Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 35 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio Mart (EBay)  (Read 241986 times)
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: January 28, 2011, 03:25:27 PM »

I know they changed the policy about a year ago but my dealing with him was before that.
And the "Moron" that came up with that system should be rewarded.  Before the changes It was common place for sellers to Blackmail Buyers.  Imagine going into Walmart and being told if you try to return that defective toaster we will destroy your credit rating.

I do not know how long it has been since KD8MJR has been on EBay, but it has been a long time since a seller has had the ability to leave negative feedback for a buyer. A seller can only leave positive feedback for a buyer. A buyer can leave negative, neutral or positive for a seller. Some moron at EBay came up with this system. I do not leave feedback as a seller or a buyer, as it is meaningless. As for RadioMart. I have never bought or sold to him and would not consider it, because of the feedback, reviews and the information about him on Google. I will also not accept bids from him. Like someone said If you do not trust a seller do not buy from them. Someone said there is a sucker born every minute, and people like RadioMart take advantage of them.

73s
K2OWK
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 03:28:04 PM by KD8MJR » Logged
K2OWK

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: January 28, 2011, 09:29:44 PM »

KD8MJR, I used EBay to buy and sell before the policy change. The problem is if I have a deadbeat buyer that does not pay, or has other problems not of my causing I have no way to let other sellers know about the deadbeat buyer, and he goes on screwing other sellers. I think that they should do away with the feedback altogether as I have by not leaving any. I have been on EBay for many years and have 100% positive feedback. I do not screw customers when I sell and sellers when I buy. If you do this you do not have problems. 99% of EBay sellers and buyers are honest. It is the very few like RadioMart that screws up the rest. As for WalMart and Amazon and other stores and on-line sellers and buyers. The answer is yes if I try to return a defective toaster that I destroyed by misuse and used my credit card to purchase it, and then to get my money back by fraudulent means my credit rating should be destroyed for being a fraud. There was very little blackmail that went on on EBay when I bought and sold on it before the policy change. The feedback policy was to allow the buyers and the sellers to evaluate each other in a transaction, to let others know how well the transaction went. I know of very little abuse of this policy when it was in effect Again there are always a few bad apples, but not many. Most EBay buyers and sellers are honest and the ones that aren't end up on Eham forums and Google pages which I research before buying anthing.

K2OWK 
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: January 30, 2011, 08:02:03 AM »

1-30-11 ( Sunday morning) ...ts944 (623) Is the high bidder on radio-marts auctions for a Heathkit SB-301, Yaesu FRG9600, Icom PS125, Tektronics spectrum analyzer, and a Icom 706 Mk2 .....WOW!  ts944 ( shows up as t***4 ) sure must have a lot of money!

If this is not shill bidding I just don't know what is..........................................
WA4053SWL

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: January 30, 2011, 12:43:24 PM »

Which set of thieves?! Radio Mart or EBay?!  Tongue
Between thieves do not harm, ebay know this stuff, do nothing because they are more interested in charge the commission for the sale, these people give a damn if the seller is the same as buying your item, the fees is always paid, sellers with more than two nicknames must exist in great quantities, but this is a business, and thieves are both, ebay first and second the sellers.
RFDOG

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: January 30, 2011, 02:10:05 PM »

More likely it is just apathy.  There are 15 pages of gripes here, and I'll bet no more than two whole people have actually made the effort to complain to eBay.  Hams thrive on gripe.  Just listen to 75 meters.
KD8HMO

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: January 31, 2011, 09:41:17 AM »

It still amazes me how little bad feedback he has for so many transactions. And most of them read like they were written by morons.
AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: January 31, 2011, 06:11:14 PM »

It still amazes me how little bad feedback he has for so many transactions.

Which part of Radiomart's Feedback Extortion Policy didn't
you understand? If you bought an unworking POS radio from him which
he had advertised as "PERFECT! The best one I've ever seen!" and
wanted your money back,you would ONLY get it if you did not leave
negative feedback for RM.
(AND paid for the return shipping!)

The rules have changed now so he can't do the negative
feedback extortion anymore, as I understand it. PSE correct me
if I am wrong.
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: January 31, 2011, 07:08:02 PM »

Everyone seems to know by now radio-mart is dishonest and misrepresents what he sells and seems to defraud overseas buyers especially. This is all old news and seems to have been going on for years. what gets me is the blatant shill bidding with "ts944". What gets me even more is that Ebay seems to put up with it, even though their "official" policy is that they do not.

I was kind of hoping that people would start to take notice and REPORT radio-mart every time they see "ts944" bidding. I have been reporting every one I see. I think if enough people did it Ebay could not ignore it. "ts944" usually puts in a bid anywhere from a day to an hour before the auctions close.

Just yesterday ( Sunday afternoon) ts944 was shilling / bidding on several radio-mart auctions. I reported every one of them. ts944 accidentally "won" radio-marts Tektronics spectrum monitor see   http://cgi.ebay.com/Tektronix-2710-Spectrum-Analyzer10khz-1-8Ghz-OPTIONS-/230577524558?pt=BI_Analyzers&hash=item35af7dcf4e

Watch next week you will see this same item back on Ebay again!

This week ilove2cell ( radio-marts other ebay I.D. ) flooded the transceiver section on ebay with 488 auctions for resistors.....What an idiot.

AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: January 31, 2011, 07:23:36 PM »

Am I reading those bid results correctly?
TS944 had the highest bid, but that winning bid is dated THREE DAYS BEFORE
the SECOND HIGHEST bid?
The guy who SHOULD have won the item?

How can that happen?

Darrell, what exactly is the URL link to go file a shill bidding complaint?
Like a previous poster said, nothing will ever change if people just gripe
about it. I would like to join the voices of those actually complaining
to EBay about this guy's practices, as you are doing.

And BTW, thank you for all of your work tracking the shill bidding of ts944
and ILOVE2CELL.
73, Ken  AD6KA
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: January 31, 2011, 07:56:28 PM »

It is very easy to report ( and my pleasure!) ...On the auction page, lower right area find "report item" and click on it. Pick "fraudulent listing" and right below it pick "user using other accounts to inflate price" from the drop down menus.

"ts944" ( shows up as t***4 (623) ) usually places one bid anywhere from  a day to an hour before the auction ends. If anyone wants to win they will have to outbid ts944. ( see example above)....several bidders tried at the last minute but ts944 still won. I am assuming that after the auction ends radio-mart and ts944 cancel the sale so radio-mart does not have to pay the F.V.F. and he just relists it a week or two later

If anyone researches radio-marts feedback history with ts944 the results are staggering!

radio-mart thinks people are stupid and no one is paying attention...He is wrong. I have invited him several times already in this public forum to answer my accusations and am still waiting for an answer. There is no escape from the ebay paper trail he has left. 
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: January 31, 2011, 08:18:09 PM »

hi,

ts944 uses automatic bidding, you put in your max bid,
ebay system will keep up with other bids until you win or
the highest bid is beyond your maximum.

Automatic bids may be placed days or hours before a listing ends.

I also report his stuff as well as any other that I see.

Wonder if the KY Atty Gen. would be interested in his auctions?

73 james
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: February 01, 2011, 12:12:25 PM »

This radio-mart auction ended just a few days ago, I wonder if the winner knows he got shilled? ( look who the SECOND highest bidder is!)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=230577524411&si=WEvIGrheTbTG2%252F8dJttpYlxmhJw%253D&viewitem=
W0BTU

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: February 04, 2011, 11:07:27 PM »

What amazes me is that nobody has informed the major news anchors about this.

EBay is big news. A report about this on the evening news would be BIGGER news, and the networks would simply jump on what this guy is getting away with.

Can you say, "ABC", "CBS", "NBC" or "Brian Williams"? :-)

All this drama in this thread will go absolutely nowhere, until someone sits down at their keyboard and e-mails a well-written, fully documented article to all the major media. (An enclosed  copy of this thread would do wonders.)

Right?

AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: February 05, 2011, 04:33:50 AM »

All this drama in this thread will go absolutely nowhere, until someone sits down at their keyboard and e-mails a well-written, fully documented article to all the major media. (An enclosed  copy of this thread would do wonders.)

Right?

Eh...I wish I could say "Yes" but my gut tells me "No".
The general public doesn't care a damn about ham radio.
It is perceived as an old man's "quaint" hobby.
And everyone knows the Net is rife with fraud, that is old news.

Now if Radiomart were selling la[tops or Iphones and doing
this, we might get somewhere.
Sorry to sound so cynical.....
73, Ken  AD6KA
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: February 05, 2011, 07:13:19 AM »

Has anyone noticed that since last weekend radio-mart has not listed anything? I would like to think we all had something to do with that!   Suspended ? On vacation?
Pages: Prev 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 35 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: