Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Surplus Sales of Nebraska -- A Dishonest Dealer!  (Read 25714 times)
WW7A

Ignore
« on: May 13, 2005, 01:52:00 PM »

I hope knowone is doing business with Supplus Sales of Nebraska these days.  I have been in this Ham game for over 50 years and I have never done business with a more dishonest, cheating, dispicable company in my life. They have lied to me, cheated me out of credit card charges and falsely advertized products and then will not let you return the unacceptable product.
Example fly swatter. Two 2x4 boards. Place fly between boards and bring boards together trapping and killing fly.

When an attempt is made to resolve the issue "Old" Bill just hangs up on you. What a way to run a company.  It's too bad they have such control over neat Collins parts and manuals.

They, Bill is dishonest to the core. He will lie to you and cheat you every chance he can and if you disagree with him,  his answer is to hang up. I have yet to order something that he has not tried to pull a fast one. He still owes me money.

For the small dollars involved it is not worth your time to sue him so he continues to get away with this rip off.

It is time we boycott this organization and put this blight on society out of business for good.

KG4YJR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2005, 07:05:49 PM »

It would help fellow hams and sound more credible if you gave a little more specifics. How you were ripped off, when, for what type of items, for how much and....it sounds like you let it happen to you more than once. I had R&L Electronics rip me off once and I gave the details of the order from my first phone call of the order to how the promised but not delivered piece of equipment arrived and their exact verbal "go to hell" type response, the dates, the price, etc. It would be a great help to many others if you were indeed ripped off by giving specifics as it makes you seem more credible and it would be more effective in putting a dishonest dealer out of business or at the least make his wallet a little thinner.
Saying a dealer is a rip-off or dishonest and then when someone asks why the only response given is "well....because he is" means nothing so please...details.

Good luck & 73
Dave
WW7A

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2005, 10:44:50 AM »

The rip off is simple.

One:
We had a deal to split shipping cost of a heavy item by motor freight. There was damage to the shipment. The insurance payed the damage, but good old dishonest Bill kept the insurance check and would not pay off what was owed me for the damages.
Two:
Misrepresented a product and would not allow me to return RMA it back.

Any problem you have with him that you try and disuss in a business like manner he just hangs up on you leaving you with no resolution except to lidigate.

This guy is the sleeze bag of all time. His solution to any dispute is F&*% you!!!!

Out of three transactions one of them went ok. I'd like to do better than 33%
K7AAT

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 10:54:51 AM »

To me, from what you described, it sounds like a communications problem between you and that vendor.  Never-the-less, I would like to remind you, and others, that most charge card companies offer buyer protection for the users.  Maybe you should consider this in future transactions.  It has certainly paid off for me in times past.

Ed  
HA5RXZ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2005, 05:23:11 AM »

Add me to the list as I've also been ripped off by this company.

What Was Ordered
Part # MOT-E1510242630. This is a high quality item and is described as 'Dynapar totally enclosed incremental encoder. 1024 pulses per revolution. 1/4" shaft with shielded bearing. 1.5" body diameter with face mount holes. Squarewave, differential, bidirectional output with no index. 5 vdc line driver. 18" cable. Each encoder includes technical bulletin and installation guidelines. It cost me $49.

What Was Supplied
Another shaft encoder, part number unknown. This is a cheap and nasty plastic part and there is no shielded bearing (the shaft is quite tight). The 'cable' is about two inches long rather than eighteen inches, the body is about 1.25 inches diameter and is mounted using a bushing rather than face holes. No technical bulletin or installation guide has been supplied and the resolution is therefore unknown as I do not know the connections.

I was supplied with a part worth (at the most) five bucks instead of the part they advertise on their web page AND I AM NOT HAPPY.

HA5RXZ
KG4YJR

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2005, 05:05:49 PM »

Very good then Andrew and I see someone else has had the same type of problems with this merchant. Thanks for letting everyone know about this.

Dave
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2005, 03:43:53 PM »

hi,

Contact the creditcard company, merchants have to honor the contracts to accept these cards, plus there are consumer protection rules in place to make the merchant do the right thing.

ARRL advertising dept. should also be emailed, SS of N has ads in every qst.

The ss website is very large, perhaps a bad link caused the item error.  

Hope this gets fixed for buyer and merchant.

73 james
HA5RXZ

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2005, 08:51:24 AM »

OK, it's only fair that I should update you all on my problems with Surplus Sales of Nebraska.

The shaft encoder I ordered has (finally) arrived and it's a thing of beauty. Having said that, it's taken an email to them, plus pressure from the local Better Business Bureau, plus I suspect a call from the credit card company. It's also cost me an extra $12.50 in import duties.

I now have what I ordered and paid for but it shouldn't be this difficult!!

HA5RXZ
KF6VCI

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2005, 06:18:08 AM »

If an insurance company paid out for damages, which were ultimately suffered by you, the buyer (right?), then I would search for the Dept. of Insurance in either your own state or that company's state. And file a complaint. Far too much of insurance fraud is going on. And that is an area where the facts will be unalienable. Like the embezzlement of compensation. There will be a paper trail. ** Some issues cannot be handled by busy companies over the phone - have you put your request in writing?
ZL2FAE

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2009, 01:47:40 PM »

In my case all turned out good.  They refunded me for the incorrect goods after I emailed the owner directly.  

The email response from the business owner below......

The webmaster recently took it upon himself to redo the silver strap section and inadvertently referred the two items you purchased to the .092 ribbon strap.  I have made the correction and will refund your purchase price for both strap items. I apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you.

Best regards,

Bob Grinnell
Surplus Sales of Nebraska
1218 Nicholas Street, Omaha, NE  68102
http://www.surplussales.com
HFRF

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2009, 06:40:21 PM »

After getting screwed by this guy a few times I wouldn't send this dude a dime.  I can understand how he stay in business.  People read bad reviews of this place and still send the guy money then they scream how they got screwed.

I guess nobody believes bad reviews.
K6KV

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2009, 08:35:06 PM »

I was pleased to find this chain and be able to share a most unpleasant experience I had with the crazed owner of this company.  I had purchaed six variable capacitors, and they arrived with the rotor plates pressed against the stator plates!  Obviously a manufacturing error, a tensioning sleeve that was supposed to be a press fit instead was loose and practically fell off.  I'm an engineer with 40 years experience and this stuff is not rocket science.  
     I phoned in the problem, and though annoyed, I wrote (as was asked) a pleasant and factual email describing the problem. What I got back was a snotty email refusal from their "technician", "Bob", saying that I broke them.  I phoned back and asked for a manager, and got the same Bob, who was Bob Grinnell the owner.  It was impossible to talk as adults with this mental case.  Almost immediately he was name-calling while I maintained my composure and didn't provoke him.  In his loud words shouting over me, "you are a liar", and "you are a fraud".  
     So, I've since sent the parts back at my own expense, and time will tell whether or not I get a refund, at best I'd guess less my return shipping cost.        
     My advice:  Be cautious when dealing with this company, and if a Mr. Bob Grinnell posts a reply to this post, take what he says with a grain of salt.
Good luck, Gary.
N0SOY

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2009, 06:19:27 PM »

Ok,  I have only placed one order with this company.  He had on his website some 1960 era geiger mueller tube.  I work at major university performing research in radiation effects.  We ordered 20 of them to use a cheap disposable detectors.  

The shipment was prompt, and as described.
W7ETA

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2009, 02:38:16 PM »

After my ordered from Mouser contained miss labeled silver mica caps, I ordered some from Nebraska Surplus Sales over the weekend.  Since I was ordering just two value caps, I ordered other types of the same value and a few to replace some poor quality ceramic caps in the signal path of a Dynaco FM3 tuner I'm rebuilding.

I called Tuesday to check on the order status--being processed.

Tuesday night, I ordered different stock number silver mica, the same values I need from Mouser along with a few resistors and electrolytic caps for a power supply.  I got an confirmation from Mouser today and might have the parts by Sat.

I called Nebraska this afternoon.  Grumpily they told me my order was BIG and would take a couple of more days to pull?

I hope all works out OK with this small company.

Bob
KL2TC

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2010, 05:17:10 PM »

I only had one dealing with this company.  I order a big old doorknob cap.  It arrived as advertised with no problems. Your mileage may vary.

Al
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: