Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Buxcomm?....Never Again  (Read 6339 times)
KA4KOE

Ignore
« on: July 15, 2004, 03:52:09 PM »

I referred some friends to Buxcomm since he had good interface boxes at a cheap price. The only problem is, he doesn't like using the phone to resolve problems. The rude treatment received from him over the phone was atrocious. I was embarrassed because I recommended the units in the first place.

Its just plain stupid to treat people like that. Some, like me, tend to want to let the whole world know.

Buck needs to go to charm school and work on his interpersonal skills. The classes would more than pay for themselves in the upsurge of orders he would get as a result of being polite.
KG4YJR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2004, 07:03:22 PM »

I bought the RASCAL interface and had problems with it almost immediately. While the customer service was polite and quick to respond, after sending it back to them they returned it saying, "it worked when we tested it". Two weeks later it only worked when it wanted to with the same radio, same pc, same settings but somedays it wouldn't do squat. Another cheap get-what-you-pay-for P.O.S. in my opinion.

Avoid!

Dave
K9FV

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2004, 03:39:03 PM »

I agree I had much the same brash im-polite response when building his new GLX interface.  Prices are cheap, but I sure don't like his attitude!!

Ken
KC5WNK

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2004, 04:51:01 AM »

Yep.. that was my experience with Buxcomm too. I got my Rascal GLK order quicker than expected, but was disapointed to find that the kit contained two project boxes, and no pc board or components. I called their order line and spoke with a very nice young woman who promised to ship out the missing parts right away. They arrived about a week later.

The first thing I did was to inventory all the parts. I had two LEDs where only one was called for, and also an extra diode. However, both resistors were 750 ohms, where the circuit called for one of them to be 1200 ohms. Also, of the two capacitors, one was supposed to be 47uF, but I got a 68UF instead. Also, the capacitors were described in the assembly instructions as being red and blue in color. The one that was supposed to be red was green, and the one that was supposed to be blue was red.

When I called back to correct these, I was treated to a dose of Buck's customer service. He insisted that the parts were exactly correct, as he remembered packing it himself. He implied that my ohm-meter must be faulty, and that I was misreading the values of the capacitors. I explained exactly where there were differences between the parts list, and that parts sent to me, and he continued to insist that I should just use the parts that he sent, and ignore the instructions and schematic. He said that I obviously had no experience with kit-building to be asking such questions, and that he didn't offer tech support over the phone. I told him that in fact this was my fourth kit this summer, by far the simplest of the four, and that I wasn't looking for tech support, but simply to rectify the differences between what I paid for and what I received.

He replied that I should just send back the kit and he'd refund the price of the kit, minus shipping. Well, shipping there and back was about the same as the price of the kit, and I figured I could pick up the parts I needed at Radio Shack less expensively. So I declined his ultimatum and went ahead with building the thing, and it works just fine. But Buck will never get my business nor my reccommendation again.

BTW, if anyone needs a Rascal project box, a diode or an LED, I have an extra of each, yours for the price of the postage. (This offer not valid in Evington, Virginia.)

KC5WNK
KU4UV

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2004, 02:45:49 AM »

Why do we amateurs continue to do business with people that treat us like this?  I for one will never buy anything for someone with this kind of attitude.  I work too hard for my money to just give it away to somebody with a rude attitude like that.  Maybe if that guy would come here and read some of his horrible reviews, his attitude would change dramatically.
AC0H

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2004, 08:39:50 AM »

Seems the quality of the interfaces is directly proportional to Buck's mood for the day. I think he's still pissed that everyone but a few stalwarts got out of packet, save APRS, a few years back.
N4ZOU

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2004, 03:58:57 PM »

Yes! That’s Buck, bad attitude and all. He used to live in my area and was at most of the club meetings and Hamfest's. The demise of packet did him poor for a little while but the sound card modes got him going again. On a bad day I can homebrew circuit boards and pick parts much better HI! I also don't know what keeps him in business selling stuff that makes MFJ products look professional grade. I guess there will always be a market for sub-standard equipment even if it never works properly.  
K5XS

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2005, 02:57:22 PM »

Well, at the other end of the spectrum...

I had never heard of Buck, nor of his attitude when I ordered on line late last Thursday night (almost midnight).  I ordered half a dozen connectors and they showed up here in Arkansas in my mailbox today, exactly what I ordered.  I was impressed enough to send an email to Bux Comm and tell him how satisfied I was.  I then came here to post a "good news" story on them, and was surprised at the awful reports.

I guess if it's a "Rascal" it's bad news.  If it's mic connectors, I got a good price and you might too.  But based on what I read here, I can surely understand why people wouldn't want to patronize him.
KD5PSH

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2006, 06:57:07 AM »

I suspect that you fellows have more cockpit problems than anything else. When something works only some of the times (in this solid state age) it's probably the operator that is not working the same way everytime.

K5CO
KA4KOE

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2006, 07:11:54 AM »

I suspect you have never had to deal with Buck when his products do not function, or email him with a problem.

KB7QXQ

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2006, 08:39:00 PM »

I was doing my search for Buxcomm and found this forum.  I joined the crowd of those receiving the butte of Buxcomm's "lack of" customer service.

He ultimately refused to ship to me as I "complained unresasonably on 3 occassions".  I learned that ordering from Buxcomm and having the ordered filled incorrectly (always at least 10% value being the error - in the favor of Buxcomm), would result in them no longer filling your order IF you requested that they correct their errors.

After a year, being unable to find the exact item that I needed in a somewhat comparable price, I tried ordering again and he filled my order!!! However, when I called to comment that I didn't want anyone to get mad or yell at me over the phone, but the order DID short me 10% of the items that I ordered, but was billed for.  Again, I was told that since I had complained 3 times BEFORE this, "without cause" that they would no longer consider me a customer.

I cannot see how such a business stays "in business"!!  It escapes me if there are so many problems, how does he exist???  Most businesses have found the value in maintaining a customer base by correcting errors kindly!!

Some day, even though he is apparently in his 70's, he will decide to sell to someone else or just close up shop.

For sure, the buyer must beware with Buxcomm.com

KD8Z

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2007, 05:49:54 PM »

Bucks a nut, screams and hollers like an elementary student, has a thing about talking down to people like everyone else is a complete nincompoop!  I believe the elevator has stopped halfway to the penthouse.  If your in need of a good adrenalin boost give buxcomm a call, you will regret it!

enough said!

For a real good time call bucky boy!
N9SZV

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2007, 03:26:10 PM »

I too have had a problem with him when I recently purchased a 17 meter dipole antenna system from commparts it was missing parts This unit was shipped with two (2) so-239’s attached to the bracket.  According to the pictures and the description, there should be one so-239 plus one plain stud mount.  This is what I was confused about.  During my confusion I decided, to my disappointment, to contact the manufacturer for assistance. He e-mailed me said Remove the one on the bottom, and remove the insulator (shoulder washer) and make the bottom one at Ground to the t bar. I know they are in the pack as I packed them. And then started to call me a lid and he is going to enter my name in the Lid List of the ARDA what ever that is.
DUBCROSS

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2007, 03:46:26 AM »

I bought an interface that didn't work (Rascal) for my Kenwood.  I emailed the symptoms and they replyed "They are all tested before they leave here BUT send it back and we'll test it again".  When I inquired as to the return address their response was "It's on every web page".  Smart asses..........

Anyway, after fooling around with it for 2 weeks I found out that the DIN plug for the back of my radio was UPSIDE DOWN!  Yep, you heard me right.  The side that says "UP" is now down and it works fine.

What a bunch of NIMRODS!

73's
Dub
KE5LYR
VA7IQ

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2007, 09:11:28 AM »

Foolish me.  I read this forum, understood how BuxComm operated, and decided to go ahead and place an order. It's a bit like the old "it won't happen to me" kind of thinking.

Was I mistaken! Suffice it to say my order was received and processed, but I found it deficient upon arrival. A simple call to remedy the situation turned into a very unpleasant experience, of which I will spare you the details.

My conclusion is similar to others on this thread. After being dealt with in such an unacceptable manner, I will not be considering, ordering or recommending products from Buxcomm.

With increasingly bad press on the web, one might think that BuxComm might consider conducting a self-audit, or even better get an independent perspective to see how their company could improve.

When customers have these many bad experiences, and are upset enough to share them on the web, then it indicates there is an unrealized and unactioned opportunity for improvement.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: