The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VX-150 Question  (Read 2230 times)
KH6L

Ignore
« on: January 23, 2001, 01:49:31 PM »

After reading the glowing reviews, I purchased a Yaesu VX-150.  It seems like a very fine 2 meter handheld with one exception....  The small speaker seems to have a physical pop and crackle sound at the end of squelch tails and with general squelch noise.  It's annoying to me.  If I turn the volume up to about 2 o-clock, about how loud it should be to hear a call with it on your belt, the speaker will pop, crackle and buzz on voice peaks.  This is more of a noise caused by the speaker and not distortion within the audio signal. I don't recall this type of problem with any of my past handhelds. It's fine if I keep the volume knob around 12 o-clock but still pops on squelch tails.

Does anyone else have this problem of so I need to look into replacing this speaker?

Randy
KH6L
KH6L

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2001, 04:42:40 PM »

Now that I'm awake, that last question in my original post should read "Does anyone else have this problem or do I need to look into replacing the speaker?"
KB9TQN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2001, 03:10:50 PM »

You should probably have it checked out. My VX-150 distorts when the volume is maxed out but nothing like you describe.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: