Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 35 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio Mart (EBay)  (Read 234286 times)
N1CX

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: April 14, 2011, 04:44:40 AM »

110% true. They tried to get me to join 20 years ago and I did some research and found this out. I dropped them like a hot potato.

I make it a point NOT to buy from a business now that displays their logo.

It means NOTHING. I means they paid to join a club to be listed as a good business. Good customer service goes alot further than a stupid logo.

"Based on BBB files, this business has a BBB Rating of A+ on a scale from A+ to F.
Factors that raised this business' rating include:
Blah, blah, blah....

Fact is, and no secret, is that the BBB is a "Pay to be rated service". 
You don't pay yearly dues you are either poorly rated or not rated at all.

What a racket!
W0BTU

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: April 14, 2011, 05:34:34 AM »

You do not have to pay to be rated. Here is a link to a business with an A+ rating that is not a BBB member.

http://www.bbb.org/western-washington/business-reviews/garden-centers/bamboo-gardens-of-washington-in-redmond-wa-22069802

I am not saying that the BBB is above reproach. Like all organizations run by humans, there has to be things happening within their main org or various chapters that they would rather not have leak out. (I don't know of any, FWIW).

I can appreciate that someone would be against paying to have the BBB Accredited Business logo on their web site or front door. But I am 100% certain of this one thing: In the type of business that we are in, we would be crazy to stop paying our accreditation dues to the BBB. The majority of our customers don't know each other, and the BBB is one of the few ways they have to check on us. Beyond any shadow of a doubt, that fee we pay the BBB for their blue logo helps us greatly in increased sales.

However, all eyes are now on the Lexington, KY BBB. Let's wait and see what happens.

And I'm not defending Radio Mart. But obviously, no one who claims to have been burned by Martyn has ever contacted the BBB to complain.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 05:39:09 AM by W0BTU » Logged

K1TCJ

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: April 14, 2011, 07:55:22 AM »

Attached below is the response I received from the Lexington BBB.  The bad news is that the comments here and on QRZ are insufficient evidence for them to reconsider their rating, which would seem to confirm our collective suspicions about the significance and value of a BBB rating.  The good news is that as a BBB member Radio Mart is committed to binding arbitration for any unresolved complaints filed with the BBB.  If anyone here has been burned personally, I suggest you file a formal complaint yourself.

Mr. Jonz,           

Thank you for alerting us of the error on our complaint accepting website. We have alerted our IT team and hope to have it resolved very soon. I apologize for any inconvenience on your end for the malfunction.

To elaborate just a little bit regarding the rating of Radio Mart, the BBB rating for all businesses takes into account a variety of factors, including the size of the business and the complaint volume we have received on the business in relation to their size. To date, we have not received any complaints on this company in the last three years- which is our standard reporting period.  BBB is a neutral third party, and we only report on finalized official government actions and reportable complaints that are processed through our BBB, as well as patterns of complaints for consumers to be aware of, etc.. I’m sure you can understand that we cannot take recommendations or denouncements of any business on any unofficial blog or website into account in regards to the businesses grade. We have no way to vouch for the legitimacy of a complaint unless it is processed through our organization. If consumers have issues with Radio Mart they are certainly able to file a complaint through our BBB. In addition, as this business is now accredited, they are pre-committed to mediation or  binding arbitration if any such complaints were filed and not resolved by the company. In addition, any complaints BBB receives are kept on file for 3 years and are monitored to look out for a pattern of complaints that might emerge on a company- so far, as we have not received a single complaint, no pattern exists to date for Radio Mart.

If you have/are a customer of this company, and wish to file a complaint, please feel free to email me back with the details of your specific complaint and your desired resolution for the company. Again I appreciate the alert regarding the error you received on our website, and thank you for your time.

Warmest Regards,

Nicole Kingery
Director of Operations

« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 08:07:16 AM by K1TCJ » Logged
KD8HMO

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: April 14, 2011, 08:54:53 AM »

Although, I know from personal experience that filing a complaint with the BBB is a useless endeavor, I am surprised that nobody has ever filed a complaint with them about Radio-Mart. Same for leaving negative feedback for them on Ebay. I have not seen any posts where someone sued them in small claims court either. I guess everyone just comes here to complain...
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: April 14, 2011, 09:53:03 AM »

You must admit this seems to be a great place to complain. Just a month ago the "hits" to this thread were around 13,000 and now it is over 25,000 ...amazing.

I have a problem with radio-marts wording "We have been awarded" .....? makes it sound like due to his impeccable customer satisfaction they held a banquet and rolled out the red carpet for him...I was not invited though ( due in part to my posts here? ).....I would have dressed up!  Kentucky Fried Chicken was served as the main course I heard.

W0BTU

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: April 14, 2011, 10:58:24 AM »

Although, I know from personal experience that filing a complaint with the BBB is a useless endeavor...

There are other places that get better results, yes. Sometimes, anyway.

Case in point: I almost filed a complaint with the BBB over a new riding lawnmower. But after talking with them, I decided that the local attorney general (local to the lawn mower company's HQ, that is) would get better results. It did, and I got a full refund. :-)

And I didn't even have to hire a lawyer.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 11:02:11 AM by W0BTU » Logged

WB8NUT

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: April 18, 2011, 04:54:57 AM »

Looks like his selling has been moved to a website:

http://www.radio-mart.net/
KD8HMO

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: April 18, 2011, 11:01:22 AM »

I wonder how his sales are doing now that he was removed from Ebay... LOL
N1GNV

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: April 21, 2011, 05:43:50 AM »

You must admit this seems to be a great place to complain. Just a month ago the "hits" to this thread were around 13,000 and now it is over 25,000 ...amazing.

I have a problem with radio-marts wording "We have been awarded" .....? makes it sound like due to his impeccable customer satisfaction they held a banquet and rolled out the red carpet for him...I was not invited though ( due in part to my posts here? ).....I would have dressed up!  Kentucky Fried Chicken was served as the main course I heard.

Kentucky Fraud Chicken would have been more appropriate

73 de John Bee, N1GNV
Quicksilver Radio
http://www.qsradio.com
See us at Dayton Booths 462-463-464-465-469-470-471-472
And at Hamfests throughout the East Coast and Midwest
N1CX

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: April 22, 2011, 03:01:39 AM »

Don't take this the wrong way but who cares....This thread every time it gets bumped gives him free advertising....good or bad it's still free advertising...

Let the guy dig his own grave.

I wonder how his sales are doing now that he was removed from Ebay... LOL
KD8DEY

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: April 22, 2011, 07:45:58 AM »

Don't take this the wrong way but who cares....This thread every time it gets bumped gives him free advertising....good or bad it's still free advertising...

He pretty much did.

Your just reading the testimony of the Paul bearers.
Thanks for signing the guest book
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 08:11:39 AM by KD8DEY » Logged
N1CX

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: April 23, 2011, 03:26:01 AM »

roflmao

He pretty much did.

Your just reading the testimony of the Paul bearers.
Thanks for signing the guest book
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: April 25, 2011, 12:55:26 PM »

How many times can you run over a Dead Possum with a Steam Roller ??
The world may never know  Grin
KD8DEY

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: April 26, 2011, 10:10:06 AM »

How many times can you run over a Dead Possum with a Steam Roller ??
The world may never know  Grin

You could try tuning in on the 80 meter possum net and ask them...
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: April 26, 2011, 12:34:51 PM »

I have to say, this thread is really a testimony to how many people this guy pissed off!
I have been using the internet before they even invented the Web Browsers and yet, I have never seen a company
get a 25 page whacking like this.
If anybody is even contemplated doing business with this guy the share volume of this thread should make them run away.

Pages: Prev 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 35 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: