The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio Mart (EBay)  (Read 364246 times)
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: January 24, 2012, 08:41:07 AM »

Aside from beating a dead horse, other idioms come to mind with Martyn:

Where there's smoke, there's fire.
A tiger doesn't change his stripes.
Little thieves are hanged, but great ones escape.

KK4GER

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: January 25, 2012, 01:25:30 PM »

I have had five dealings with Martyn over the past 5 years, 4 purchases and one selling to him.  I have had zero problems.  He was up front honest and took care of anything that came up, which one did with my first dealings 5 years ago and he quickly rectified it.   Matter of fact, I have something in the works now with him and I'm sure based on my history with him, it will be fine.

I'm not sure how or why some people are having issues and I'm not going to pass judgment.  All I will say is he has been an honest person with me.  That's why I go back to him.  I think people just need to stop all the bickering and move on.  Stop beating a dead horse.

I, likewise have dealt with Radio-Mart and am completely satisfied and will do business there again.
Gerry, KK4GER
DXTUNER

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: January 27, 2012, 04:37:17 PM »

Buying from Radio-Mart is ok if you don’t mind playing the after-sale games. E.g.,

Long distance phone call: “Got the radio today Martyn. Er, but you didn’t include the power adapter. The adapter is in your ad.”

Martyn: “Oh gee, silly me. I am so sorry. Tell you what, I should have a spare power adapter kicking around here somewhere. I’ll find one & send it to you right away.”

Its little things just like that he does — over and over. It’s also why some people, who can’t recognize the game, will glow, “Martyn takes care of problems right away! Wow, what a great guy. I'd buy from him again.” THAT's the game. Now do you get it?

My take is that he ought to make a sale right the first time. And he could! Some of us don’t have time to play his weird little sadistic nickel & dime games.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 04:48:26 PM by DXTUNER » Logged
W6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: January 27, 2012, 06:59:35 PM »

Buying from Radio-Mart is ok if you don’t mind playing the after-sale games. ?

Maybe you will do ok and maybe you won't...I will never buy anything from him so I won't have to worry.

My opinion is that radio-mart is dishonest to the bone. Several months ago when ( by his own admission ) several people reported him for shill bidding his own ebay auctions up with "ts944",  all of his ( and his "sister company" ilove2cell" ) auctions vanished IN MID LISTING. ( read this whole thread to see the details )

First Martyn said he was "taking time off due to his racing career" and then the story changed to "I quit ebay due to high fee's and mistreatment of my beloved customers"

He claims he still retains his "power seller" status ...really ? To be a power seller you need to SELL things on ebay...He has not sold a thing since last February...Why ?

Martyn swears he was not suspended or expelled. I don't believe it, sorry.

Martyn / radio-mart has ( in my opinion ) the worst reputation of any amateur radio seller I have ever seen. All anyone needs to do is google "radio-mart ebay" and if you want to read it all you had better pack your lunch .....and dinner.

He is constantly mouthing off about his "18,000" satisfied customers and the "miserable minority" of malcontents that complain about him. If you do google radio-mart and spend any time at all reading about him you will see that these "complainers" are hams from all over the world, over the course of several years, that don't even know each other.....all complaining about the same thing. His infamous reputation seems to be well earned.

I am still waiting for Martyn's answer about "ts944"     

KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: January 27, 2012, 07:13:55 PM »

Attention sellers, watch out he is back making purchases big time on Ebay!

http://myworld.ebay.com/radio-mart

Be sure to block radio-mart from all your ebay auctions.

Avoid the problems that other sellers (and buyers) have experienced.

73 james
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: January 27, 2012, 08:06:52 PM »

This may come as a shock to some of you because I have been part of this thread venting my anger at some of the practices of the former eBay seller Radio-Mart but I think it's time to say

Enough is Enough!

Martyn may have done a lot of things in the past and I think this thread has done a service to the Ham community in letting them know about these events but it's now 2012 and I think it's safe to say he has not done anything wrong in 2011 or it would have shown up in this thread, so why push this any further? He has most likely changed his ways or events have forced him to change, so IMO it makes no sense to keep beating him over the head with this thread.  It's not wise to push any man into a situation were there is no redemption and it's not very Christian like to chastise a man forever!

If Martin goes back to his old ways I am sure a new thread will start but for now I think we should all just give it a rest and let Martyn try to rebuild his company in what we all hope is the right way.

And no he did not contact me, I was just surprised to see this thread still at the top of the heap.

Just my 2 cents on this.
Thanks for reading.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 08:09:42 PM by KD8MJR » Logged

“A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.”  (Mark Twain)
W6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: January 27, 2012, 08:58:28 PM »

KD8MJR :

You said: Martyn may have done a lot of things in the past and I think this thread has done a service to the Ham community in letting them know about these events but it's now 2012 and I think it's safe to say he has not done anything wrong in 2011 or it would have shown up in this thread, so why push this any further? He has most likely changed his ways or events have forced him to change, so IMO it makes no sense to keep beating him over the head with this thread. 

I disagree.

Just a few months ago Martyn purchased a Yaesu transceiver from a friend Mike in New Mexico. When Mike sent it to radio-mart he claims it had several filters in it. When Martyn received it he claimed it did not work right and and wanted a "partial refund" ...Mike said NO. Martyn then ( so Mike claims ) sent the radio back missing all of the optional filters.....There are two sides to every story, guess who I believe ? If you look through the last several pages of radio-mart's "feedback left for others" you will notice he has left NASTY feedback for a dozen or so people.... People who it seems NEVER had a problem on ebay UNTIL they met Martyn.  In my opinion Martyn has not changed one bit.

W4HLN

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: January 31, 2012, 06:01:46 PM »

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=AllFeedback&userid=radio-mart&iid=-1&de=off&items=25&interval=365&which=neutral&_trkparms=Neutral_1

What were you saying about 2011?
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: February 02, 2012, 01:36:03 PM »

Well I resisted giving this thread another bump because I know that's what people are hoping for.

WB6VHK I think your friend Mike should make his own thread and present his own facts because the story as told sounds pretty weak with all the "Mike claims" statements. Let mike tell us what happened and then let Martyn present his side in a separate thread.

W4HLN
Out of 275 transactions in a year on ebay to only have one Microphone refund squabble and a warped radio bottom issue is not anything to be concerned about. I doubt most people can do 100 transactions on eBay without getting a negative review by at least one person.

Anyway guys whatever floats your boat, if you want to spend every day of the week watching Martyn and bashing him that's up to you, I have said what I felt was the right thing to do and that's all I can do.

“A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.”  (Mark Twain)
W6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: February 02, 2012, 02:22:10 PM »

KD8MJR :

You said:  W4HLN
Out of 275 transactions in a year on ebay to only have one Microphone refund squabble and a warped radio bottom issue is not anything to be concerned about. I doubt most people can do 100 transactions on eBay without getting a negative review by at least one person.

Once again, sorry but I have to disagree. In the last year "radio-mart" has been on ebay as a BUYER ONLY.
I just looked at his feedback and in the last year he has had 274 transactions. Within those 274 transactions he has left NASTY negative feedback for people 14 times!  out of those 14 sellers it looks as if 13 NEVER had a problem on ebay until they sold something to "radio-mart". Please don't take my word for it, check for yourself.

DXTUNER

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: March 04, 2012, 09:37:24 AM »

Looking at his negative feedack on Ebay (the list is longer than the Dead Sea Scrolls) what's alarming isn't the customer remarks, it's Radio-Mart's response to them. Its always the customer's fault. That's exactly what he pulled on me. Seriously, take the time to look at his responses to negative feedack. It says everything about him.

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=radio-mart&Dirn=Received+by&Many=ON&ref=home
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: March 06, 2012, 07:16:12 PM »

hi,

KD8MJR, Radio-Mart high feedbacks are not all they seem to be.

Buyer accounts that he used to purchase other goods from
ebay sellers appear to be buyers on his own site to inflate feedbacks.

The best thing we can do if we sell on ebay is to block him
and cut off his supply of gear to hawk on his own personal webstore.

73 james
AH6RR

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: March 06, 2012, 08:40:55 PM »

Once a "Rip Off' always a "Rip Off" Also think about all the radios he bought by having the seller end the item early and pulled his "This radio is a pile of Junk I want a partial refund" that does not go on his feedback he did that to me and I told him to pack up all the radios and pay for the return shipping and I would give him a refund of the gear only not the shipping that was $565 one way never herd a peep out of him again. And if I was on the Mainland I would have gone and slapped him silly for trying to rip me off.
 So KD8MJR since you like to kiss his a$$ so much go marry him he needs a new bi#@h anyway since his wife/boyfriend left him for a real man.
W6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: March 08, 2012, 07:37:15 AM »

See this new thread.

http://chat.qth.com/viewtopic.php?t=11024
KD8DEY

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: March 08, 2012, 11:46:12 AM »

I've heard of "Cross-Pollination" but gee whiz.........
Pages: Prev 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: