Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LandAir.COM  (Read 5958 times)
K5YY

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2008, 03:57:10 PM »

Well you didn't seem to think W0BKR should express his! Guess he could ask YOU the same question?
W9BKR

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2008, 08:13:53 AM »

Only if you feel that censorship rules and only posts that certain individuals feel warrant posting, deleting those they don't personally agree with.

Right. I don't care about the pricing, and I choose not to throw hard earned money away like that.  I do feel the pricing isn't justified and that is my opinion.  If you want to procure something for 3x the actual market value, I have some gear I would be willing to part with right now.  Interested?
K5MO

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2008, 05:20:39 PM »

Based on conversations with Hal, I'd highly recommend him. Hams are cheap, and the prices mentioned in the original note are not bad at all, for gear that is backed by a reputable outfit, who will be there if something happens to go wrong.

Yes, you can scarf up something cheaper maybe at a hamfest, but you're on your own if something goes wrong.

Hal at Land-Air is good people. I'd recommend him.
HB9MFD

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2009, 06:04:19 AM »

Collins KWM 380; Synthesizer no lock.
Exellent suport on the phone by Hal.
Still unable to fix fault. Synthesizer unit shipped via postal service,several x-rays have probably damaged a number of IC's.(no mechanical damage).
We agreed on a exchange price plus shipping.
Not cheap, but Collins equipment was never for free...
The -380 works great, thanks Hal.
73 HB9MFD Paul
WB6DGN

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2009, 06:38:50 PM »

"Now he's got a retired cop who is threatening to dig up dirt on anyone who leaves a negative feedback"

There are pretty strict laws against that in every jurisdiction where I've ever lived.  Using police resources and information for personal gain just isn't done.  If this is, in fact, the case, which  I have a hard time believing,  someone needs  to contact the local prosecutor in the jurisdiction in which he lives and/or maybe, federal authorities.  You can't go around blackmailing people to help your buddies.  Also,  though I personally,  know nothing of this business, IF the proprietor condones this kind of activity,  he  is NOT someone with whom I'd care to do business.
Tom
TERRY_PERRY_EX_W3VR

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2009, 12:13:59 PM »

Save all the complaining and maintain your own equipment.

That's what I do when my equipment is out of warranty courtesy of experience in commercial service work, and necessary test equipment. I've only sent one PROIII in for warranty repair. Ended up reparing it myself since it was out of warranty by the time I got it back. Sent to a supposedly platinum service provider to no avail.

What happened to all these hams that are supposed to know electronics? They only ones I've been meeting are the really old timers and/or those with commercial experience.

W3VR
W9BKR

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2010, 03:47:39 PM »

I posted my experience  if you don'tlike it, then ignore it and move on..I don't bother with replies..everyone has an opinion and I stick by mine...As to URLs, if you aren't bright enough to look it up or figure it out...well, GL......CUL  GL
KD8HMO

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2010, 11:27:30 PM »

Landair doesn't publish price lists. If they did, I am sure the interest level would drop off significantly.  Why bother.

As to repair.  Again, I have never sent stuff to them as I have a local guy that does an excellent job.  I do know of two individuals that sent stuff to landair and got it back, un-repaired properly with a bill of $$$.  Well, I can speak for them and won't post their info here.  They can do that.
If one is willing to burn hard earned money, or just money in general for overpriced gear, you can do that. It just is bothersome (not just with me) that someone would honestly price equipment at the price levels I have seen. Even Ham Station, AES, etc. don't have pricing to the likes of LandAir.

You choose where to buy and that is your option.  I just feel some sanity and realism needs to be seen in pricing from this outfit.  

Have you seen the stacks of classic radios that he has? Look at the pics on his website. I would ask top price too if I had to spend the time refurbing all of that. I live 15 mins from Fair Radio Sales and I thought that was the ultimate toy store until I saw Hal's website. I dont know if you have seen the prices on new gear from Yaesu, Icom etc, but if we are going to talk about over-priced stuff, lets start right there. I just bought a brand new VX-7R from Universal Radio a few months ago. $350 total with the extra crap I bought with it. Neat little radio for the most part. Problem is that I have 25 yr old scanners that receive much better than this thing. I wish they would do away with the useless HF coverage and increase performance on the bands that it transmits on. Nice radio, but could be much better for the money. New ham radio equipment is no longer a poor mans realm. I have much better things to spend 10 grand on than a radio right now. I picked up a MINT condition Kenwood TS-520S that looks like it just came out of the box. No scratches, dents or pig-pen cigar(ette) filth. It came with the original hand mic, an MC-50 desk mic, all the manuals, packing and original boxes. I gave $400 for it and I still think I got a good deal for the money. I would not sell it for any less right now. For what I use it for, and the condition of the HF bands lately, a zillion dollar fish-finder radio would be a big waste of money for me right now. Im not much of a contester, and I dont feel the need to spend a zillion dollars on a radio so I can listen to the retard from canada (you know who I am talking about), or K1MAN and his bs broadcasts. Dont need it to listen to a bunch of old men blabbing about their weed-whacker or their latest medical malady either LOL

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y127/delta5/myradio.jpg

If you bring a radio to the hamfest that looks like it has been sitting next to this guy's keyboard for 20 years, dont be surprised when I laugh at you for asking a premium price for it. I see filthy radios like this all the time with insane prices. Makes me wonder if these pigs entire homes look like this... LOL

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y127/delta5/no_smoking.jpg
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 08:46:38 AM by Richard » Logged
K2MIT

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2010, 05:13:01 PM »

Hal is a standup guy when it comes to repairs.  As for his used radios, they all look in amazing condition and are guaranteed to work.  The great part of a market is that if you don't like his prices, you can go elsewhere.

--Jeffrey, k2MIT
WA8MEA

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2010, 06:04:34 PM »

Right now, if Hal had an Ameco AC-1 and a Hammarlund 180, I'd donate one of my kidneys AND pay top dollar for them.

73, Bill
K0OD

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2010, 05:07:09 AM »

Wonder what all of his inventory is worth? Simply incredible and likely worth a big premium. Take a look:

http://www.landaircom.com/showroom.html
W1QJ

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2011, 06:07:54 AM »

Right now, if Hal had an Ameco AC-1 and a Hammarlund 180, I'd donate one of my kidneys AND pay top dollar for them.

73, Bill

Bill, I had a kidney transplant that saved my life on June 25, 2009 from a live donor!  Unfortunately I know some people still waiting for one.  I am sure we can arraign for a nice ICOM 7800 for you in lieu of that old boatanchor stuff if you would make good on that offer to donate your kidney!  If you really would not do it, I wouldn't be talking like that because you see to people like me THAT is a dream come true.  Fortunately someone came to my aid but people still wait and suffer on dialysis daily.  The true fact is there are way more kidneys out there that are available then are needed.  Everyones suffering can come to an end if more people donated.  I was lucky, K2ZZ my good friend was lucky (had a kidney transplant 30 years ago) and still going strong.  My wife wanted to donate her kidney to me but because the blood type was not right, she couldn't.  But she DID donate one to a complete stranger 4 months after my transplant.  Lou    www.kingconversions.com  my kidney transplant story can be read there.  Happy Easter
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: