Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 35 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio Mart (EBay)  (Read 217518 times)
WX2C

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: December 21, 2008, 03:34:55 PM »

For those of you who haven't  added two and two  yet  KPAX2  in none other than Smartin Martyn AlliSIN.  Just another one of his many screen names
DXTUNER

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: December 22, 2008, 07:13:13 PM »

Feedback from buyer: Unit doesn't work. Is rusted all over, not like the pictures.

Reply by Radio-Mart: Then why didn't YOU do the right thing? You should've contacted me. UR blocked.

(Hundreds of feedback on Radio-Mart's Ebay profile, just like this.)

I buy a lot of radios on Ebay, but I've never even come close to buying anything from Radio-Mart. Reading HIS feedback TO the feedbacks, just like above, tells me all I need to know -- he sells bad items & then blames the buyer!!! Ebay's feedback system is the buyer's best friend. If the person is willing to pore-over & read these things.

VE6WCA

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: December 27, 2008, 09:03:30 AM »

I'm the next one to get burned !

I bought a Dentron MT-3000A antenna tuner and his eBay description was perfect. Apparently, this was his own tuner and he hated to sell it.
When I received it however, it was all scratched up, knobs were missing and the meter is stuck in the middle. Inside I can hear parts rattling.

For some reason, he is scared of PayPal, because when I filed a claim with PayPal I had a refund within the hour and he scolded me for contacting PayPal without giving him a chance "to make good" first.

This is one seller to avoid.
Rene - VE6WCA

W3BJ

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: December 28, 2008, 02:40:08 PM »

I did the same thing. I bought a TS-940s that wasnt what he described. I contacted him and he told me to send it back (at my expense) for full refund, or he would send me another 940 in its place. Two things: How many TS940s does he have laying around> He had 2 other ones on auction at the same time. And why do I have to pay both shipping charges back and forth? A 940 weighs 75 lbs with no boxing or packing material. Does he own stock in Fedex? When I called Credit card company he flipped out. I fixed the radio myself. It was missing the manual and power cord
IZ0FMA

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: December 29, 2008, 08:58:35 AM »

I am another victim of this guy. My wife did buy an IC 765 for myself. The rig has been sold complete of filters, mic, service and owner manual and internal power supply 110/220 V. In good condition.

We have received a piece of hardware with rust all over (is it the 765 submersible ?) , no manuals, no cord, no mic and with only 110V internal power supply (as should be...). I've asked himself how he does consider something in bad condition (bacause for him an item with rust all over is in "good condition").

I did claim with Ebay, PayPal and Credit Card company. Plus i did present a complaint to the special group of the Italian's Police against the fraud over internet.

They have told me, with all the materials around, he will be soon out of the business.

I did rebuke myself for not having suggested my wife to "google" about Radio Mart before the purchasing.

73s all and HNY 2009

KPAX2

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: December 31, 2008, 01:34:56 AM »

OOOH Darn, You went and told everybody and blew my cover Ray...You promised me you wouldn't tell.!!!!

Now what am I gonna do for a living??......DRAT....What a Big Mouth Religious Fanatic.

It must have been the cleansing part, or the Anointing huh? I sure hope you aren't holier than thou. IDIOT.
W2NER

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: December 31, 2008, 03:54:54 AM »

Don't be so paranoid... I had some dealing with Radio Mart and I have to say I was lucky, I got what I was promised.  I have however a friend who about month or so ago got screwed on an FT-901DM.  He listed it on ebay and Radio Mart purchased it.  After receiving it he emailed my friend and told him it was crushed in shipping and wanted his money back.  To make a long story short, when he got the 901 back, it had been taken apart, screws in a plastic baggie and it now blows the fuse when you power it up.  Not sure when in gods name happen but, it sure smells fishy to me...
AA7LV

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2009, 06:00:34 PM »

MR MARTIN ALLISON (RADIO-MART) IS AT IT AGAIN!
SELLING A DRAKE TR-7A ON eBAY....SERIAL#5153

DRAKE TR-7A SERIAL NUMBERS BEGIN IN THE MID 10,000'S!

IT SAYS TR-7A ON THE FRONT PANEL AND IS STAMPED SERIAL NUMBER 5153 ON THE BACK PANEL.

CAVIOT EMPTOR...(LET THE BUYER BEWARE!)

"I SPENT all my money on radios and antennas; the rest I just WASTED!"
WB7TXG

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: January 19, 2009, 09:05:40 AM »

If you copy the picture of this supposed TR7A to a graphic program and then enlarge it you can clearly see it IS NOT what the seller says it is... It is not a TR7A..

So whats wrong with the ADD and RADIO?
1. The serial number is that of an EARLY Model TR7.
2. ALL TR7A's came with all the filters and the NB
3. There is an unused RCA jack on the back panel that
   should read (TX) if it was a real TR7A

I have two TR7s in my shack that are much better cosmetically and I would not rate them "MINT"!

I have inquired directly to the ebay seller regarding this TR7A hs is selling with specific questions about the "MINT" status and authenticity of the radio he is trying to sell.

I hope no one gets ripped off cause this radio he is selling is not the real thing!
AA7LV

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: January 19, 2009, 11:39:12 AM »

LOOKS LIKE FRAUD TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WB7TXG

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: January 19, 2009, 03:07:11 PM »

Response I received from the fellow selling this TR7A is:
It was sold to me as a TR7A and "appears to have" the internal parts that a TR7A should have.

I am not bashing anyone here.. I am simply stating that what is being sold as a TR7A (that would command a higher price than a TR7) is in fact NOT A TR7A and hope that someone reads this post before getting a possible bad deal.

What "appears" to have ocurred is:
1. The front face plate was changed to that of a TR7A
2. MAYBE all the filters are installed
3. MABYE it has the noise blanker installed

This still does not make it a TR7A as the serial number should start somewhere in the 10,000 range and that means also that this older TR7 has the old style RF deck in it.. Not that this is bad.. Rather, the later models had several improvements over the older ones..

Buyer beware on this one!
AA7LV

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: January 19, 2009, 04:12:53 PM »

I SENT AN EMAIL TO MR. ALLISON ASKING HOW IT COULD BE A TR-7A WITH A SERIAL NUMBER OF 5153?

HE SAID HE "WASN'T A DRAKE EXPERT"

AND HE WOULD MAKE "ENQUIRIES".

AD STILL UP ON EBAY AS A TR-7A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KPAX2

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: January 21, 2009, 05:33:18 AM »

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=radio-mart&Dirn=Received+by

HE'S AN EBAY POWER SELLER!!!

MAKING TONS OF MONEY..................

THATS THE WAY EBAY LOOKS AT IT. 73
W3BJ

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: February 21, 2009, 10:27:19 AM »

Ebay blocked me from giving negative feedback on this guy. He wanted ME to pay for shipping  940 back to him and ME to pay for shipping me another radio. When I refused he hit the roof. I should have filed a claim with credit card company and stopped payment. TS 940 he advertised as his personal radio and never seen one this good. Right!! Never again and I will tell anybody that wants to know all about this guy. Tried to email him and he blocked that. Just right. I didnt want any dealings with him anyway. Ham radio world....stay away from Radio-Mart, in Kentucky.
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: March 02, 2009, 02:20:44 PM »

Another 'mint' radio can be sold as NEW

Notice the callsign marked on the top rear cover,

ONLY TO BE COVERED UP in the last photo
by the operations manuals.

MINT indeed.

73 james
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 35 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: