Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Buxcomm?....Never Again  (Read 7568 times)
KC0W

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2009, 08:42:53 AM »

I bought one of his "soap dish holder" interfaces about 10 years ago. Yes, I really do believe the plastic box was a soap dish holder at one point in it's life. Even back 10 years ago people were complaining about Bucks lack of customer service.......Tom KC├śW
K3WVU

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2009, 05:27:39 AM »

I've done a lot of business with them for small stuff, but a recent experience put me off. I mistakenly sent in a duplicate order for a cable, and then realizing my mistake, I immediately sent an email to their customer support address instructing them to cancel. To be on the safe side, I then called and Buck answered. He said that the order couldn't be cancelled because it had been processed a half-hour before. He then told me that all the employees have left for Thanksgiving an hour before, so he was obviously lying. He then told me to call back "first thing Monday" and tell them to cancel the order.
I can tolerate a lot of stuff from a company, but once they lie to me, they're off my list for good.  

Well, as an update, I got an email from a different employee, who said she had cancelled the order (proving Buck had lied through his teeth). Only problem was that they didn't do a PayPal REFUND, they sent the money back as a separate transaction, costing me a fee. When I contacted them again, Buck replied that I really should owe them more money because of the 'two hours' it took the employee to process the PayPal transaction (it takes 5 minutes, tops).
What a bunch of incompetent, lying crooks!
CURIOUSHAM

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2009, 05:49:26 PM »

Yes, Buxcomm is one of the worst companies to deal with, and a lot of their stuff is junk.  Avoid, avoid, avoid!
MI3NIE

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2010, 11:56:05 AM »

Hello all

I hope everyone is keeping fine..........one last remark on Buxx the remark about you get what you pay for .well yes but again over here thats like hens teeth!.......... Shocked........you pay up front and get dumped on when all goes wrong.it was a simple thing that the terminals that he used with grip washers didnt really work ..he advised he personally tightened them whoops! ................sealed units ............and i did happen to cut one open ...

Result

ferrite beads x2
sml thin wire x3
these as advertised  toroid cores balls !

had other ones apart same story x2 ferrite beads 1 1/4 long x 3/4 inch max rated 2kw

thats history folks u learn & keep earning Wink

Anyone able to supply  godd p, 259 plugs mini 8 rg 213 etc

cheers all from ENNISKILLEN

WB4IUY

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2010, 12:13:33 PM »

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to give Buck some props. Myself and several others in my area & ham club have been buying packet radios, interfaces, etc from him for years with nothing but great service. The best money I ever spent on an inexpensive accessory was the Buxcomm Rascal interface. Worked great, with no problems. Just my $.01 worth.

Dave WB4IUY
www.WB4IUY.net
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: