The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Icom Ic-910H??  (Read 2592 times)
KD5MAW

Ignore
« on: November 25, 2000, 03:14:07 PM »

I'm thinking about a UHF/VHF base rig for my "shack". There are all kinds of mobile units available but only a couple which are obviously designed for use as a base station. The Icom 910H looks interesting, but I understand it has not yet received FCC approval. I've also not found any reviews on the unit or expected price info. Anybody know anything about this critter?
AB5N

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2000, 05:48:47 PM »

Greetings-
I spoke with an Icom rep- and she said that it wouldn't really be formally introduced until Dayton next year!
She said that they normally will advertise a new radio- a full year before they ship to dealers. The Japaneese version is on the market there as the IC-910 and is much lower power. Using my best-guess calculations based on the jap version plus the power amp costs- minus the 15% discount we get for being Icom's biggest market- It should come in at about $1450 street price. The 1.2 unit is not as expensive as others in the past..at about $375. The other thing is that the rig is single conversion in 2mtr SSB mode. I'll keep searching the japaneese ham sites and post any new info I get.

73's
Bob
KD5MAW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2000, 10:51:19 PM »

Thanks for that info Bob. I just got a new HRO catalog and noticed the 910H is still listed as non-FCC approved and price TBD. Got plenty of other irons in the fire, so maybe they'll be on the market by the time I get caught up. 73

kd5maw
WA4FOM

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2001, 02:24:35 PM »

It looks to me like they're selling them...There's
even a product review here on the web site.

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/1274

I lnow I'm tempted to get one, but I think I'll wait
for the QST review.
KD5MAW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2001, 08:40:12 PM »

At $1500 bucks, think I'll wait on the review too. Without knowing anything else, I think I'm going to wait for the Ten-Tec 526 IF-DSP VHF all-mode to get out of FCC testing and on the market. Even buying an amp to go with it (it's a 20w rig) would bring the price in less than the Icom. Check it out at:

http://www.tentec.com/TT526.htm
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: