The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: questions on ICOM IC-P2AT (2m HT)  (Read 1945 times)
AE6EJ

Ignore
« on: July 15, 2002, 06:54:01 PM »

I recently picked up an ICOM IC-P2AT at a flea market.  It was missing the manual.  It works OK except for one problem - it will spontaneously jump off frequency, either while transmitting or receiving.  For example, I'll be listening on a repeater frequency (e.g. 145.23), and it will be receiving fine.  Then suddenly it will sound off frequency.  If I manually tune it down to 145.22, it works fine again.  Later it will sound off frequency and I'll tune it back to 145.23 and all is well again.  This happens even when I'm not touching it (when it is sitting on the table).  This happens both in VFO and memory mode.  Any ideas as to what may be causing this, and how to fix it?

Also, does anyone know the meaning of the following "set mode" settings:

PT (default value=P, other values can be: PL, BA)
DE (could also be "BE" - default=on, can be on/off)
PS (default=on, can be on/off)
PD (default=1:4, can also be 1:16, off)
DL (could also be "BL" - default=on, can be on/off)
LC (default=2, can also be 1,3,4
SC (default=t-10, can also be p-02, t-05 -- I believe this has something to do with scan mode)

I know what the rest of the setting mean (TO=tone out, OW=offset for duplex operation, TS=tuning step, PL=decimal placement).

Thanks very much in advance,

73 de Curt AE6EJ

ae6ej@arrl.net
KG4TQE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2002, 02:33:05 PM »

I have a P2-AT which is exhibiting strange behavior also, it shuts off periodically for no apparent reason.  Anyway, I've got the book for it somewhere, and when I find it, I will try to answer your question.
Don
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: