Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AES = Careless, service going downhill  (Read 3871 times)
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2002, 05:42:13 PM »

Steve (OWO): No, I meant cancel the money order.  Whoever issued it has the ability to cancel payment on it.  If they say, "It's too late, it's already been cashed," then you have verification that indeed your order was received and processed, and they have your money.  Then, you can take the appropriate action based on that information.  But if they have no problem cancelling the M.O., then indeed, what AES told you is probably true: They never got your order.

WB2WIK/6
KD5OWO

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2002, 05:46:12 PM »

I,ll give it till this weekend if I call AES and they still do not have the order then I will do what I can!
Thanks,
Steve,KD5OWO

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2002, 09:11:22 AM »

I bought 3 items from the Cleveland store in February 02,  all items shipped same day after being ordered by credit card via phone.  I am very happy with their service.
KD5OWO

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2002, 10:14:52 PM »

My dad and some of his ham buddys have also had good luck with AESHAM.  Still my mom has not had good luck and since my mom does not know alot about amateur radio I had to 'help' her order.  Now I even doubt she sent the order the right place.   I will go back against what I said it is not that AESHAM lost her order it is they never got her order.  I will say this my dad ordered me a radio it was back ordered and I waited two months for it.  They never called about it we waited a week then called and we found out that it was back ordered.  

I think it is luck sometimes you have luck with a company sometimes you don't.  Then again they will treat you better the more money you spend.  I guess this is just a 'dead' issue.

Steve,KD5OWO
W8OB

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2002, 11:05:57 AM »

I too must be very lucky, I just ordered a radio from the milwaukee store and found the salesperson
was very much in the know about the product, talked a bit with me about my location, verified my
address and the stock status of the item, then told me the item would ship out that same day.
Two days later u.p.s delivers the package and the gear is in excellant shape. This is the same type of
treatment I have gotten from a.e.s for the past several years. Once I had ordered a item and I
didn't like, I simply talked to the salesperson about returning it and exchanging it for another item
no problem no restock fee just a simple exchange. Whenever  I am in the orlando, Fla area I make
it a point to visit the store there and am always treated very well no matter how busy it is.Any
service after the sale, Miles at the milwaukee store is more than helpfull and has always returned
all calls made to him, or if he promised to check something and get back to me, its always
been done. No I'm not a ringer for a.e.s simply a very happy customer of theirs.
KD5OWO

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2002, 11:15:49 AM »

That is good I mean seems the majority of people have had 'luck' with the company.  

Steve,KD5OWO
W7KKK

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2002, 08:50:11 AM »

I don't think so! I have been doing business with AES since my return to the hobby about a year ago. I have purchased many pieces of equipment and made some 8-10 orders with AES. (Much to the dislike of the XYL. Her comments are "have you got what you need, yet?) I have always dealt with the Las Vegas store and Squeak in particular.
     I have always been told the ETA, if it was in stock at Las Vegas or another store and all related information to the order. He has even been sure that if it's a split order (part coming from Vegas and part from another store) that I only pay shipping for the one order.
     Somebody complained about the late processing of an order stating "my order should have been there and processed by now" or words to that effect. Don't count on it! I sent an order by mail a few months ago and it took over 3 weeks for my check to show in Las Vegas (the next state). It had 3 post marks on it and the envelope looked like it had been through the ringer according to Squeak. It appears that the 9/11/01 incident and the problems with the mail may have been the problem, not AES. Tried not to put it on the credit card for a change and screwed myself.
     Finally, you may have had an employee that was not trained right. Try another representative when you call. A letter to the store manager might be in order.
     Many of the hams I know locally order from AES on a regular basis. And we normally deal with the Las Vegas store. And I have heard nothing bad whatsoever about it.
WP3HW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2002, 10:15:43 PM »

Not from my personal experience.   Have purchased from theit Milwaukee, Cleveland and Orlando stores and by mail-order from their Orlando store.  Never a problem, just friendly and quick service from them.   And they better be good because amateur radio is a declining (not quite dying, but...) hobby and margins are unquestionably low.  In fact some of our well known suppliers may not survive for long in the present environment.   As with anything, you can't please everybody all of the time, and, of course mistakes are made-I've made some myself in my business and left some customers unhappy with my dealings with them.   So what else is new?   In the final analysis, the important thing is that you end up with a good batting average and AES has accomplished it with this customer in an exemplary manner.
KD5OWO

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2002, 11:15:40 PM »

Here is another good example that some people have uck and some don't.  The first guy said he was having trouble with AES after 9/11 the second guy said he has been having good luck with the stores.  We have ordered alot of things from AESHAM many times everything goes ok the only problem we have had it the past couple of orders.  To think about it we are about to order a expanded memory thing for my DR-130.  
Steve,KD5OWO
N1KHB

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2002, 01:01:01 PM »

Sounds like some clarity might have been in order from AES, BUT nobody should ever reasonably expect to count on a timely arrival unless some kind of special handling such as Two Day (so-called "blue label") service is specified ESPECIALLY from UPS (aka: "Usual Poor Service"). UPS is one of if not THE worst shipping companies I have ever used and that goes for sending as well as receiving. I could tell some real and frequent horror stories that this clown outfit masquerading as a shipping company has pulled. If you really want something shipped safely and on-time, better off to specify the shipper that YOU want based on past performance. For me that choice would be Fedex primarily. Good luck in future shipments with other shipping oufits.

Joe N1KHB
KD5OWO

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2002, 05:35:15 PM »

Are you implying that sometimes slow orders are not AES's fault? If you are you are right but it would be faster if AES would get the order out quicker.  

Steve,KD5OWO
N6JSX

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2002, 12:34:13 PM »

Sir, I differ with your assesment in that there are things AES can do to resolve the customer complaint and rebuild some customer satisfaction.

1. How about refunding all shipping charges back to the customer - money talks the rest walk.
2. AES take down the customer complaint and formally write a "Corrective Action" letter of what AES did to insure this does not happen again.

Will this solve this "past" problem - NO, but it may help all of us in the future dealings with AES. It also puts a finacial burden on AES to clean up their act.

However, I can tell you that the actions of AES are becoming the American business "NORM". I'm experiancing this time and time again - mail order, drive thru windows, and phone orders - only deal with you for a very short period of time. By the time you get the items you have driven away or hung up the phone. They do not receive the immediate wrath of an upset customer.
I'm a Sr. Quality Engineer (Electronics Test) and this trend is getting worse every year in American business. ISO 9000 is not curbing this problem. The new exec's are ONLY focused on immeidate profits gained today rather than a continuing customer business relationships of tomorrows. Get the money today - as they is no tomorrow.

THE_TRUTH

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2002, 04:33:44 PM »

I do all my ordering through AES in Orlando and I have a hard time believing that all they would do in a case like this is make excuses and not take care of the problem.  I have never encountered this!  As long as they refunded your shipping and you didn't have to pay any money out of pocket to get the stuff returned, isn't that what they are supposed to do?  What's the problem.  We're all human and everyone makes mistakes!
THE_TRUTH

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2002, 04:47:25 PM »

Try talking to Charity at the AES Orlando store.  She's really good about making sure these things get cleared up.  There must be a mix up with what the FCC has on file for you and maybe the "other" name is causing a problem somewhere.  If Dennis Volin is what AES has on their file, that's what you have here too.  Try giving them the "old" name to see what comes up as far as what you've purchased in the past.  
Most customers encounter no problems with AES so why do others encounter so many?  Good question!  There's got to be a reason and it could be either end.
THE_TRUTH

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2002, 04:52:25 PM »

So let me get this straight.......... you've had no problems with AES and received a radio with no problems over the summer, but SUDDENLY what was probably the Post Office's fault in losing your money order is now AES' fault, and they are the bad guys now?  Give me a break!  Better be sure of something before you wreck a good business' reputation over a FALSE accusation!
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: