Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 35 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio Mart (EBay)  (Read 217556 times)
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: December 03, 2010, 05:06:02 PM »

Hi,

Meg was Pres and CEO of eBay, 1998-2008, not the owner.

Pierre Morad Omidyar is the Founder and CEO of eBay.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierre_Omidyar

73 james
K6JPA

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: December 06, 2010, 05:14:45 PM »

Dealt twice in the past with this seller on eBay.  Displeased with the purchases both times, as I felt they were misrepresented, and one item didn't match the listing photos when it arrived.  A search at the time revealed that the photos were from the listing of a similar item he sold a few weeks prior.  I will avoid this seller in the future.
KB3HG

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: December 16, 2010, 05:58:34 AM »

Never again.

Radio Mart, was selling an FT-707 a couple of weeks ago:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=230552904391&si=kOhK%252FtNqskbCupP23stJlP95%252Bns%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AX%3AeRTM%3AUS%3A1123

I am pleased to be able to offer you this fine Yaesu FT-707 HF Transceiver, taken from my own collection.

Please note that I have the whole system available and listed this week, see my other listings to locate the other fine accessories. The transceiver has a problem, it was fine when I last used it over a year ago,, now the frequency display is stuck at the frequency shown, I believe the PLL is out of lock as it is the same on all bands. It is rare to find one in close to Brand New condition, all controls are fully functional and smooth and the main tuning control still has that beautiful classic Yaesu feel to it. It is one of my favorite transceivers which is why I have not sold it sooner, I used to enjoy using it. I am supplying the Power Plug with this auction.

So now it’s time to let it go, so if you’re after a vintage Yaesu FT-707 in exceptional, collectors condition that is not working exactly as it should then you cannot go wrong with considering this one to add to your shack.

sent him a note: Dear radio-mart,

yes real fine condition, just like the stuff that was sent to me from you, it's a VFO not PLL. and its not Oscillating on those bands. the mobile bracket for it you have is the MMB-2 in another listing.
 His response:
Dear elmo_good,

Thanks for that but the VFO would not be off on every single band,,   
Best Regards
Martyn 
Radio-Mart

I have two, news to me that it has a PLL. Mine have a VFO and mixer xtal oscillators

And yes I received junk from radio Mart that was supposed to be in working order also.

Tom Kb3hg
SWL377

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: December 18, 2010, 12:37:46 AM »

His definition of "mint" overlaps mine of "fair".

His eBay descriptions sound like your dream come true, the classic rig you always wanted that looks like it just came out of the box for the first time.

What you get is something far less appealing.

Kinda like Internet dating.

SWL 377
RADIOMART

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: December 19, 2010, 09:27:56 AM »

This is the first time I have responded on this web site, I thought as I have the next 2 weeks off I have time to keep an eye on this thread.

Okay I see that some poor souls are still being troublesome.

I will keep an open line to this thread as it is nice to see that the moderators have not pulled my IP address thus not allowing me to be able to respond to criticism like in the past, I am happy to see that and thank you.

I will address some points I see here posted,

Re the perosn who requested high resolution pictures 2 weeks ago and not sent, and his comments not believing me being in Europe at the time, I was, as my father passed away and I was in England from Dec 2nd until the 12th to take care of arrangements, My staff are not instructed to answer emails in my absence only to get the boxes out the door to those who have paid, I had limited internet access during my stay there but like the comment "sent from my blackberry" that is a lie as I do not have a blackberry and have never claimed that so please stick to facts with proof to back up statements made or I will just have to ignore them and sorry I was not able to get you that one photograph out.

What I find odd is that despite criticisms which seem to originate from some 20 or so members, most who have never dealt with me, seem blind to the 18,000, Yes that’s EIGHTEEN THOUSAND plus POSITIVEs and seem to concentrate on some negatives that kind of shows me something about the person leaving some of the comments here.
Sue, thank you for your kind words and also to the many who have sent me private messages on another web site, your thoughts are very much appreciated.
Okay let me make my policy quite clear... I ask if anyone has an issue to please contact me first before leaving any feedback thus giving me an opportunity to respond, it’s real hard to respond to an issue if you’re not made aware of it.

99.9% of the time I just issue a full refund and often that includes the return shipping back to us here.

How many other companies offer that service on eBay? not many believe me and that goes above and beyond eBay’s return policy but to us it is only fair if someone is not fully satisfied with their purchase.

Shill bidding,, Yawnnnn,, I am sorry,, Just because I am very successful and getting a higher price for a product does not mean I am shill bidding, fist off that is illegal, second, immoral, I have a business to run and it is certainly not in my best interest to participate in such practice and I offer the bidding history to any winning bidder who just asks for it, simple as that.

now if anyone has a genuine issue with a purchase from me, please feel free to contact me, some people think I hide my information so here it is, its so easy to find anyway,, my email address is martynallison@roadrunner.com, my phone # is 859 221 8015 (between 9am to 5pm ) Monday to Friday Eastern, my address for correspondence is Radio Mart, 132 Prater Dr, Georgetown, KY 40324, Like I said I have nothing to hide like some suggest, if you have a problem with ANY purchase from me just drop me a line and it will be address immediately.

My callsign in the USA is KJ4ZGF,,,

Ok next week, I will be using my sister account to list parts as I do not want to mix up parts with my main stream company which will be taking a 2 week break so that hopefully will stop more rumors.

What else? Ok to the person who claims to have been to my house and seen my shack and inventory,, wow,, As I don’t have a shack at my house nor do I keep inventory there,, that’s a whopper,, to the Ham who has said he will come to my house and "sort me out",, the one who states he is 6ft 3 and weighs 335Lbs,, you’re not invited so it will be in your best interest to stay away from me, and to those who have never dealt with me, and only go on hearsay from liars then just do your homework and look at the 18,000 positive feedbacks and think,, can he really be all bad?

Now I have thrown the gauntlet down and asked for any genuine dissatisfied customer to come forward and contact me directly, not on here but directly and let’s see where this really goes.

73s
RADIOMART

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: December 19, 2010, 09:39:30 AM »

I thought I would just respond to this thread as I have 2 weeks off and started a thread to those who genuinly have a problem with any equipment purtchased from my company.

Some comments I have to laugh at, Shill bidding,, report me to eBay,, if you have any evidance of me doing this illegal practise, I have strong feelings over this subject, I have been a very sucessful eBay member for over 10 years and have not bid on my own items, Shil bidding is illegal as well as being immoral, for those who bid, win and doubt me, just ask for a bid history, I have no problem providing that, so that should sort that claim out,, it is so easy to make false allogations,, childish,, very,,,

Multiple repeat listings,, sure when I have several of the same models I will use the same template, I will change the serial number and pictures to the actual rig being offered for sale.

Picture quality,, what ever ebay restricts my upload quality to be?  request the 2Mb pictures from me if you want a detailed picture.

Spare parts, no I will not accept returns back on spares as I have had several people return back to me their faulty board, NOT the working one supplied, which I have put a hidden mark on to prove this.

What else did I read??? cant remember anyway I have started what I hope is a constructive thread for any buyer who has a genuine problem with anything purchased from me so I can address an issue.

I am sure there will still be the same 20 trouble makers who are on my blocked bidders list that will keep on knocking me or my company, that I am used to and ignore, so if there is anyone who has an issue feel free to respond on my link I have just started.

73s
RADIOMART

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: December 19, 2010, 09:43:55 AM »

His definition of "mint" overlaps mine of "fair".

His eBay descriptions sound like your dream come true, the classic rig you always wanted that looks like it just came out of the box for the first time.

What you get is something far less appealing.

Kinda like Internet dating.

SWL 377

So sir, what have you purchased from me?
Please explain.

I find it very funny to see that all 6 or 7 bored old timers have time to try to tarnish my name and in my opinion are an embarransment to the ham Radio community.

After all the comments that have been made over the years why is it that not one person has taken me to court, eBay have not banned me, nor any class action ever taken against me?

Going by the comments seen I would be in prison with the key thrown away had any of the comments been true.

It is sad that these few narrow minded individuals have nothing better to do with their spare time than just incite hate mail and threads.

I have never bothered to answer a single one of these threads until now, nor read them as I have better things to do with my time, nor shall I be checking them in the future.

I have had a friend spend some time putting as many of the liers on my blocked list and I would not want to supply anyone who is not a good model to the Ham Radio comminuty or who has this wonderful hobbies best interest in mind.

Like I asked, if you have a genuine issue and can back up your concerns then feel free to respond on the thread i just set up to address any concers.

Anyway best 73s to you all and a happy new year
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: December 20, 2010, 03:02:52 PM »

hello,

your photos are not being degraded by Ebay, your photos are hosted by Auctiva.

Other power sellers use Auctiva as well as other photo hosting sites and their
photos show all the details necessary to make an informed purchase, without
the need to ask the seller for 'hi res' photos.

You take pride in your Power Seller status and high feedback, however, you
do not take care to post photos with reasonable resolution of the items you are selling.

Again you take pride in your return policy, but with heavy gear the buyer is then
responsible for the return shipping fees.  

regards, james
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 03:06:22 PM by James » Logged
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: December 20, 2010, 03:21:55 PM »

hi Michael,

many of us are owners of a company, but with a lot less shares then
those that started the company or received incentives to hire on etc.

Meg is no longer an insider or large shareholder.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/mh?s=EBAY+Major+Holders

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ir?s=EBAY+Insider+Roster

73 james
RADIOMART

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: December 20, 2010, 06:48:39 PM »

hello,

your photos are not being degraded by Ebay, your photos are hosted by Auctiva.

Other power sellers use Auctiva as well as other photo hosting sites and their
photos show all the details necessary to make an informed purchase, without
the need to ask the seller for 'hi res' photos.

You take pride in your Power Seller status and high feedback, however, you
do not take care to post photos with reasonable resolution of the items you are selling.

Again you take pride in your return policy, but with heavy gear the buyer is then
responsible for the return shipping fees.  

regards, james

Thank you for your comments James, I have noted them.
Each picture I take is Aprox 2Mb per picture, I then put them through a compression programe to make them around 100Kb or slightly less, then I send them to auctavia for hosting.
Now when I have messed around with different resolutions then the pictures become way to large for my listing template which is why I offer a high resolution upon request suggestion and that seems to work well.

okay returns, my policy is quite clear, no returns on spare parts but I have allowed one of my other companies to handle them for now as I don’t have the time to take care of that division right now and the policy with them is simple, all the boards have been tested prior to listing and once sold and shipped they cannot be returned, the reason behind this is obvious, we were seeing back faulty boards that did not originate from us so sadly that is the only way to protect ourselves from that happening in the future.

Returns on major items we will accept back without any hassle and depending on the reason for return we will often send in UPS using our account to collect the item, now that is way above and beyond ANY other company on ebay.

So with that being said, is that the policy of a company that does not care?

But no matter what there will always be the odd one I cannot satisfy no matter what, like for example the guy I refunded in full, told him to keep the product and he left me a negative, or the several non paying bidders that also left a negative,, so you see it is not too fair on the seller now is it.

I asked a question last night, that was after I gave all my contact information including my address etc, and I asked for anyone who had a genuine greivance with me, a customer who had purchased something from me and had an issue to come forward and email me so I can resolve any problems, guess what (and I did this on 2 forums)  not a phone call, email, Nothing, which was exactly as expected...

I am lucky I have been very successful and enjoy the benefits from this success and friends I make along the way but my purpose in responding to this thread is to see if the people who delight in bad mouthing hidden behind their keyboards will come out and explain their comments so I can dispell any notions of my company trading in anything other than a professional and proper manner.

Sorry to go on James hihi
Best 73s
Martyn
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: December 23, 2010, 12:40:24 PM »

An open invitation to Martyn / "radio-mart" To explain why "ts944" (618) has "won" over 50,000 dollars of radio equipment, Motorcycles, Telescopes, etc from you over the last several months!

Please explain why "ts944" has been the SECOND highest bidder on HUNDREDS of your auctions just over the last several months!

Please explain why, just a few weeks ago, you had for auction a TMC GPR-90 receiver that "ts944" "won" and the just a week ago you relisted the SAME radio again...Did ts944 back out of the deal?

Please explain why if ts944 is your BEST COSTUMER ( over 50,000 dollars in the past year ) you NEVER leave him any feedback?
I would imagine if he purchased that much stuff from you he would deserve positive feedback for each and every one?

I am waiting for an answer!
N4TTS

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: December 24, 2010, 11:59:39 AM »

"Curiouser and curiouser" Cried Alice...

An open invitation to Martyn / "radio-mart" To explain why "ts944" (618) has "won" over 50,000 dollars of radio equipment, Motorcycles, Telescopes, etc from you over the last several months!

Please explain why "ts944" has been the SECOND highest bidder on HUNDREDS of your auctions just over the last several months!

Please explain why, just a few weeks ago, you had for auction a TMC GPR-90 receiver that "ts944" "won" and the just a week ago you relisted the SAME radio again...Did ts944 back out of the deal?

Please explain why if ts944 is your BEST COSTUMER ( over 50,000 dollars in the past year ) you NEVER leave him any feedback?
I would imagine if he purchased that much stuff from you he would deserve positive feedback for each and every one?

« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 02:12:58 PM by Don Berry » Logged
AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: December 24, 2010, 04:46:33 PM »

Methinks the lad doth protest too much!

RADIOMART:
Shill bidding,, Yawnnnn,, I am sorry,, Just because I am very successful and getting a higher price for a product does not mean I am shill bidding, fist off that is illegal, second, immoral, Grin

And again....

RADIOMART:
Some comments I have to laugh at, Shill bidding,, report me to eBay,, if you have any evidance of me doing this illegal practise, I have strong feelings over this subject, I have been a very sucessful eBay member for over 10 years and have not bid on my own items, Shil bidding is illegal as well as being immoral,   Grin
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: December 25, 2010, 12:59:54 AM »

another happy satisfied radio-mart customer ...   http://www.vk4adc.com/content/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=43&Itemid=50
KD8HMO

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: December 25, 2010, 12:10:42 PM »

Lets not forget his other shill account, gottahavit1995...
Pages: Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 35 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: