Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 35 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio Mart (EBay)  (Read 213774 times)
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: February 08, 2011, 02:05:13 PM »

I wonder if radio-mart could be sued for fraud for every transaction that he used his shill account to drive up the bids?

Anyone can be sued for any reason, but getting a favorable judgement and actually getting any money is another matter entirely. You got lots of money to throw away? Smiley

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
W0BTU

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: February 08, 2011, 02:39:20 PM »

...I would not be surprised at all if ... local law enforcement go after him.

All it would take is for someone to send enough evidence to the prosecuting attorney in the county he resides in (when he's in the USA). Do that, and they are required to investigate to see whether a crime has been committed.

I did that twice. Once when a customer tried to steal $400+ from us, and another time to get a full refund on a lemon riding mower. It worked when nothing else did.

WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: February 08, 2011, 03:26:13 PM »

Ebay would be the one to do that. They have enough evidence, that's for sure. Even though users can only see things on ebay for around 3-6 months before they vanish ebay keeps these records for years.

The problem is if ebay sends all of this info to local P.D. in radio-marts area overtime will have to be approved.

KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: February 08, 2011, 03:57:20 PM »

hi,

I wonder if the FCC could pull his license since this
type of activity is not good amateur practice?

This is amazing, the same radio for sale by his xyl
has the same 'radio-mart' photos branded by marty!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tektronix-2710-Spectrum-Analyzer-10khz-1-8Ghz-/160542626838?pt=BI_Analyzers&hash=item2561161416

If this is not enough evidence of shill bidding I don't know what is!

Take a look at the man behind the shill bidding...

http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=ilove2cell

73 james
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 04:12:30 PM by KE4DRN » Logged
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: February 08, 2011, 04:09:52 PM »

Hi

Copy of note I sent to the seller on the tek scope..

73 james

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi,

noticed your fine scope for sale,
looks like this is the same scope offered for sale by
RADIO-MART that was 'WON' by ts944 and now you have the
very same photos with 'RADIO-MART' tag on your site!

Can you shed some light into this mystery?

Very Best Regards,
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 05:27:08 PM by KE4DRN » Logged
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: February 08, 2011, 04:21:49 PM »

Make no mistake, ilove2cell is not "martys wifes" ebay account it is radio-marts OTHER account. Several pages back radio-mart called "ilove2cell" his "sister company" to keep his spare parts separate from his more expensive junk.

If ebay sees this they will no doubt shut down ilove2cell as well. If you read ebays shill bidding policy ( take the ebay shill bidding tutorial, it is fun! ) you will see that once a member has been suspended for shill bidding he/she IS NOT allowed to use other peoples accounts, previous accounts, etc...( can you say gottahaveit1995 ).......

Bottom line...If it looks like radio-mart, sounds like radio-mart, smells like radio-mart, ...well, you get the point.

W0BTU

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: February 08, 2011, 05:07:30 PM »

Find an ham attorney who's sympathetic to this cause. Print off this entire thread, notarize each page with the attorney's seal, and send it to eBay with the "appropriate" cover letter. :-)

It'll get to the right person that way.  Grin

KI4SDY

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: February 08, 2011, 06:11:08 PM »

It looks like everyone in the family is overeating except Martyn, which reminds me of a childhood poem.  Shocked
"Jack Spratt could eat no fat and his wife could eat no lean. Together they licked the platter clean!"  Grin
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: February 10, 2011, 01:54:59 PM »

02-10-11,  ilove2cell ( radio-marts "sister company") just disappeared ( all 222 listings) from ebay, All at once!

Where are we all going to go now to buy Allen Bradly resistors?
KD8DEY

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: February 10, 2011, 05:14:52 PM »

Am I reading those bid results correctly?
TS944 had the highest bid, but that winning bid is dated THREE DAYS BEFORE
the SECOND HIGHEST bid?
The guy who SHOULD have won the item?

How can that happen?

Darrell, what exactly is the URL link to go file a shill bidding complaint?
Like a previous poster said, nothing will ever change if people just gripe
about it. I would like to join the voices of those actually complaining
to EBay about this guy's practices, as you are doing.

And BTW, thank you for all of your work tracking the shill bidding of ts944
and ILOVE2CELL.
73, Ken  AD6KA

"Ebay">Bidding has ended on this item. The seller has relisted this item or one like this.

This seller is currently away, and is not processing orders at this time. You can add this item to your watch list to purchase later.

Apparently nobody won since the seller is currently unable to process the transaction....
"The Hounds of Doom are howling more??"
N4TTS

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: February 10, 2011, 05:17:41 PM »

Looks like ol' Marty nailed the lid on his own coffin when he decided to straighten out the "three or four" disgruntled ham ops who were mistaken about his impeccable integrity.

I'll bet he wished he had kept his mouth shut instead of attempting his commando tactics here.

It may be the end of an "error" for him on eBay but he's fired up his web site to continue his quest for victims.
Evidently the racing thing didn't work out either.

Don N4TTS

02-10-11,  ilove2cell ( radio-marts "sister company") just disappeared ( all 222 listings) from ebay, All at once!

Where are we all going to go now to buy Allen Bradly resistors?
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: February 10, 2011, 06:12:31 PM »

A quote from radio-marts "Me" page on ebay:  There are a small handful, certainly a minority who keep trying to put my company down but as I ask anyone, where is the proof of these rantings?

The proof is right here Marty.

People started noticing the blatant shill bidding and started reporting it to ebay. Apparently ebay did something. I doubt very much we will see either radio-mart or ilove2smell for a long long time if ever.

We did not get radio-mart / ilove2smell thrown off ebay, THEY DID IT THEMSELVES.

One of my favorite shows on tv is "Worlds dumbest criminals" 
N4IAG

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: February 10, 2011, 06:43:24 PM »

You're right, he did it to himself.

One only has to google "radio-mart ebay" to see why.

A good read is here: http://www.vk4adc.com/content/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=43&Itemid=50

I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers.
KD8HMO

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: February 10, 2011, 06:47:46 PM »

I cant hardly believe that Ebay didnt know what was going on here for the last few years. I wonder if they were making too much money off of him before too many people started to complain...
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: February 10, 2011, 07:23:15 PM »

It's official. See ilove2cell feedback posted today :TOO ALL MY CUSTOMERS... I AM NO LOGER AN EBAY MEMBER. THANKS FOR YOUR SALES!

I think Marty meant to say I AM NO LONGER AN EBAY MEMBER .......

Thanks for letting us all know.
Pages: Prev 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 35 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: