Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Buxcomm?....Never Again  (Read 7524 times)
WA8UET

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2007, 09:47:38 PM »

I had just the opposite experience of those of you who have posted above.  There was an error when I ordered my interface and a 4 pin cable was sent instead of an 8 pin.
I called them and the appropriate cable was immEdiately shipped to me along with a return mailer to return the incorrect one.

I am well pleased with my rascal interface.  It has preformed flawlessly on hf using it for psk 31 and when our WB2REM echolink interface bit the bullet I pressed it into service on echolink to keep our link going to our repeater in Lima Ohio and it preformed flawlessly and  nothing but compliments from the users on the improvement  on our echolink system.  I am going to leave it there and order another one for my hf station.

73 Joe WA8UET
KB5DPE

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2007, 11:12:36 PM »

"I am going to leave it there and order another one for my hf station"

I'm just an observer, I have no first hand experience with the company, but it sounds to me like you'd better not stretch your luck.  You may find out what the others are talking about!
Tom
N1ERF

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2007, 09:49:27 AM »

I was actually considering ordering a balun from them.
Unless I am desperate, I'll just hold off and build one
myself. I haven't ordered from them, but my main complaint
is that the web page is *WAY* too disjointed and many of
the links lead to garbage. The site needs to simplify
the links and remove all duplicate pages for their
different "coasts" sites. Many of their images are poo-poo.
   It's too bad that many people are having such difficulty.
It appears that there is a ego/denial problem
with the owner. It's no way to conduct business. He'll
surely lose out in the end. Is he related to Wayne Green?

/John
K2VI

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2007, 10:12:58 AM »

I like there antenna's and baluns,well built gear.However i had a few questions about building the OCF windom using his 4:1 balun,i needed his dimentions for this antenna,he just replied figure it out.its 1 third on one side and two thirds on the other.When i asked if he could make it easy for me and just give me the measurement he replied "I have another call goodbye" and hung up.I have NEVER had such rudeness especially when i was very humble.I sensed his anoyance right away.For this reason I would not deal with this rude mean spirited person,I would not say man because I think he is a half a man.And i hope he reads this.Buck you sure are an infamous individual,try being nice for once in your life,maybe even read the bible.Good luck!!

anthony k2vi
K2VI

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2007, 11:21:12 AM »

Well i have to apoligize to mr buck,yes i feel he was a bit rude but i did not know if he had a bad day and i just learned he is 77,So now i feel like a real fool to write what i did and not give the man a little understanding and consideration,I needed a part that buxcomm has and i knew i could get it in 24 hours,well i broke down and called hoping to get the nice lady who sometimes answers but i got buck,he must have been in a good mood because he was very nice and answered all the questions i had.I was shocked,so please diregard the trash talking i wrote as this time i was wrong(very rare occasion) and should have given buck the benefit of the doubt.sorry buck,Your antennas and baluns are second to none.And on certain days so are you.

tony k2vi
K4KAL

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2007, 07:56:37 AM »

I purchased two Rascal interfaces from this company.  When you call them, and you finally get them on the phone they are rude, and they make you feel like it's your fault that you are having problems.  The guy on the phone basically said just send them back and I will refund your money. "He said it in a way that I would not write in this message!".  I would not buy anything from this company!
N5CRO

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2007, 06:28:34 PM »

I ordered few times from Buxcomm.
Never had any problems...they shipped my orders same day.All items that I needed were as described.Good quality and well packaged.Customer service A+++.

N5CRO,Joe
N3LJS

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2007, 08:32:51 PM »

I just bought a tnc cable for a spare radio. I didn't have the time to build it. I made several in the past, plus I was waiting on a new Weller WESD51. The cable arrived with a different model number on it, so I called and check on it. Plus I had a simple question to ask the tech department. The person that answered the phone must be a spaz. He needs to be replace, before they get anymore of my money. But I hope he is the owner.............. >:-)

N3LJS
Rob Peterson
La Vale, MD
(Gray House)
MI3NIE

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2007, 05:16:45 AM »

hello all

i used buc for some antenna supplies and i agree with you all no manners or respect -- takes your money and thats thats. i reported that the baluns terminals where loose well you can guess the reply.  i was called a scam artist-liar-etc so it took him 3 orders plus and over 1200 dollars of my money to work this out. this man has no manners what so ever treats the public like c_ap . why do we support people like this .fellow ham operators BEWARE .

he did ask me to return the faulty goods and he would replace / repair . I asked would he cover all the costs envolved due to bad workmanship etc  postage / customs costs etc that i had inccured. guess the reply.

i thought i was the only one and that people would find it hard to beleive these reports about a fellow ham ----- THANKYOU ALL I'M NOT ALONE-----

MI3NIE / 2I0NIE
CHRISS
N9XCR

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2007, 11:16:06 AM »

It's sad to see that Buck has pissed so many people off. I haven't dealt with him myself and I'm not so sure I want to after reading this thread.

I am curious, though, as to the quality of his current baluns. They seem reasonably priced, but I also believe that you get what you pay for in most cases.

Chris
N9XCR
N9VV

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2007, 06:43:38 PM »

I have had good luck with
http://home.att.net/~n8st/index.html
and Carolyn and her OM are wonderful
people to deal with ;-)
de ken n9vv
KG6QMZ

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2007, 10:38:39 AM »

I had the same experience; rude customer service = no more purchases from Buxcomm.
KI4WCQ

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2007, 07:25:54 AM »

His balums look well made, but don't let your amplifer touch them.  They turn to toast after 200 (yes, two hundred) watts.  Cheap under spec coax inside of them.  It would only cost him a nickel more to go first class.
KB2SIN

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2008, 12:02:56 AM »

NEVER,NEVER,NEVER will I ever do business with this company again!!! I ordered an interface cable for my brand new TS-2000 to work with the Rascal GLX. They sent me the cable, which DID NOT WORK. I sent Buck an email regarding this and received a rather RUDE response, When I called and spoke with him he was just as rude. So I sent the company 2 emails requesting an RMA # to return the worthless cable and NEVER received a response, My 3rd email to Buck stated if I did not hear from him by a certain date, I would contact my credit card company along with the Better Business Bureau in his area.
WELL I then received a response within the hour telling me his company sent me 3 emails with the RMA number. and that I better set my service provider straight as to the emails I receive. Well I finally recieved the RMA number and returned the cable within 24 hours. I then did not see a refund on my credit card, so I emailed BUCK again, only to NOT get a response again, so I sent a 2nd email from the exact same email address I have been using all along and low and behold, I get a return email stating a letter was in the mail and my credit card was credited.
I checked my credit card and it was credited 3.00 less than what I payed for the cable to begin with. WHY I had to pay a fee for this I dont know??? Anyways, I thought as a courtesy to BUCK I would include a hard copy of the correct wiring information on page 95 of the Kenwood TS-2000 users Manual, so that maybe in the future some poor sole who does business with this obnoxious company will get the correct cable. You would think I would atleast get a thank you for the information, NOPE! Nata, Zilch!! So before you do business with this poorly run company, THINK!!! Do I want to have this hassle if by chance I receive the wrong item?? Do I really need to be spoken to in this fashion?
Well My answer is NO, No, Never, Never, NEVER AGAIN!!!
Buck Definately needs interpersonal business training!

I hope this helps any of you contemplating buying anything from this company.

de KB2SIN
KC9KUR

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2008, 01:09:43 PM »

Check this one out!!! Emailed Buck about the swr values for the 80 meter loop. All I asked for was swr values. This was the response. VSWR is determined by your tuner at the baand segment you are operating at.

Now this is coming from someone who is building and selling antennas. I am new to the hobby and are still learning the ropes. I thought that I didn't know much but now I know that I am Smarter Than Buck. Swr is determined by the resonance of the antenna. The tuners job is to tune an out of resonance antenna.

Maybe Buck needs to study for his License again!!!!
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: