Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Balun Designs - Honest to a fault.  (Read 5372 times)
W2RWJ

Ignore
« on: September 11, 2012, 04:59:08 PM »

I have a need for a 9:1 balun for a project - Since I have purchased from Bob @ BalunDesigns previously, they were my first choice.

Rather then steer me into a custom project, Bob suggested that I purchase from his competition as he would end up being more expensive.

KZ5R is honest to a fault!

73 Martin
W2RWJ

V47JA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 07:14:22 PM »

Bob is indeed a class guy making great products. I have nothing but praise for Balun Design products.

73 and DX,

John  V47JA  -  W5JON
W8ATA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 08:44:49 PM »

I have dealt with Bob at Balun Designs on two separate occasions and own four of his baluns. As mentioned, he is a class guy. He has patiently taken the time to talk a couple of antenna projects through with me and given me his honest advice. His baluns are made from the finest materials and with impeccable workmanship. Thanks Bob

Russ - W8ATA
K3GM

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 04:17:24 AM »

Bob immediately responded back by phone to a Sunday email inquiry from me, whipped me up a custom 1.56:1 UNUN with N connectors on it, then had it on my doorstep in about a week.  It's a jewell.
K9SRV

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 03:31:08 PM »

Bob spent 45 minutes on the phone with me. This is MONTHS after I purchased a 4:!
and told him up front, I did not need anothet one, just thinking of some different usuages!
I think this guy LOVES the hobby so much, that he will give you time on the phone for free, just to talk Ham Radio!!

Would NEVER buy from anyone else!

John
K9SRV
W8VVE

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 11:55:30 AM »

I have a new Balun Designs 9:1 balun if you are interested.
My email is nwsam@ntelos.net    73...Sam W8VVE
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 12:00:49 PM »

I have a need for a 9:1 balun for a project - Since I have purchased from Bob @ BalunDesigns previously, they were my first choice.

Rather then steer me into a custom project, Bob suggested that I purchase from his competition as he would end up being more expensive.

KZ5R is honest to a fault!

73 Martin
W2RWJ

I purchased one from him and and guided me to the appropriate choice and followed up all the way thru the production, mailing, and delivery. I always refer to him if people want to buy a balun.

KE2TR

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 10:23:58 AM »

I built my own 43ft wire vertical and bought the 4:1 Unun from Bob, within a weeks after that 43fter was done I miss tuned my phased verticals for 40ty on 80mtrs which both had 1:1 current baluns at the feedpoint by mistake (the remote antenna switch was in the wrong position, my mistake) so I called him on the phone and asked to order two 1:1 baluns for the verticals but Bob talked me outa the sale. He said that the baluns at the feedpoint add to the phasing lines and to try placing just a center insulator at the feedpoints instead, well after I made that change my FB went up 6-10db on almost every signal heard. Before the change FB was maybe 10-12db now its 15-20db and on the long haul stuff its 20db plus. The info Bob gave me on the phone made perfect sence, the current baluns made with coax and a bunch of ferrite's change the whole phasing line of the array feeding each vertical, he only sugested if I like to place a line isolation transformer before the home brew switch box only to prevent any feedline radiation but since I havent put up any towers here I load the verticals on 15,10&6mtrs with decent results. His products are built real well, he doent keep them on the shelf but when you order form him it might take a day or two for hime to get your order ready but you will have it soon enough. The man has allot of sugestion when you tell him what you are going to do and what you want and to top it off he has many different designs for almost any project. KZ5R Rocks!
K3VAT

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2012, 04:29:37 PM »

I purchased custom design and off-the-shelf baluns from Bob for nearly 10 years now.  Correct, he gives excellent advice and provides great service!

73, Rich, K3VAT
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: