Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 35 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio Mart (EBay)  (Read 241129 times)
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: February 10, 2011, 08:08:49 PM »

hi,

problem is on both seller ME pages, they have links to
the new Radio-Mart website along with another
buy/sell site.

perhaps ebay can use Rado-Mart as a case study to
improve their software to flag these transactions and
take a closer look at them.

PowerSeller Radio-Mart is NO MORE.

73 james
W0BTU

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: February 10, 2011, 09:21:01 PM »

I doubt very much we will see either radio-mart or ilove2sell for a long long time if ever.

What prevents him from re-joining eBay under a different name and address?

AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: February 11, 2011, 12:05:17 AM »

I doubt very much we will see either radio-mart or ilove2sell for a long long time if ever.

What prevents him from re-joining eBay under a different name and address?

That's what I'm thinking. Give it some time to settle down.

People like Marty are like cat pee in the drapes.
No matter WHAT you do, the smell keeps coming back forever.....

Plus, he's gotta be stuck with a boat load of crummy radios to
unload on unsuspecting and trusting hams.
Better keep an eye on all the radio trading boards!
KD8HMO

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: February 11, 2011, 07:01:00 AM »

I still believe that Ebay looks the other way when it comes to the big power-sellers. You boot a power-seller, you lose money...
N0MKC

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: February 13, 2011, 03:07:52 PM »

Well, he's got his site up; it's little more than a list of items for sale, no pictures or details for any of them.

He claims to offer "...discrete [sic] Complete SK Ham-Radio estate service, working closely with the families and attorneys of the estate."  - I would hope that any attorney working to close out an estate would exercise due diligence prior to dealing with him.

Now that he doesn't have the protection / security of eBay, I can't help but wonder how long his site will stay up - I would expect that in his 10+ years of eBay, that he's made enemies of a few folks who are skilled hackers and would love to cause him great inconvenience!  In the event this does happen, his hosting company could decide that his business isn't worth the trouble and act accordingly, as well.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 03:09:53 PM by N0MKC » Logged
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: February 13, 2011, 03:52:36 PM »

Quote from radio-mart / ilove2smell ebay page :  TOO ALL MY CUSTOMERS... I AM NO LOGER AN EBAY MEMBER. THANKS FOR YOUR SALES!

I think he Martyn meant to say To all my customers ...I am no LONGER an ebay member...But don't worry, we all understand and we get the point!

Read his "Me" page for the latest. If you notice he makes it sound like he left on his own .....It was all ebays fault and he could not put up with it any more!  He also claims to have paid ebay over 11 million dollars over the last 11 years...Huh

KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: February 14, 2011, 12:29:08 PM »

To all those who made this happen, you did a great service for ham radio operators world wide Grin  Grin
Thank you for the Fine work.

Robert
KD8MJR
KB8ASO

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: February 14, 2011, 04:45:43 PM »

Not a single complaint in 36 months?  How?  Take a look:

http://www.bbb.org/lexington/business-reviews/internet-shopping/radio-mart-in-sadieville-ky-90004579

KD8HMO

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: February 14, 2011, 07:33:39 PM »

Maybe his victims were too lazy to do anything but complain on forums? He has hardly any bad feedback at all. Interesting huh?
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: February 15, 2011, 07:43:50 AM »

Having dealt with the BBB in the past, I have absolutely no faith in any information they provide.

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: February 15, 2011, 08:34:03 AM »

I don't trust the BBB either.  ABC did an expose of the BBB last year and the BBB was caught giving members higher scores than non members.  As I recall, Wolfgang Puck's Five Sixty restaurant got an F because it failed to respond to one complaint.  If he would have become a member and given the BBB money, his score would be raised, but he refused.  The Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Dallas it got a B- from the BBB despite having no complaints.  ABC proved a link between becoming a member (and giving the BBB cash) and better scores.

WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: February 15, 2011, 09:29:15 AM »

Remember, radio-marts feedback score only reflects what has happened in the last year ( ebay changed the rules ) .. A 99% feedback score is still not great, and if ebay removed all of the "funny feedback" from ts944 radio-marts score would drop even further.

Now that radio-mart is no longer on ebay it would be nice to see a seller with honesty and integrity fill his shoes.

I still think ebay is a fun place to shop, even with all of the problems that go on. I find if I am careful I rarely have a problem.

I think it took ebay way too long to respond to complaints about radio-marts practices. There is no doubt in my mind that because of his "Power Seller" status they looked the other way for as long as they could.

Radio-mart claims he is moving to Amazon? I don't see a category for ham equipment there ...? 
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: February 16, 2011, 12:29:53 PM »

2-16-11  Remember a few weeks ago on ebay when "ts944" "won" the Tektronics S.A. radio-mart had for auction?

Go to  http://radio-mart.net/page8.html  and look at what radio-mart has for sale again!

KD8HMO

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: February 16, 2011, 03:15:18 PM »

Maybe he will start his own auction site and then he can shill all he wants too LOL
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: February 16, 2011, 03:41:31 PM »

He would not last a month on Amazon, they don't play around when it comes to customer complaints, he would have to refund every order where the customer complained to Amazon about the Quality of the merchandise received.

Radio-mart claims he is moving to Amazon? I don't see a category for ham equipment there ...? 
Pages: Prev 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 35 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: