Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MFJ/Cushcraft....  (Read 6939 times)
AB4D

Ignore
« on: September 10, 2009, 11:17:48 AM »

As many already know, MFJ recently purchased Cushcraft.  I've always wanted an X-9 beam so I sent off an email to inquire whether MFJ had any plans to start manufacturing any of the discontinued Cushcraft antennas.

I was glad to be informed that MFJ/Cushcraft is planning to bring back some of the discontinued antennas. IMO, the more interest there is in a certain antenna, the more likelihood that it will become available. If anyone else would like to see any of the discontinued Cushcraft antennas come back into production, I suggest that you drop them an email, indicating what you would like to see become available.

KA3BWP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 06:46:46 PM »

I am VERY unhappy with R&L' and their customer service, or lack of Customer service.
Invoice date 9/24/2009, I ordered a Cushcraft AR-10 ringo Vert. antenna $95.63 shipped. When it arrived, there was no hardware, it appeared the box had opened en route. The antenna was not double boxed. I called and spoke to someone at R&L who informed me it was now a warrantee issue and if I wanted to return it for another I could pay shipping.
This was the same time frame Cushcraft was purchased by MFJ and was in the process of moving. The salesperson at R&L knew this fully and basically told me have fun getting them from Cushcraft. I called Cushcraft/MFJ and spoke with Tom. He said they were just getting settled into the warehouse. I faxed the invoice from R&L along with the parts list of what was missing, that was on 30 Sept 2009. Hearing nothing until 11NOV 2009. I received the following email from Tom at Cushcraft:

I still have your order for the hardware bag. The problem is that the factory is still being reassembled. Many parts are still on the shipping palettes, and others will have to be made when the machines are installed.

Tom
cushcraftamateur.com
662-323-5803

I refaxed the invoice again tonight. I do not hold out much hope for getting the hardware from Cushcraft.
I have since purchased another AR-10 from HRO in Oregon. It was double boxed and arrived perfect, even had the hardware. Imagine that, good job HRO.

Now many would say, "quit complaining", just go buy the hardware you need. I already paid for a complete antenna, I should not be required to spend another dime for hardware which should have been in the box. This is about customer service and LACK of it, starting with R&L who I will NEVER, NEVER call again EVER,for anything!!! R&L should have taken hardware from another AR-10 which they had in stock, and sent it to me.
Cushcraft used to put out a great product and the antennas I have are from the Original Plant. One would think with the ecomony...but I already paid for my junk all I want is the hardware that was supposed to be inside.
AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 06:56:10 PM »

"I called and spoke to someone at R&L who informed me it was now a warrantee issue and if I wanted to return it for another I could pay shipping."

Since when is shipping damage a warrantee issue?
That's bunk (what they told you) The antenna was shipped from R&L, correct? Then they're responsible.

Thanks for telling this. Have never ordered from R&L and don't think I will, if this is their attitude.
If you had ordered a $3,000 Yaesu radio and it arrived damaged, would they have told you "sorry, it's between you and Yaesu"?

Shipping damage a warrantee issue, indeed....geesh.
KG7CN

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 09:03:05 AM »

Cushcraft will not respond to my emails.
I was looking for parts for their triband beam.
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 02:30:57 PM »

hi,

Try the new email address

cushcraft@mfjenterprises.com

73 james
K6IQ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 10:50:10 AM »

Just thought I would add an update.

Cushcraft still has no clue on what customer service or customer satisfaction is. 

I have been trying to get a response from them regarding ordering parts for my A3S. It's now two weeks and three emails later and still waiting to hear from them.

I am at the point where I'm read to buy a replacement antenna from Mosley or Hygain. I have written Cushcraft off from any future purchases.

Poor MFJ, looks like they made a bad business decision in buying the Cushcraft line. Word spreads quickly in the Ham community. The building number of bad report on Cushcraft is sure to impact their sales.
WA7PRC

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 07:00:40 PM »

[snip] I ordered a Cushcraft AR-10 ringo Vert. antenna $95.63 shipped. When it arrived, there was no hardware [snip] I have since purchased another AR-10 from HRO in Oregon. [snip]

Want to sell what's left of your first AR-10?

Bryan WA7PRC
bswadener-at-yahoo-dot-com
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 07:18:15 PM by Bryan Swadener » Logged
KH6DC

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 01:35:27 AM »

Missing parts is NOT a warranty issue, it's considered defective merchandise and R&L should have taken it back, check another new unopened box to see if everything was there, reseal it and shipped it to you explaining that they opened the box to make sure everything was there.  I would have taken it back from you and told you I was shipping another antenna to you but get your permission to open the box ensuring stuff is not missing and that I'm not sending you used or open stock.  You're right on the money, you shoudn't spend another dime on hardware.  2 months had past since this posting, hope it got resolved.

73 and Aloha,
de Delwyn, KH6DC
W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 02:06:57 PM »

Well I must say that MFJ did a fine job with a local hams(W4YJC)needs for parts for a 20 element(10 vert./10 horiz.)2 meter yagi that he purchased USED! He called MFJ & gave them the part numbers that he needed too reassemble the antenna & was told they would get back with him when they completed the move of all of the Cushcraft stock.Several weeks later he arrived home & found a package on his front porch from MFJ with the needed parts enclosed with a parts list & NO CHARGE from MFJ for the parts or the shipping.That is TOP NOTCH in my book.I have a couple of Cushcraft antennas(215WB & 13B2) but do NOT consider myself a BIG FAN of MOST of their antennas but can NOT poor mouth service like that from ANY company! Grin

Clayton
W4KVW
STAYVERTICAL

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2010, 01:23:24 AM »

I am also not a fan of the MFJ quality control on some of their products, but all I can say is that they are a great American company who tries to source and make their products in the U.S.A. wherever possible.
The recent acquisitions they have made prove they are a well run company and Martin Jue deserves the nobel prize for ham products and innovation. Over all the years they have produced innovative and ham-priced (cheap) products, they have not institutionalized the arrogant and condescending attitudes of so many ham manufacturers.
Despite being such a large company they still seem like the small homebrew ham innovator down the road, undoubtedly due to Martin's leadership.
Some companies deserve buckets of derision tossed apon them, but MFJ, despite the odd failing is one who's heart is truly with Amateur Radio, and as such only deserves our thanks and support.
Just think where we would be without MFJ, long may they prosper.
KI4SDY

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2010, 05:55:23 AM »

I have had no problem with any MFJ equipment that I have bought, new or used, and some of my used stuff is really old.Wink There is always going to be a few problems with the transition of ownership between two companies and customer service may suffer in the short run. I have not had to ask for customer service from MFJ, but then again, I know how to properly install and use the equipment. If I bought a new antenna and there were a few nuts and bolts missing, I would just go out and buy them.Grin

I am glad that MFJ bought some of these antenna companies, rather than see them go out of business. I think we are at a transition period for some of these manufacturers, with the original owners getting to old to carry on or passing away and the heirs not interested in carrying on.Cry

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: