The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio Mart (EBay)  (Read 364492 times)
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: July 17, 2011, 06:43:21 AM »

Now Martyn is LEAVING bad feedback for the people he bought from.  But...  In the end, what goes around comes around.  Martyn will get his. 

KQ6EA

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: July 17, 2011, 08:07:13 PM »

What used ID is he using to buy things?
I'll add him to my blocked list.
Jim
KB1TXK

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: July 18, 2011, 10:07:04 AM »

Really? Someone taking advantage of ebays terrible feedback system to exact revenge on people? WHO'D A THUNK IT??

KE8DO

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: July 23, 2011, 08:52:31 PM »

I meet him one time in person about 8 years ago, he lives about 75 miles from me.  I won a Heathkit SB-303 receiver from him and picked it up from him in person.  It was listed as having no filters and it had no filters, not even the SSB filter.  He told me that he had over 1000 radios in storage and that selling them was his full time job.  I did see a pattern of his radios being re-listed.

Don

W6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: July 25, 2011, 04:18:21 PM »

A new radio-mart thread ...Can you imagine that?

ttp://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?306175-Radio-Mart-Nailed-Me-Bad!-He-s-Back!-Beware....
KF6VMC

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: July 29, 2011, 06:25:30 PM »

I have had dealings with Radio Mart just a few days ago. Here is the outcome...

In a nutshell.... Here’s what happened… after purchasing 3 large pieces of HF equipment for large sum of money a few friends and many others sent me Emails warning me of possible problems.

I then did a Google search and a bunch of stuff popped up negative about Radio-Mart.  Being human with all the faults that go with it I panicked. I allowed my fear of what might be to overrule logic in this case concerned I might lose a substantial outlay of my hard earned money. Honest just about anyone would think this given the circumstances. The only history I could find was negative. But here's the truth

EVERYTHING arrived Today July 29th in as described condition.  It all works as it’s supposed to, nothing  broken , nothing missing.  In fact some of the items actually exceeded my expectations. So what’s the lesson I just learned the hard way.  Me ( eating crow ) In my case I was totally wrong about this company and its owner and I am not too big to admit it. I WAS WRONG. 

In today’s Cyber driven world it’s super easy for any of us to jump to conclusions. This is America and one is innocent until proven guilty.  In this case I held Radio-Mart guilty until proven innocent.

I posted in a panic what I thought was going to happen based on hear say and the information gathered from the net.  We all know the net has its fair share of problems with what to believe & what not to believe.

When one is in business and does as many deals as Radio-Mart does sooner or later there will be a problem. 
I cannot speak for those who may or may not have had a problem with Radio-Mart in the past only with my experience so far with them has been.  I ( myself ) can find no reason not to do business with this company
or its owner.
                     My Sincere Apologies To Radio-Mart ,  Larry Read  aka KF6VMC
W6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: July 29, 2011, 07:09:42 PM »

Glad you got lucky. Now go buy a lotto ticket, your on a roll..................
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: July 30, 2011, 06:06:18 AM »

I have had dealings with Radio Mart just a few days ago. Here is the outcome...

...When one is in business and does as many deals as Radio-Mart does sooner or later there will be a problem. 
I cannot speak for those who may or may not have had a problem with Radio-Mart in the past only with my experience so far with them has been.  I ( myself ) can find no reason not to do business with this company
or its owner.
                     My Sincere Apologies To Radio-Mart ,  Larry Read  aka KF6VMC

Glad you made out well.  You're the only one in a million who did.  Either that, or RadioMart is finally learning to be honest in his dealings.  Well.....  Miracles can still happen!
V47JA

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: July 30, 2011, 06:33:06 AM »

Even a blind pig finds an acorn now and then.......

John
W6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: July 30, 2011, 04:22:47 PM »

How many times over the last several years has radio-mart / Martyn sold something to a buyer that was not as advertised, DOA, etc...and then when the buyer complained ( especially overseas buyers ) Martyn said "just send it back for a refund / you pay return shipping" ...?? I lost count a long time ago.

Now look at this. A Yaesu amp that Martyn purchased on ebay a week ago that arrived to him DOA. Poor Martyn complained that he had to pay ( 45.00 ) for return shipping!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160610859628

What comes around .....well, you know.....
KA5IPF

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: July 30, 2011, 06:25:59 PM »

Glad you made out well.  You're the only one in a million who did.  Either that, or RadioMart is finally learning to be honest in his dealings.  Well.....  Miracles can still happen! [/quote]

Uh-huh. You know funny thing even after descenting a skunk he still smells like a skunk every so often. Great pets though and hilarious...

Clif
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: July 31, 2011, 06:45:58 AM »

You've got a point. Clif!   Grin
W8JI

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: July 31, 2011, 11:41:10 AM »

In my opinion the real problem with Radio Mart is the seller frequently lies about the condition of the gear and how or where equipment comes from. Sometimes he gets caught doing this, but most times he just gets away with it.

For example he came into possession of a Drake receiver that belonged to a friend of mine (silent key). When RadioMart advertised the receiver on eBay, he claimed he owned it a while and it was from his personal collection. It was not. It was something he just obtained and that he stripped the plug-in filters and other optional things out.

Now it is understandable a person trying to buy and resell gear at a profit has to be a bit of a used-car salesman. SOMETHING has to elevate the value to make it profitable. It has to be a lie about past ownership, exaggeration about present condition, or removal of optional parts that can be resold. It can also be a repair and a reconditioning. Or it could just be that it was bought at an exceptionally low price, in which case it could be honestly resold for a profit. Very obviously many of RadioMart's sales elevated values based on lies or exaggeration, the most common I noticed were thing just obtained being part of his "personal collection", appearance, just how well it actually worked.

eBay feedback is like an eHam review. It is really not dependable for much of anything. I know I never, or very rarely, gave anyone negative feedback on eBay even when I was obviously cheated. This is because the seller could then give me negative feedback, so giving honest feedback was not worth it. I guess I bought and sold over 1000 things but only gave a few hundred feedbacks, because of the inability to say anything less than perfect without some retaliatory feedback from a seller or buyer. When I could not say anything 100% positive, I almost always chose to say nothing at all.

I think eBay recently changed how buyers can post feedback, so the seller cannot retaliate. This will make it a little more difficult to exaggerate without getting negative feedback scores.

When I buy on eBay I consider anything less than 100% worth looking into carefully. I set 99% as a trigger point where the fellow could potentially be a repetitious liar or cheat. :-)

73 Tom
W4OP

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: July 31, 2011, 07:18:29 PM »

You're spot on Tom.
Several years back I sold a Mosley CM-1 on eBay.  RadioMart bought it - I think under the gottahavit ID as I was not aware it was RadioMart at the time.
When it was relisted- it was from his personal collection and had some other provenance added to it.

Dale W4OP
N9GGG

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: August 08, 2011, 08:02:00 AM »

Be extra carefull of any radio on ebay if you look around find it from a true ham you can find call sign and even ask to have that person call you in person ...I had bad deals on ebay also some good but I like doing business with a ham who knows what he selling.
Pages: Prev 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: