Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LIDO MOUNTS  (Read 132902 times)
W5LDA

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2010, 04:18:38 PM »

Wish i could have seen this too.But i feel embarrassed to gripe as its only been 10 days since they charged my card,,which was charged the next day after ordering. Funny how some can take your money so quickly and then forget to ship the item.I'll give him the rest of this week then start proceedings.
KJ6GTD

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2010, 06:16:25 PM »

Glad to have been forewarned on this. The mount seems like just the option I want for a new FT-7900R Yaesu. HRO said the Lido owner's wife has been very ill, and that's the reason for poor service and lack of response from him/them. Don't know for sure, that's just what I was told. Would like to find an alternative to the LM-300 seat rail mount, that's the one I think would work best for me. If anyone has a specific alternative, please post.
N5NA

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2010, 07:09:24 PM »

Would like to find an alternative to the LM-300 seat rail mount, that's the one I think would work best for me. If anyone has a specific alternative, please post.

I've heard these guys are good but I haven't dealt with them personally.

http://www.mountguys.com/product_p/sr88-yaesu.htm

Alan  N5NA
KJ6GTD

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2010, 08:43:48 PM »

Awesome, thanks. Just what I'm looking for. I sent them a note; if it looks like a go, then I'll order one right away...
KJ6GTD

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2010, 06:42:27 AM »

As a follow up, I received a response from Mount Guys, even on the weekend. The mount I need is in stock, and they say no problem shipping out first of the week. OK, it's ordered, and if all goes well, can't think why anyone would need to look elsewhere. I'll post a follow up once the mount arrives....
KM6U

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2010, 05:54:59 PM »

I had similarly frustrating experiences with Lido Mounts, two years ago. I was able to locate the manufacturer of most of the items Lido resells: Pro-Fit International. I cancelled my order with Lido and everything I wanted, and more, was promptly shipped  by Pro-Fit. Here's the link: http://www.pro-fit-intl.com/

Hope this helps, KM6U
KJ6GTD

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2010, 12:56:51 PM »

Sittin' around with some time on the PC, so I'll give a progress report. It was Saturday I wrote mountguys.com, figuring to hear from them by the first of the week. Sunday morning I get a response as I previous posted; I ordered the mount, again figuring the most I'll get is an automated order confirmation and no real feedback until Monday. Not so, just a little while later I get a note from mountguys that they have already shipped me the mount via USPS (OK, they might have boxed it, dropped it in a mail facility, I understand the post office won't start moving it until Monday), gave a tracking number....all by Sunday early afternoon. This is amazing, and assuming it arrives as promised and is of the quality I'm expecting, pretty darned good service. I'll drop another note once I get it.....
KJ6GTD

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2010, 08:49:37 PM »

Well, my final follow up on this thread. I am very impressed with mountguys.com! From New Jersey to California I received the mount by Wednesday. It's installed and perfect. The mount itself is made by Arkon Resources Inc. Great service from mountguys, I highly recommend them, and we can all forget about Lido Mounts entirely.
KK5J

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: May 20, 2010, 09:28:27 AM »

A friend of mine, Ken - KE5JDJ, ordered a LIDO mount.  Shortly afterwards a $2200 charge was placed on his credit card from India.  He never received his product, and he can't reach anyone.  The Indian charge has been corrected.  The LIDO charge has not.  This doesn't appear to be a coincidence. This company is a rip-off.  Stay away from these folks and their products and you'll be a lot happier.   Angry
KE5JDJ

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: May 20, 2010, 05:50:42 PM »

KK5J is referencing my problem.  I ordered a mount...got a US Post Office tracking number and nothing afterwards.  The U.S. Post Office says just because there is a number does not mean they have received the item.  I checked HRO they are out and AES is out.  And, yes, coincidental to my LIDO purchase I got a $2200 charge from Make My Trip which is an Indian travel company.  This is the first abuse ever of my CC...oh, and I got 4 charges for SKYPE also in conjunction with the company from India charge.

Several phone calls and all that happens is it rolls to an answering machine.

I call their parent company, LASS, Inc. at the same address and their number rolls over to free 411 number lookup.

No return phone calls.  No return on any of my many emails.  No product.  

Gee, I wish I had read this thread before I ordered.  

Took my money and have not sent me a product.  I can only recommend that you not do business with these people. 

I think it would be most prudent to avoid a direct purchase from them if you obtain one of their products.  I would never do business with them again and will damn sure not give them my CC number ever again.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 05:53:19 PM by James K. Fayard » Logged

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British prime-minister (1759-1806)
KJ6GTD

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2010, 05:59:31 PM »

It sounds like it would be worth it to have anyone here so inclined, especially if you have fraud charges on a credit card to back it up, to contact the Better Business Bureau/Bureau of Consumer Affairs in the district/state where Lido claims to operate. I did something similar to a New Jersey company that was trying to strong arm people into paying excessive charges on bad checks the company purchased, and then went trying to collect on. I was contacted by them and threatened only because my name matched the name on the check, even though we were different people. Long story short, the New Jersey board had complaints against this company from pretty much all over the U.S.; they were finally able to clamp down on them with legal action. Sounds like Lido could be ready for the same treatment.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 08:20:45 PM by Don West » Logged
K7ASQ

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2010, 10:33:23 PM »

I wish I would have found this review before I placed my order back on March 7... QST may not take their advertising anymore but AES still does. I received an email saying my package was shipped the very next day and they charged my card quickly, but the tracking info still said "Electronic Notification." The 888 number in their ad was "no longer in service," their live chat was never "online," and their phone number on their website went to voicemail every time I called. I left numerous messages and never got a call back. I sent a bunch of emails as well, and did actually receive a response once from Jim Newcomb saying "I will check on this for you. We were at a trade show, and that slowed things down."

Time went by and on April 13 my wife and I both emailed and threatened to dispute the payment and file complaints with the BBB and so on... my money was refunded the next day.

I still wanted the mounts so I ordered them from AES and received an email stating the Lido mounts were on backorder and I would not be charged until they came in. Yesterday, June 2, over a month later I received an email from AES saying "Hello Andrew, We just wanted to let you know that we are no longer carrying the Lido Mounts since they have not been shipping the orders, Your back order has been canceled, we will try to find a new source for this type of product in the future and keep you posted."

I'm telling every ham I know not to do business (although I wouldn't call this "business") with these people and I thought I should throw in my two cents here as well.
KE5TVB

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2011, 03:47:46 PM »

This is a bit older, but the topic is still valid.

I wish I had performed a google search on this company and found this prior to ordering. It has been about a week since ordering and still nothing shipped. I am going to try and contact them and hope to hear from them. If not, I will give them another week or so then call my CC company. Wish me luck I guess. . .
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 08:49:38 AM by KE5TVB » Logged
AB3EN

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2011, 12:47:21 PM »

I purchased a mount for my FT-8900R head in the car. It took a few weeks but the shipment arrived as expected and works outstanding. LIDO solved my problem. I think they have a good range of products. I will buy from them in the future.

Dan AB3EN
MAGNUM257

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2011, 03:47:22 AM »

This thread is almost 5 YEARS OLD! How in the world has Lido stayed in business? And after 5 years of negative feedback you think the word would have spread through the HAM community not to buy from them, yet still some folks are doing just that. I don't get it....
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: