Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 35 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio Mart (EBay)  (Read 213769 times)
W8ZNX

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2008, 01:05:00 AM »

few years ago
before i knew who this person was
i sold him a KWM-2

this xceiver was in very poor shape
2 extra holes drilled in it, wiring harness cut in 3 places
hack saw cuts on the chassis
strange mods
extra tube socket mounted underneath
no drive, bum agc,
in other words it was a basket case job

sold it to him for about 275 bucks
i was amazed to find it relisted 2 weeks later
as a near mint good runnning radio

with photos that did not show the
hacked up rear, or the cut wiring harness

was sold to some poor sucker
for about 650 bucks

mac dit dit

KB3GGC

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2008, 07:44:40 AM »

Radio-Mart DOES NOT TEST everything he sells. He would not only not have the time, but I know that he does not.  I sold him an FRG-7 receiver under gottahaveit1995 that he listed as a "trade" when then listing and selling under Radio-Mart.  I had the cord wound on the spools a certain way on the back of the cabinet that would have surely been rewound differently if tested as advertised in his listing, but his picture reflected things EXACTLY as when it left my hands.  Caveat Emptor my friends!
K1ACK

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2008, 06:42:02 PM »

You mean like buying under the name "gottahaveit1995" a FT-1000MP (item# 320203057055)
with the words "first owner dropped", "dent on side"(with pic), "used for shelf, sctratches"
and then selling the same radio under "radio-mart" (item#  270204841719) using the words "Fully Tested and working exactly to Yaesu Specs, this is a wonderful oppertunity to get your self on the air with this unmarked, like new in the Box, top end rig."
If you search what bidder "gottahaveit1995" bids on, you can get the REAL description of what "radio-mart" is selling.  He purposely buys crappy rigs because he gets them cheap, then sells them as "excellent", "mint", or "perfect".
This guy makes used car dealers look like the pope!
Avoid him like the plague!
It is also PAINFULLY obvious that he bids on his own stuff, as you see the SAME unique items listed repeatedly.  Ebay can see if these bids come from the same IP as his, but good luck with getting anything done about him.
If you are selling and dont want him bidding on your stuff (especially non-perfect items!) that would be resold to some poor unsuspecting ham, go here and enter "gottahaveit1995"
http://cgi1.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?bidderblocklogin
of course he probably has dozens of ID's, but he does seem to use this for lots of his buying.
K1ACK
K1ACK

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2008, 07:22:29 PM »

You gotta wonder if he had a few pops and his shill bidder identities got out control and started bidding against each other.  Either that or he has a talent for attracting complete idiots...
(Item 270206813946 Kenwood TS-711A $1575.00)
http://tinyurl.com/2nkt6r
W8JI

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2008, 03:34:41 AM »

He also does not pay tax to the state he lives in, and I'll bet he does not pay tax to the IRS either.

I found out a lot about him when he resold a hacked up R4C that was sold for parts as a "new radio one owner mint".

The guy is a real crook, no doubt about it. Maybe someday the state and federal tax guys will get a tip about what he is doing with his corporations.

73 Tom
VR2XMT

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2008, 05:41:43 AM »

Dear all,

My experience with this ebay con

http://www.vr2xmt.com/ebayconradiomart.html

Don't fall into his trap and stay away from him.

K1ACK

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2008, 09:13:58 PM »

He is now bidding on stuff with the Radio-Mart name, I guess to bolster his lowsy feedback rating.  Amazing the difference in descriptions from the people he buys from (honest), and then when he resells it (not so honest).
So if you are blocking his bidding, add the Radio-Mart name.
VE4AMN

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2008, 06:01:05 AM »

I see that he has two radios (TS-2000) with exactly the same pictures.  
N3ZRX

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2008, 05:16:12 AM »

Hello
 I'm reading this with complete disbelief . I know he is a crook but good god this asshole Radio-Mart has no morals at all...
How did you make out with returning that tube..
Ted n3zrx
KC2OCC

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2008, 06:30:23 AM »

I was lucky, received a brand new bird 43 case and found it old, dirty and torn I sent it back and was given a full refund. I will never buy from him again.Beware of radio mart!!!!!!!
SQUIRREL1HERMAN

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2008, 12:11:44 PM »

Hi
I am another person who Radio-Mart has lied to.I won a bid on a Kenwood MC-50 Microphone.

By the way I paid $110.00 for it.If you look back at the manufacturers suggested price it was $100.00 in the 80's.I was willing to over pay as I was trying to complete my Kenwood collection.

I filed a complaint with E-Bay and they said as I did not want to phone him they are washing there hands of the situation.E-Bay said I have 45 days to go through Pay-Pal and claim on the sale.I know if I phoned him I would loose it so why bother.It is not worth it.

I asked E-bay to act on my behalf as I feel it is their resposibility to take care of there customers.My request was:Original price refunded.Shipping refunded both ways and any duty or taxes I had to pay bringing it into Canada.I feel this is only fare as Radio Mart lied to me and created this situation.E-bay did not respond to my request.I guess it went way over there head.
I have decided not put in a claim  with Pay-Pal for a refund as I am sure I will get XXXXX there two.

I also will not reverse my bad review as he did it and must pay for it.

Here is the situation as it happened:His statement on Ebay was that the mic. is in MINT condition. ,Mic.arrived and was packed very well,what he sent me was not what was in the picture on E-bay,The mic.was a much lighter color than the picture,the mic.is badly scratched just above the mic. switch.Looks like someone had it in the wrong kind of holder at one time ,Radio Marts picture showed that side of the mic clean.The chrome head is badly scratched,he said the keys were not discolored as usual but very white-no they are very discolored,I was waiting for my Radio to come so I could test it and when it did I pluged in the mic. and nothing worked.The cord to the radio was o.k. but the little cord from the body of the mic.to the head was interesting.When I open the din plug.One end had two wires off at the four pin side and the five pin side had one wire off.So how is it that he tested it as he said it is in good working order.HMMMM Another lie ah.
I wrote him an e-mail telling him all this two days after the mic.arrived which was May 13,2008 and he has never responded to this date of June 02,2008.
Also,I trusted him that he was not going to xxxx me on the shipping charges.Wrong as I paid him $27.10 and the U.S.P.S.bill said $19.90.Another $7.20 in his pocket.
Next:he sent me a schematic of the mic.Ya sure .What he sent me was for a Kenwood MC-60A.A very different mic. for sure .The 50 is not amplified and the 60A is.The wiring is very very differnet.
So all this and I have a bad microphone for one and for another I gave him a bad feedback and now my rating is only 50%.E-bay won't remove it even though they change their rules on May 19,2008 so sellers can't do so.Advise :do not give feedback first.Let the seller do so first and you will be o.k as he will not be able to bad mouth you and you loose rating point.
Yes I got badly XXXX by him and now I look like the bad guy.Live and Learn never to deal with Radio Mart.

73's

TOM
KPAX2

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2008, 06:26:54 AM »

Martyn Alyson, AKA Radio-Mart, is a British national living in Kentucky.

He was kicked off eBay once about 2 or 3 years ago for
dishonest business practices and had to add the "lawyer jargon" to all his auctions in order to return.

Anyone wanting to find out more about Radio-Mart and also his eBay buying ID gottahaveit1995, go to the Collins Collectors website.

He's as shady a character as a buyer as he is a seller so beware of selling to gottahaveit1995.

The Guys running a SCAM!!! 2 separate EBAY Accounts.

More to come!!
KPAX2

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2008, 06:43:56 AM »

G4AGV - Martyn Alison not licensed?

(QRZ)

G4AGV      UK   Lookups: 1806
Martin - NOT A VALID CALLSIGN - Alison
205 Salem Road
Sadieville, Kentucky
USA

WATCH OUT!!! He's the DEVIL Boys!
GW4PJQ

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2008, 04:17:32 PM »

Oh yes! This guy used to trade as Multicom 2000 in the UK. I quite liked him and felt sorry for him being so disliked, so I recommended him to various people, BIG MISTAKE! In the end no supplier would touch him.

Well now he has burned me. I purchased a KWM2A "Best ever offered blah blah, collectors condition". Everything he sells always is isn't it? When it arrived the load capacitor was seized and its drive cord snapped, all the valve holders and switch contacts were badly tarnished, the knobs are disgusting and - well the list is endless.

By way of restitution he agreed to send me a "mint" of course! PSU in a cabinet with speaker. When it arrived it was - well - a mess. When I connected it to 120v it wend BBAANNGG!!!!! One of the smoothing chokes is short to chassis. Waste of time. How can anything be mint if it doesn't even b%**$y work?!

Now we are protected against retaliatory feedback I left Neg feedback.

IGNORE HIS ADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    
W4LTD

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2008, 08:09:33 AM »

How can this be?  No Complaints in the past 3-years?

From the Better Business Bureau's website:

Customer Experience

The Bureau has processed no customer complaints on this company in its three-year reporting period.

Complaints allege the product received was not as represented, Specifically, products did not have the advertised capabilities and were received in damaged condition.
Business Contact and Profile
Name:

Radio Mart Inc
Phone:

(859) 221-8015
Address:

205 Salem Road, Sadieville, KY 40370
      Google map  Mapquest map  Yahoo map
Business Category:

Internet Shopping Services, Video Equip-Service/Repair/Supplies
BBB file opened:

January 20, 2004