The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ten-Tec Repair Service  (Read 8864 times)
WD5EAE

Ignore
« on: December 02, 2006, 10:51:23 AM »

I bought a Ten-Tec model 579 Century 22 which required VFO dial repair. I sent it UPS ground 11/08/06. It was received by Ten Tec repair the morning of 11/10. I received an email the same afternoon stating repairs had been completed. The VFO was repaired, another switch was replaced and the unit was checked. I received the Century 22 back the following week only 8 days after I had sent it to Ten-Tec for repair. It was cleaned and packaged professionally. I sent an email to Ten Tec on 11/16  saying: "Superb service in every respect."

Thanks Ten-Tec!
AD4C2006

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 11:27:28 AM »

Great,that is why TT has a very high reputation for many years,and that is why there are thousand of hams using their radios including me,good luck with your repaired radio.

AD4C
Lake Worth,FL
TERRY_PERRY_EX_W3VR

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 09:02:23 AM »

Great service on Orion II.

Honest and reasonable.

Paul is great guy to deal with.

W3VR
N9AOP

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 08:32:58 AM »

About 3 years ago I bought a demo centurion.  There was a problem with it and I sent it back for repairs over the thanksgiving holiday.  The amp came back within 2 weeks.  Last summer I had a problem with it and took a photo of the problem area with me when I went to the 40th anniversary party down there at the end of september.  Even though they were very busy with a ton of customers, Stuart gathered up the few parts that I would need and took me back to the shop where there was an open centurion.  He then showed me exactly how to make the simple repairs.  This is supurb customer service and while I was there I bought an omni VII which they modified for MARS and installed the two extra filters prior to shipping.  I have been a tentec owner for several years and this excellent service keeps a customer coming back.
Art
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 01:38:36 PM »

I really like Ten Tec's "try to fix it yourself" attitude.  They actually encourage hams to do their own service work, and help walk you through it, supplying parts and advice along the way.

If that doesn't work, they'll take it back and fix it; but they really want you to try it, yourself.

This is an educational process that has no downside.

I've had many Ten Tec rigs over the years (still do), and never sent anything back to them, because they always had the parts I needed to fix anything!  That's quite unlike most other manufacturers.

WB2WIK/6
KI4ZUQ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 03:33:52 PM »

This is an old thread but relates to a GREAT visit I had with two of the five guys at the Ten-Tec facility in Sevierville, TN. These 5 men are doing all sorts of repair work plus building commercial HF units. The lead tech took time for this visiting fireman to give a pretty good run-down that Ten-Tec plans to emerge with more ham gear in the future. These guys are no slouches!

N9KX

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 09:57:39 PM »

viva Ten-Tec!
WB8NUT

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 02:39:28 AM »

This is an old thread but relates to a GREAT visit I had with two of the five guys at the Ten-Tec facility in Sevierville, TN. These 5 men are doing all sorts of repair work plus building commercial HF units. The lead tech took time for this visiting fireman to give a pretty good run-down that Ten-Tec plans to emerge with more ham gear in the future. These guys are no slouches!

There are only five people at TenTec repairing AND building radios? Is that accurate?
N9KX

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2017, 08:26:34 AM »

thou doest protest TOO much
KA4DPO

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2017, 10:38:37 AM »

There are only five people at TenTec repairing AND building radios? Is that accurate?

Back when RKR owned it they were in a unit in Sevierville just across from the airport.  I don't know it they are still there or not or how many people actually work there.  There were photographs of the place a while back that showed about five people working there so they could still be there is there is a contract for commercial receivers or, if they are subbing assembly work from another large contractor.

I don't know why but I thought Ten Tec repairs were now being done in the Bellefontaine, OH facility.
K1ZJH

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2017, 01:54:12 PM »

The service@tentec.com email is monitored Monday through Wednesday. At this time we are unable to offer extensive telephone or email support for amateur customers.  Please do NOT call Dishtronix in Ohio. They can’t answer your service question and  will refer you to this email contact.  We understand you may find this inconvenient, but with the present resources it is the only possible way we can deal with the continuous volume of telephone calls that paralyzed the service department in the past. On a positive note, repairs under new management policies are averaging less than two weeks instead of months, so the changes to the service organization have been successful. Please don’t think we aren’t willing to repair your radio. We are anxious to help you get back on the air, and will repair any radio we made IF we can get the parts.  This can be challenging given the nearly fifty year history of the company.

KA4DPO

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2017, 08:41:33 PM »

The service@tentec.com email is monitored Monday through Wednesday. At this time we are unable to offer extensive telephone or email support for amateur customers.  Please do NOT call Dishtronix in Ohio. They can’t answer your service question and  will refer you to this email contact.  We understand you may find this inconvenient, but with the present resources it is the only possible way we can deal with the continuous volume of telephone calls that paralyzed the service department in the past. On a positive note, repairs under new management policies are averaging less than two weeks instead of months, so the changes to the service organization have been successful. Please don’t think we aren’t willing to repair your radio. We are anxious to help you get back on the air, and will repair any radio we made IF we can get the parts.  This can be challenging given the nearly fifty year history of the company.

And that means what?  It just says not to call, it doesn't say where the repairs are actually being done.
W3WN

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2017, 07:03:09 AM »

And that means what?  It just says not to call, it doesn't say where the repairs are actually being done.
The repair work is being done at the new Ten Tec facility in TN. 

The point of the email is that even though Ten Tec is now owned by Mike Dishop & his main company, Dishtronix, all requests for repair work should go through Ten Tec in TN -- NOT through Dishtronix in OH.
KA4DPO

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2017, 11:09:40 AM »

The repair work is being done at the new Ten Tec facility in TN. 

The point of the email is that even though Ten Tec is now owned by Mike Dishop & his main company, Dishtronix, all requests for repair work should go through Ten Tec in TN -- NOT through Dishtronix in OH.

So they are in the  Wagoner Drive building across from the airport.  That was the one that RKR was in so I guess they are still there.  Looks like there is at least one other business in the building that has something to do with auctions.
WI4P

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2017, 01:18:10 PM »

No, they are no longer in the wagoner Dr. bldg.  Their current facility is zoned industrial and they do not at this time have a retail storefront.
My source is previous posts by mike Dischoff.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: