The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio Mart (EBay)  (Read 364000 times)
DIPOLE

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: August 08, 2011, 04:49:31 PM »

I've purchased a few things from him in the past, as well as from many others.  My opinion of is that Martin is slightly over optimistic regarding the physical condition of his items.  Obviously whether some items functions correctly is an objective thing.  But the physical condition (i.e. is it "near mint" or really more like an "8") is much more subjective.  It's in this subjective area that I think he overrates.  Lower his description of the physical condition by about 2 notches and you should be ok.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: August 09, 2011, 03:53:58 AM »

Don't buy from him, and you'll be even more "okay."  The guy isn't a businessman, he's a hustler.
K7JQ

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: August 16, 2011, 08:33:02 PM »

Let's face it....anyone that buys older, used merchandise, sight unseen from someone they never met is just plain rolling the dice. I always get a kick when I read ads that say... "Brand new, in the box...just took it out to test it and put it right back in the box". Yeah, right! Would you buy a radio for $3,500, not use it, and turn right around and sell it for $400 less? In my 52 years of hamming, I've purchased two used major items...a TS-940SAT and a TL-922, both from LOCAL hams that I visited their shack and tested them out. Otherwise, everything else was purchased new from reputable dealers. I'll pay the extra hundreds to get a warranty and avoid unnecessary aggravation.

My only dealing with Martyn at Radio Mart was the purchase of NEW Heil headphones. Best price around, free and prompt shipping...easy transaction.

Bob, K7JQ 
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: August 20, 2011, 10:43:46 AM »

K7JQ

I sort of agree but I did buy a Yaesu FT-7900R and took it out of the box, was so disappointed with the unit that one hour later it was back in the box.
Doesn't happen often but every once in a while you get an item that is so far from what you thought it was that you lose interest right away.

“A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.”  (Mark Twain)
AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: August 20, 2011, 01:25:00 PM »

Let's face it....anyone that buys older, used merchandise, sight unseen from someone they never met
is just plain rolling the dice. Bob, K7JQ 

Thank you, Bob!
Buying gear from strangers sight unseen IS a crapshoot, and as any professional gambler
will tell you, craps is a sucker's game.

You stated what SHOULD BE such a patently obvious concept, that it really irks
me when people do a deal with a stranger without exchanging photos, without
checking the backround of the seller AND asking for referrals, without talking to the seller,
then become righteously indignant and cry "rip off" when the gear arrives not to their satisfaction.

And I don't buy the argument that "Well, some folks don't have any
other options to buy used gear other than online". Even in a rural area, if you're
persistent, you can find face to face deals by getting the word out you
are looking. Or pay the piper (A dealer) a few extra bucks for that advertised
used gear, some of which (like from HRO) comes with a 30 days warranty.
73, Ken AD6KA
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: August 22, 2011, 04:57:03 PM »

I Got a PM on QRZ from Marty at Radio Mart asking me why I am saying bad things about him on Eham and do I have any proof that he has done anything wrong  Roll Eyes  LOL this guy cracks me up, he does what he does and after years of getting away with it he is pissed off that his reputation is catching up with him.   I can't believe that I am the person 8 pages ago who was saying maybe people should give the whole Radio Mart thing a Rest  Embarrassed

“A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.”  (Mark Twain)
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: August 22, 2011, 07:57:03 PM »

hi

marty would be here adding his comments but
he still can't figure out why his photos on ebay
are all fuzzy because he uploaded supersized
photos to Auctiva and they truncated them.

'From my personal collection'

73 james
W6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: August 22, 2011, 08:00:34 PM »

Funny, I got one too ! I never noticed it as I never check my "messages" here on Eham, This was sent to me in February :

Personal Message (Offline)

(No subject)
« Sent to: darrell huth on: February 24, 2011, 07:44:30 AM »
   Reply with quoteQuote ReplyReply Remove this messageRemove
Wow
Now where is the truth behind this shill bidding crap
Where is the proof??
This i have to see.
You and I both know if some one shill bids not only are they breaking the law but eBay rules.
Now you give me proof behind your accusations!

As I have said so many times before, All anyone would have to do is study radio-marts ebay feedback over the last few years and see the "relationship" with "ts944" ( who incidentally is STILL buying / selling on Ebay ) and come to their own conclusion as to what Martyn was doing.

There is no doubt in my mind why Radio-Mart / ilove2cell is not selling on ebay any more.

W7PP

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: August 30, 2011, 01:15:44 PM »

It's funny how a simple question about someone has provided so much info on the crap this guy has pulled over the years. Now I see him at his old tricks on QTH.com. I would hope that many folks have read these pages and take heed in using him for any radio buys. Your welcome Martyn and wife!
W0BTU

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: September 09, 2011, 07:09:39 PM »

After what just happened here, I'll never believe another story claiming he's a crook:
http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?312041-Radio-Mart-Martyn-Allison-Scammer

W6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: September 09, 2011, 09:51:37 PM »

WOW ! This one takes the cake.........
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: September 16, 2011, 03:18:47 PM »

After what just happened here, I'll never believe another story claiming he's a crook:
http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?312041-Radio-Mart-Martyn-Allison-Scammer

I am not even completely sure what your talking about, the post was removed from QRZ and the guy who posted it does not even seem to be a member of the forum anymore. Luckily I was able to find some of the orginal post and he seems to have an Incredible story that sounds crazy and fishy from the get go, but I have no idea how this all ended or why the post was removed, so I am leaving this blip off my Radar, it goes way beyond anything I have previously read about Mr. M.

KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: September 16, 2011, 06:23:54 PM »

Hi,

if you put that link in Google it will return and you
can click on the cached version 9-8-11 22:00

73 james
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: September 17, 2011, 09:34:23 AM »

Hi,

if you put that link in Google it will return and you
can click on the cached version 9-8-11 22:00

73 james

Thanks, that's what I did before but as you can see the Posts don't indicate what happened and why it might have been removed from QRZ.  Most puzzling is W0BTU statement, I don't see any evidence in the post to go one way or the other, but it does seem like a far fetched story

KJ4JSN

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: October 02, 2011, 09:05:20 PM »

Martyn,

It is very interesting how you can post paragraph after paragraph of drivel, but will not answer a few very concise questions posted by WB6VHK, they are:

Please explain to everyone why "ts944" "won" over 50,000 worth of items from you in the last year. ( not just your radios but your Husquavarna motorcycle for 4500.00 dollars, etc.....

Please explain why "ts944" was the SECOND HIGHEST bidder on hundreds of your other auctions.

Please explain why ( just a few weeks ago ) "ts944" "won" your Tektronics spectrum analyzer on ebay and then you listed the same one a week later on your other account "ilove2cell" and now it is for sale again on your new website.

Martyn, PLEASE, JUST ANSWER HIS QUESTIONS!!

Cheers,

John

"It is very interesting how you can post paragraph after paragraph of drivel,"  see same insults,,
What part of my email did you not understand?
"Why not ask ( I was going to put his full name here but he asked me not to) why he also spends a similar ammount each year, sometimes on ebay and somtimes off ebay?
I have many good customers who buy large ammounts from me on a regular basis, I do not watch who bids and never even looked at who won until I am printing an invoice, that is the first time I see who wins an item.
I also have 2 good customers who have over $20k sat here in my bank for future purchaces.
It is a shame you have your facts all wrong,, for example the reply from ebay letter you sent to me,, thats a normal response,, auto generated,, I have received the same letter several times when I have reported people for actual vilotations and not reporting what you only think and cannot prove.
I am not going to respond to anything outer than factual complaints here, I do not have time I feel like wasting.
I find it annoying when some one defends my company only to be accused of being connected to me or at worse being accused of me posting here just to make me look good.
With over 18,000 positive feedbacks on one account alone I dont need proof I am a geed retailer.
73s
"Please explain why "ts944" was the SECOND HIGHEST bidder on hundreds of your other auctions"  I dont know what he bids on,, you ask him,, but I have asked for him to contribute here and he declined and to be honest I cant blame him.

I am getting annoyed being asked to Justify anything to any of you and all most have done is tell lies and spread gossip but this is the last one before I leave this site "Please explain why ( just a few weeks ago ) "ts944" "won" your Tektronics spectrum analyzer on ebay and then you listed the same one a week later on your other account "ilove2cell" and now it is for sale again on your new website. " I have 4 of the spectrum analysers, I have the last 2 listed on line right now, it should not matter to any of you which of my companies I decide to sell the item through, I did check and TS944 did buy one and to the best of my knowlege is happy with it?
Now do NOT expect me to respond further as I am NOT retired and dont have the time.
73s
Martyn,
 Please explain to me why you tried to cheat me out of money for the Collins gear I sold you. I described them in the auction and had many pictures and even sent you more. You agreed to pay $3000 + shipping and did but when you received them you said it was all junk and all of it had been damaged in transit. and wanted $1500 back.  But when I told you to pack it all up and ship it back at your expense and I would give you a refund less shipping I never heard from you again. You are just one sad piece of humanity and excrement to be blunt and to the point. 
Pages: Prev 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: