Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Phil's Ham Radio Store, take a past  (Read 691 times)
N7ZDR

Ignore
« on: March 26, 2009, 06:16:04 AM »

Never Again
I purchased some items on 10/12/08. They charged my CC card right away for 124.41. It was back ordered so I cancelled the order. I then received the items about the last week in December. I called Phil and said I was sending it back and needed a refund, he said ok. I sent it back (I have the UPS delivery confirmation ) Phil gave me a refund on the shipping but not the merchandise. I have called many times, most time there is no answer. Talked to Charles and he said he would leave a note for Phil. I have called about 50 times, and have left many massages but no response. They owe me 121.41
I will stay will the old stand by's (HRO,AES Etc.)    
K0OD

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 08:03:06 AM »

The photo on their site should have been a clue

http://www.philshamradiostore.com/images/InitialSet/PHRS.jpg

You ordered ham stuff but got the haircut

--
Call your CC company about obtaining a chargeback.
KA9DTZ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 09:53:33 PM »

Larry,

I feel for you.  What I went through with them was wrong (see my post 08Feb2009) but your experience goes way too far.  It only serves to further my dislike for the way they seem to do business.

You mention several calls.  Their hours are very limited.  My opinion, based on what I have been through, is that Charles, KC9MUT, is there more as a buffer.  He seems to be there a couple of hours a day to take orders and possibly, the heat.  You talk with him and are assured the problem will be resolved.  He will be happy to "get with", "talk to" or "leave a message for" Phil, AB9IZ.  I understand this is a sideline for Phil as he works on the railroad but it certainly does not excuse certain types of behaviour.  

I agree with the other post that you should contact your credit card company. Simply allow the card company to extract the money from Phil's pocket.  Don't waste your time or effort on lip service.  Even if the refund were to arrive tomorrow, how long have you waited?  It appears there was clear communication and an agreement so the card company should be made aware of what happened.

In my opinion, the best way to deal with them is, first, be a local ham.  If it's there and you see it with your own eyes, then buy it.  Over the internet or phone, you might want to think twice.  Sour grapes on my part?  Maybe.  Because of the money?  No.  THEY (both) offered to take care of the problem, expressed concern with respect to dissatisfied customers and then refused to follow through or respond to telephone or e-mail inquiries.  I just don't like that kind of treatment.

Hopefully, you will update us as to how it turns out, for better or worse.

Good luck & 73, Greg
WA8MEA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 06:50:10 PM »

>>and have left many massages but no response.
---------------------------------------------------
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm......
KA9DTZ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 08:01:13 PM »

I almost had to chuckle on your comment Bill.  If you do get to talk, it often goes like "Phil is gone to his other job", "Phil is on a parts run" or the ever popular "You just missed him, he left about 20 minutes ago".  But, in all honesty, Larry's comments are pretty much in line with what I have experienced.

On the other hand, he does have a list of hamfests he plans to attend.  It might be a good time for any out there that have had trouble communicating in person to see him.  Go figure, if he's at the hamfest he couldn't be "gone to his other job", "on a parts run" or "missed by just about 20 minutes".
PIERCEDAY

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 04:43:37 AM »

I had a problem with Phil's also.  I ordered an Alinco power supply because his price was five dollars cheaper than other dealers.

Several weeks later I still had not received the power supply.   I called and asked Phil to cancel the order if he didn't have the item in stock.  He agreed to and said he would credit my credit card account.

After canceling the order, I tried several times to speak to Phil about the credit, but the phone was never answered.

Two weeks later I had to call the credit card company, fill out a report and mail it in to have the money returned to me.  

I learned my lesson.  Hope others will learn from this experience - order from a known dealer.

Pierce
KJ4JOW  
KA9DTZ

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 07:25:56 PM »

Have I missed it somewhere of has the hamfest information been removed?  The site used to list the hamfests he would be attending. ??

Greg
KB9YKU

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 05:07:04 AM »

i will say phill lost his father a month or so a goo
he was a ham and is know a silent key
i forget the fathers call
ken kb9yku
K0OD

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2009, 10:50:18 AM »

I guess this is his father who died ***nearly 7 weeks ago***
http://www.tributes.com/show/Earl-Hooper-86256482

If he's closed, shouldn't his website say so? What about people who drive a long way to his store? Are online orders being filled?

Is he open? Does he take calls?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: