one of its "jobbers."

Anyone have any specifics on this?

Thanks and 73,
Jack
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 02:55:58 PM »

Did you check all the CC distributors?  CC sells their antennas primarily via distribution, and that's where all the "stock" normally is (AES, HRO, Texas Towers, etc, etc).  Did you call all those guys?

Hard to believe everybody's sold out, but maybe.

A "jobber" means a supplier of needed materials.

WB2WIK/6
SCUBA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 03:34:28 PM »

Hi WB2WIK,
Thanks for replying.

Yeah, local dealer called other dealers around the country who are, I am told, are also unable to get the MA5B.  

So, I'm seriously considering the Mosley Mini-33-A-WARC which weighs 12 lbs, vs 26 lbs (MA5B).  
http://www.nethorizon.net/mosley/K7JJmini33aw.jpg

Jack
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 04:28:48 PM »

I found the MA5B "in stock" at Jun's

http://www.hamcity.com

Did you try calling them?  Not sure if their on-line info is up to date, since it's Sunday now.

But if they have it, you can get it in a day or two.

Jun's (Ham City) is here in L.A.

WB2WIK/6
SCUBA

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 05:21:02 PM »

Hi WB2WIK,

I've bought from Ham City* before and they're top notch; in this case I have a credit memo with a local dealer which can be applied toward antenna purchase.  Of course, I can ask the local dealer to confer with Jun over at Ham City.  

Given that the Mosely Mini-33-A-WARC might be preferable, I have to re-evaluate what I want.  The caveat is that the Mosely has only 3 reviews compared with the massive 115 reviews (mostly favorable) of the MA5B.  Mosely beats the MA5B by being much lighter.  Well, the monkey's on my back to do more research.  

73/Jack

*Disclaimer: I'm not a Ham City stockholder, just a happy customer.

N0MUD

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 10:33:25 PM »

I ordered mine from HRO San Diego but they told me no one had any in their computer system so I tried to get one from Cushcraft but was told four were just sent to San Diego and one of those was then sent to me.  I got mine a week and half after I ordered it in July.  Got it up and love it.  Used it and my Cushcraft A-3 this last weekend, the Ten Ten contest and they both worked exactly the way they are supposed to.

If your store doesnt have any tell them to order them because Cushcraft does have then in stock, only problem is you can't order from Cushcraft other than parts.  I know I ordered some repair parts for my A3.

Good luck and have fun, it's a great antenna.

Mike, N0mud
SCUBA

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 08:38:46 AM »

Hi WB2WIK and N0MUD, MA5B arrived; I cant put it up until the end of this month due to other commitments.  If I were to put it up now, Hurricane Ike would take it down. Thanks again for replying,
73/Jack
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: