Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AES = Careless, service going downhill  (Read 4617 times)
THE_TRUTH

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2002, 05:00:38 PM »

I am sure that AES appreciates your business over the past 25 years as you put it, but I'm suprised at how easily you change your opinion or who you do business with after so many good years over a back-ordered item or a box that was torn by UPS not AES!
THE_TRUTH

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2002, 05:14:17 PM »

Except for back-orders, 99% of my orders placed one day go out the same day.  How much faster do you want???  I've ordered off of these TV Ad commercials and you have to wait 4-6 weeks!  Now that's poor service!  What do you people want?  AES is EXTREMELY fast!  
KD5OWO

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2002, 08:42:17 PM »

The Truth,
  Well sir seems you have had luck with AES.  Many have had luck and at time me and my family have had more luck with AES. In fact AES is the only store my dad has ordered from though a catalog for Amateur Radio Suppiles since 1992 when we became licensed.  

Now like I said before it all comes down to some people have allot of luck and others not.  Seems some people have bad luck and go again to either find better service or the same service.  

Steve,KD5OWO
NG3J

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2002, 09:25:11 AM »

Sounds like "the truth" works for AES....Either that or getting paid to post all these posts :-) -- Just an opinion....  :-)
KD5OWO

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2002, 10:40:56 PM »

I think "The Truth" was just trying to state what he thought without letting everyone know who he was.  I mean that really does save the hassel of some of the 'harsh' users on AESHAM!

Steve,KD5OWO
AB0RE

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2002, 11:32:38 PM »

Yes, it appears to me as well that "The_Truth" does work for AES and is unable to offer an unbiased evaluation of the company.  Why else would somebody go out of their way to leave numerous anonymous posts?  I have a hard time accepting posts as being valid if the person doesn't sign their name to them.

Most posters have indicated that they've done business with AES for many years without any problems, meaning AES as a whole does okay most of the time.  However, the original post raised concern about how AES handles problems when they do arise.  

Sometimes an excuse and a refund are not enough - customers who spend thousands of dollars with your company expect you to exceed their expectations.  They expect your company to think out of the box.  They expect your company to do whatever is necessary to remedy the situation even if it does require them to "take a loss" on the transaction.  AES had many more options besides a simple refund and a blame it on the other guy approach.  If people can't understand that concept, perhaps they shouldn't be in business to begin with.  
KD5OWO

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2002, 05:28:38 PM »

Can you restate? Your last paragraph made no sense to me.

Thanks,
Steve,KD5OWO
KD5OWO

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2002, 08:10:15 PM »

LOL!  I was just going back to some old posts and reread this one and now I understand what you mean!!!

Steve,KD5OWO
KB9OJS

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2003, 09:13:09 PM »

I have really rever had a problem with AES as far as damaged/opened gear is concerned. In fact, all my gear(too much to count) has been ordered through AES. I have had a problem with their online ordering though.

I ordered a Brand new Grundig YB400PE in July. I asked them to E-MAIL ME THE GROUND TRACK NUMBER. I never got a reply. I ended up calling them and I was confronted with a rude salesman who appearently thought it was a great sin I committed when I asked him about the status of my order. I eventually got the ground track number, and I was happy.

Last night (9-9-03) I ordered a 17" thin duck for my VX-1R(purchased through them) and I asked them to send me a ground track number. Guess what? Today as of eight PM CST on 9-10-03, I have still not got a response. Earlier today(3:30 PM CST) I emailed them at orders@aesham.com to get this info, yet I get no response. Once I get that antenna, I am gonna raise 8 kinds of hell about this. I doubt it will do any good, but I. want to vent my anger at the careless staff at AES

I guess AES only cares about you if you order >$4000 in gear at one time. HRO here I come. At least they may care.

DON'T BUY FROM AES!

73's de John Bunyan, KB9OJS Amateur Extra
WA4MJF

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2003, 12:08:01 PM »

I've always had good service from AES and I've
been dealin' with them since Terry (SK) upgraded from
a 310B to a 310 G.  I used to receive stuff
by Railway Express back then, as equipment those
days was BIG!

As for the money order, if it is a USPS one,
contact your Postmaster/mistress.

73 de Ronnie

KB9IV

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2003, 08:52:17 PM »

Well......I phone ordered at expensive TCXO-1 for my FT1000D from Milw.  It came and I got side tracked installing it.......That was my mistake! I unknowingly
sold the TCXO-1 NIB to a fellow ham.  Only problem was
AES sent me a cheap Kenwood TCXO instead and I took it in the butt twice.....so watch it!!

Bill
KB9IV

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2003, 08:55:03 PM »

Well......I phone ordered at expensive TCXO-1 for my FT1000D from Milw.  It came and I got side tracked installing it.......That was my mistake! I unknowingly
sold the TCXO-1 NIB to a fellow ham.  Only problem was
AES sent me a cheap Kenwood TCXO instead and I took it in the butt twice.....so watch it!!

Bill
KZ9G

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2003, 03:13:48 AM »

I just don't understand many of the issues here.  Now that I think of it, I've been doing business with AES for over 20 years and have never once had an issue with them.  I find their sales and technicians and website top notch, and will continue to do ham related business with them (one of their technicians is quite a contester).  

WR8D

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2003, 09:54:23 AM »

First thing i always ask AES..Is this item instock and which store will it be shipped from. You can clear out any back order problems right at the start. Also you'll know where its being shipped from and when it will get there. All you have to do is remember to ask. I've used them for 21 years and will continue to be a customer. Remember..place your orders then ask these questions immediately.

John WR8D
N1TS

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2003, 06:00:46 AM »

I have been using AES for years and years, and never had a single problem. In fact, it's been a pleasure doing business with them.

Ed
N1TS
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: