Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 35 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio Mart (EBay)  (Read 246246 times)
W0BTU

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: February 05, 2011, 07:17:06 AM »

The general public doesn't care a damn about ham radio.

But they might care about eBay.

W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: February 05, 2011, 07:33:27 AM »

All this drama in this thread will go absolutely nowhere, until someone sits down at their keyboard and e-mails a well-written, fully documented article to all the major media. (An enclosed  copy of this thread would do wonders.)

Right?

Eh...I wish I could say "Yes" but my gut tells me "No".
The general public doesn't care a damn about ham radio.
It is perceived as an old man's "quaint" hobby.
And everyone knows the Net is rife with fraud, that is old news.

Now if Radiomart were selling la[tops or Iphones and doing
this, we might get somewhere.
Sorry to sound so cynical.....
73, Ken  AD6KA

Agreed. In truth, the majority of the general public have only a vague idea as to what eBay even is and couldn't care less about what happens on it. There is an estimated 60 BILLION dollars in Medicare and Medicade fraud over the past five years and people yawn at the story - even though this, unlike eBay, is taking money out of the pubic's pockets through increased taxes.

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
W3BJ

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: February 06, 2011, 03:49:13 AM »

I just did a search on Ebay and Radiomart has zero items on there. Is it possible that he has sold all of his items?
KD8HMO

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: February 06, 2011, 06:48:04 AM »

His name on Ebay is spelled radio-mart. Im subscribed to his auction list just for fun LOL
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: February 06, 2011, 04:21:50 PM »

Hey everyone, remember the Tektronics spectrum analyzer "ts944" won last weekend from radio-mart ? Guess what ? It has been relisted today by ilove2cell ( radio-marts other I.D. ) See   http://cgi.ebay.com/Tektronix-2710-Spectrum-Analyzer-10khz-1-8Ghz-/160542626838?pt=BI_Analyzers&hash=item2561161416

I guess "ts944" did not want it? Maybe he was short on cash?
N5KAT

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: February 06, 2011, 06:49:32 PM »

I guess "ts944" did not want it? Maybe he was short on cash?

Maybe ts944 read this thread and decided he wanted to buy it from Ilove2cell instead of Radio-Mart!  Grin
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: February 06, 2011, 07:01:29 PM »

I am going to hazard a guess at this point that our dear friend radio-mart has been possibly suspended by ebay pending a investigation on what has been going on.

Two weeks in a row now and no new listings.

I would like to think this was a group effort!

Who's buying the beer ? Or should we all pitch in?
W7PP

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: February 07, 2011, 06:31:18 AM »

As the person that started this thread (Old cal W8AKR).... I am supprised that radiomart is alive and well! So much for any hope that EBay is ANYTHING more than after money!  Of course we all knew that going in, but some still hold out hope. The other thing is that the draw of "that perfect rig" that we all want too buy for cheep, still drives us to use con men like radiomart. When I first started this, he had got me on a TR4C that was as he always says was "collector" shape. When I got it, it wouldn't even light up.  Angry  I checked the call he was using at the time and the British government said it wasn't an active call and wanted to know where I heard it. I told them the radiomart story and that was the end of that, never heard back.... so this guy has no feelings about screwing anyone he can make a buck off of in any way.... I just hope this thread my have saved someone from his efforts. Now that he has a US call, maybe he will use it in an improper way and the FCC will have a shot at him..... some day, some where maybe he will get his due...... what comes around, goes around!  Huh
KI4SDY

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: February 07, 2011, 07:45:57 AM »

Just to bring the rest of you up to date, Martyn Allison (aka Radio Mart) states on eBay that that he is taking a break "due to my racing career." Does that mean he is running from someone? Who knows!

He says that he is setting up a new web site at www.radiomart.net and that he can be contacted at martynallison@roadrunner.com. He also says that his wife's eBay account is ilove2cell, which could explain some of the experienced shenanigan's.  Wink

If there is any defense of this guy it is that he does show photos of the radios that he calls "mint" and that I would call "fair" condition. That is why I never bought anything from him. Most of his "victims" could be just cheap hams trying to get something for nothing. Grin  
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 05:46:28 AM by KI4SDY » Logged
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: February 07, 2011, 08:03:38 AM »

Racing career? In the middle of winter on a motorcycle? Must be Cold!

7:30am Monday morning. Just had a long conversation with a supervisor at ebay custumer support. I informed them that radio-mart and ilove2cell are one in the same ( they already knew ) ... I told them about the Tektronics S.A. that ilove2cell has listed this week ( the same one radio-mart sold to ts944 last week ) I asked how does radio-mart get out of paying the  F.V.F. to ebay? He told me it looks as if they just do a "mutual cancellation" . I then asked him if he could see on his computer how many times in the last year radio-mart and ts944 have done this ...He told me he could and he got the point BIG TIME.

He told me everything was going to be forwarded to "Trust and Safety" for further review .....

Stay tuned.
KD8HMO

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: February 07, 2011, 05:33:36 PM »

His online Ebay "store" has zero listings right now LOL
AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: February 07, 2011, 11:43:56 PM »

7:30am Monday morning. Just had a long conversation with a supervisor at ebay customer support. I informed them that radio-mart and ilove2cell are one in the same ( they already knew ) ... I told them about the Tektronics S.A. that ilove2cell has listed this week ( the same one radio-mart sold to ts944 last week ) I asked how does radio-mart get out of paying the  F.V.F. to ebay? He told me it looks as if they just do a "mutual cancellation" . I then asked him if he could see on his computer how many times in the last year radio-mart and ts944 have done this ...He told me he could and he got the point BIG TIME.

He told me everything was going to be forwarded to "Trust and Safety" for further review .....
Stay tuned.

Yay! Darrell the Dragon Slayer!
N4IAG

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: February 08, 2011, 08:36:17 AM »

Good work WB6VHK and the others that helped expose this fellow. The "You reap what you sow" phrase comes to mind regarding Radio-Mart

It looks like he's going to strike out on his own with his own website, but I don't think it will be easy without the free advertising and search engine exposure eBay provides its sellers. Plus, a large portion of the ham community is wise to his antics (I hope). But if you're ever in need of a like new, mint condition, pristine radio, you know where to go. Cheesy

I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers.
KD8HMO

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: February 08, 2011, 11:44:32 AM »

I wonder if radio-mart could be sued for fraud for every transaction that he used his shill account to drive up the bids?
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: February 08, 2011, 01:50:22 PM »

And all I wanted to do was buy a spare part. That's how this whole thing got started.

Now radio-mart and ilove2shill have a link to radio-mart's new hastily put up website. ( click on "ME" next to his feedback score) ...A major violation of ebay policy. ( links to outside sites offering to sell or trade not allowed )

Report both of them.

I doubt radio-mart could be sued by a buyer for shill bidding his own equipment but I would not be surprised at all if ebay and local law enforcement go after him. This was too big and had been going on for too long...years.

Pages: Prev 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 35 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: