Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ham Radio Outlet  (Read 7977 times)
N5VTU

Ignore
« on: September 30, 2008, 12:21:36 PM »

I've been doing business with Ham Radio Outlet most of my nearly 20 year career in ham radio and have always been impressed with this company.  Many of my orders have been completed online, but when I call and speak to a salesperson, I am always assisted with the same level of professionalism whether I'm buying a $10 book or a $3000 radio.  These guys will go out of their way to earn and keep your business with service before and after the sale, price matching their competitors, answering questions, etc.  Their super fast free shipping on most orders over $100 is also a huge plus unmatched by any other ham radio retailer that I'm aware of.  I've never been disappointed with any product or service received from HRO and I highly recommend them.

Stephen
N5VTU
AE5EH

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 07:18:53 PM »

"by N5VTU on September 30, 2008       

I've been doing business with Ham Radio Outlet most of my nearly 20 year career in ham radio and have always been impressed with this company"

I used them the for the first time a couple of weeks ago. They had the best price on the article I was looking for, and in stock. I figured what the hell, give'em a try. The entire transaction was done on line, free shipping, emailed tracking no. without asking, better price than several others, and product to my door in 3 days. Really pleased with them. Did me better than Gigaparts, and they're pretty decent as well.

Terry-AE5EH
K5XS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 06:10:53 PM »

I agree.  I have been happy with HRO Atlanta for many years.  Friendly staff, good prices, and often two-day free shipping to my doorstep here in Arkansas.  Never a disappointment.
KC4GNX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 10:27:42 PM »

Gosh, I remember getting a freshly printed HRO catalog when I was a kid almost 20 years ago day-dreaming about all the goodies inside. I've order a few items from online and visited the Atlanta store a few times.

The staff is friendly and were never impatient with me when it took me nearly three hours in the store to make my mind up on which rig to buy for HF. They let me toggle the antenna back and forth between the two I was trying to decide on to compare weak signals.

I've even called them up to check my mobile on 2 meters before and they were happy to oblige.

They usually have the best price or the very least comparable to others.

I would recommend them to any new ham in need of ham gear.
K7NNG

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 05:59:07 AM »

I have done business in person and on phone with HRO Portland Oregon for years. They are the best.
(I live 1 mile from HRO Denver)
Attitudes mean alot to me.
W2KG

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 05:02:46 PM »

I have to add my "amen" to these positive comments.  I've been dealing with HRO for 30 years and they've been simply great.  They are real pro's.
N4KZ

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 01:20:50 PM »

My dealings with HRO have always been very satisfactory. Their phone order takers are friendly -- which is more than I can say about some ham vendors.

73, N4KZ
K6CRC

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2008, 07:14:40 AM »

I have one near me, but have also ordered on the phone occasionally.

People are very nice. When I first got my Tech ticket, I didn't know much about the hobby (it was for a local CERT group), and went in the store for an HT. The guy behind the counter welcomed me to the hobby, the manager came over and shook my hand. I ended up with a decent deal on a basic HT.  

Strangely, visiting an HRO is the only time I feel welcome (in person) in the hobby.

Good service, good prices, and they recover quickly when an error is made.  5 out of 5 in my opinion.
KG4RUL

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2008, 03:49:11 PM »

We had occasion to visit the Atlanta HRO store on a Christmas shopping trip.  The sales person there spent about 45 minutes with my Wife helping her select an HT to go with her newly arrived Tech ticket.  Always knowledgeable and friendly service.
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2008, 07:04:02 AM »

I have shopped in the Newark, Woodbridge and Atlanta stores and all the staff are very patient and helpful.

The guys in Newark are a little "quirky", but still great guys. Bob and Rick, if you are reading this, I Love You Guys! Smiley

Lon - W3LK
Naugatuck, Connecticut

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2008, 05:01:29 PM »

JANET at HRO in ANEHIEM,Ca. is THE BEST without a doubt for my buying.She ALWAYS treats me right & she does know I LOVE MY "ICOMS"!

Clayton
W4KVW
K3UG

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2008, 08:00:02 AM »

I've been doing business with HRO since the original store at 999 Howard Ave in Burlingame, CA ..  a great old converted train station.. ..

Recently I was shopping for an FT-2000D.. they had the best price.. free shipping..  I ordered it via their website on Sunday evening, and it appeared on my doorstep the next Tuesday morning.

Ya gotta love it.

HRO rocks.
VE2AAR

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2008, 08:19:18 AM »

I ordered a KAM XL and waited for it (2 months) from a well knowned ham radio store in Canada.

Still no news after that delay, so i decided to look elsewhere.

Found one at a fair price at HRO New Hampshire.
It was 412 km from my QTH (quebec/Canada).

Sure glad i did go there to get it.

when i got inside the store with my Canadian Army shirt, i got recognized immediatly.

JIM (that i didn't know before) just welcomed me and we started to chat like old friends.

Just felt like a kid in a candy store (So many ham gears) WOW!

I had a very good services from HRO and i will surely go there more often (now that i know the place)

VE2AAR
W3QJ

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2008, 02:59:56 PM »

Another excellent service event from HRO. Ordered PR781 Tuesday afternoon on line. Delivered to my door Thursday afternoon here in Dallas, TX.

Great prices, great service!

Thanks HRO!

73 de terry W3QJ
W2RBA

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2008, 11:08:39 AM »

I hate to break up this love fest, but I had one experience only with HRO via mail some years ago when I ordered an SMA Comet antenna for a Yaesu VX-1.  They sent me one with a BNC connector and, when notified that this wasn't what I had ordered (and confirmed by the packing sheet which came with the wrong antenna!), they would only exchange it at my shipping expense -- both ways.  As one can imagine, this left a poor taste in my mouth.

I haven't purchased anything else from them and I never will.  I realize that this event was an exception to usually ok service (at least as attested to in this thread), but they failed this simple customer service test; I wasn't about to trust them with an order for anything larger.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: