Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LIDO MOUNTS  (Read 118321 times)
WA2WMR

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2008, 12:39:57 PM »

Choke choke, gasp gasp. I actually got through and spoke to a real live person. He took my name and address and told me that the correct part will be going out today.
LIDOMOUNTS

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2008, 08:10:37 AM »

Hi,

Just checking to see if you have received the plate.

73's

Jim Newcomb
WA2WMR

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2008, 09:16:20 AM »

Yes, I did recieve the plate a couple of days ago. Thank you. I haven't been able to try it out yet because everything has been moved into a storage bin in preparation for moving. I will check the bin tonight to see if I can find the box with my ham stuff in it and check it out.

Thank you
Lind
WA2WMR  

K6TFZ

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2008, 02:56:17 PM »

Bought one at a ham show a couple of weeks ago. Got it home and had a question. Emailed and had an answer in about 2 hours. Worked for me.  Geoff, K6TFZ
K5WQH

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2008, 11:19:03 AM »

I ordered a mount back on Oct 25 2008. Received an email that it shipped the 27th. my card has been charged and I cannot get in touch with them by telephone or email. Still I have not received the product. My previous experience with Lido was good.
I ordered from Crutchfield thru Amazon last Sunday(9 Nov) and received them today(13 Nov).Same price better service.
K5WQH

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2008, 11:23:58 AM »

BTW the number 949 395 5487 is not a working number.
LIDOMOUNTS

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2008, 08:57:59 AM »

Hi,

Our phone number is 888-550-5436. I can be reached at jim@lidomounts.com
If you let me know the order number, I will track this down for you.

Regards,

Jim Newcomb
President
Lido Products
K5WQH

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2008, 07:17:03 PM »

With the help of Janet at ARRL I have now received my order from Lido Mounts. Once contacted by Janet Jim at Lido went into high gear and serviced the order very well.
My kudos to Janet and Jim,
Marty
K5WQH
AB2YS

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2008, 09:52:29 AM »

I was about to order an item from their Website until I noticed that the cheapest shipping charges for a $20.00 item is $20.00! The mount weighs only a few ounces and could be sent priority mail for a few dollars.
KC2GYN

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2008, 07:50:59 PM »

STAY AWAY FROM LIDO MOUNTS!

He's been banned from Ebay and is ripping people off.

Please go to the below link and get your complaint filed. The sooner the process gets rolling the faster the Feds with lock him up.

Remember $40 dollars time 3 or 4 thousand people adds up quick. Put an end to his crime spree.

http://www.ic3.gov
KE7TOT

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2008, 07:55:55 PM »

I have the same comment as others before.  No answer from Lido on any questions.  As far as I can tell looking at picture comparisons, what he claims to sell is available from other sources at better prices and with much better service.  Check out http://stores.ebay.com/MF-X2 or http://www.mountguys.com.  I just bought a seat bolt gooseneck mount that looks just like Lido's picture, and got it for $17.95 plus $8 shipping WITHIN 3 DAYS, shipped from NJ to Seattle!  These guys know what they're talking about, and they answer questions.  When I asked if they were selling Lido products, they said they were aware of Lido but they sourced their products independently.  I suspect that's what Lido is doing as well.  The resemblances and descriptions of the products are just too similar.

Mike KE7TOT
AE6TK

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2008, 09:36:09 PM »

I purchased the “LM-400 EXP Window Mate Express” and a “Bean Bag Dash Mount” at Pacificon 2008. When I got home I noticed the top plastic piece which holds the ball joint is cracked and therefore, I am unable to adjust the position of my radio. If the product wasn’t broken it would suit my needs.

My issue, however, is with the lack of response I have received from Lido Mounts (the vendor I purchased the Window Mate Express from). I have made several attempts to contact Lido Mounts: I sent four e-mails addressed to both Jim@lidomounts.com and sales@lidomounts.com and I called Lido Mounts (888-550-LIDO [5436]) three times. In each instance, I left a message. To date, I have not received a response via email or via phone.

I would recommend that no one purchase products from “LIDO MOUNTS” and if you do, don’t buy from them direct. Instead, I would recommend you purchase their products from a reputable retailer.

If any one can recommend a better product from a company with great customer service it would be greatly appreciated.
K5WQH

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2008, 07:00:49 PM »

Lido is a reseller. All of these mounts can be purchased from other sources. The manufactuer is PRO-FIT out of Minnesota. I had some very good luck with Crutchfield.
EI8DRB

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2009, 07:25:37 AM »

I had 4 emails all unreplied, so I looked elsewhere, and, like KE7TOT, found the seat bolt gooseneck mount that Lido sell for $24.95 for $16.95 with http://www.mountguys.com/
Ordered on 12/01 and  received it on 19/01 IN IRELAND. 7 Days for postage from US to EI... use these guys!
LIDOMOUNTS

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2009, 09:38:13 PM »

Hi,

Our products are available from Ham Radio Outlet and Amatuer Electronic Supply.
Our products have significant advantages over those sold by MF2 or Mount Guys.

Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: