Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 35 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio Mart (EBay)  (Read 246391 times)
KI4VEO

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: March 23, 2011, 03:22:33 PM »

Another amateur op falls prey selling to Marty:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160563429073&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

KD8DEY

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: March 23, 2011, 04:16:37 PM »

If I had $46.00 I would bid $0.99 + shipping & Handling just so I could look at the remains and maybe resurrect over time but I'm broke on my bum after loosing my job to illness....
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: March 23, 2011, 04:20:58 PM »

LOL, He still avoids talking about all of his schill accounts!  Grin

Guys like him really don't see what all the fuss is about.  I have done face to face business with people who act like Marty and they always strike me as thinking that the worlds moral compas is bent 45 Deg to the Left, so they are right on Target, whats wrong with you?
Even as Marty reads these posts he probably see's them as just people targeting him, he cannot grasp that so many people could be this Angry with anything he has done, there must be a Vendeta against him by one single person who is stirring up something where there is nothing.   It's kinda like a Mini version of the Charlie Sheen stuff, everyone else is wrong and I am right.
KI4VEO

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: March 23, 2011, 05:00:54 PM »

I keep thinking one day someone will go off the deep end and show up at his door with revenge on his agenda.

This fellow with the Dentron amp has a legitimate axe to grind.  I remember seeing his eBay ad when it was first listed back in January.  I have an eBay search on file for "Dentron Amplifier" hoping to find a MLA2500 chassis for a conversion to 3CX800A7 tubes.  Yes, I see one up there now but I want to do the conversion myself.

Giving Marty the benefit of the doubt I suppose he just sees himself as a shrewd businessman and someone that is entitled to take advantage of opportunities and trusting people without any feelings of remorse.

That pretty much defines a sociopath.  They make the best used car salespeople and politicians.
HAMFESTS

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: March 28, 2011, 10:16:59 AM »

~reads everything~

Looks like if I ever sell anything on EBay again, I'll have to put in the auction NO SALES TO KENTUCKY

Then I will know that none of his shill accounts can buy anything

~sheesh~
KE4JOY

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: March 30, 2011, 08:19:04 AM »

Holy cow that box of parts is up to $290 !  Roll Eyes
W7PP

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: April 03, 2011, 08:08:19 AM »

K4TEC..... After you screwed me on a TR4C I started this thread..... (Old call W8AKR).... How do you like me now?  Grin

Your welcome!
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: April 08, 2011, 08:28:02 AM »

quote from above post :Even as Marty reads these posts he probably see's them as just people targeting him, he cannot grasp that so many people could be this Angry with anything he has done, there must be a Vendeta against him by one single person who is stirring up something where there is nothing.   It's kinda like a Mini version of the Charlie Sheen stuff, everyone else is wrong and I am right.

Maybe Marty will go on "tour" ...?
KD8HMO

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: April 11, 2011, 08:57:47 AM »

Quote from Marty's new website...

Welcome to Radio-Mart

"Welcome to the Radio-Mart web site, we hope you enjoy your stay here.

We have recently been awarded the prestigious BBB A+ Seal of approval which confirms you can buy with confidence from Radio-Mart; our focus is on customer care and good service.

We specialize in high end and collectible Ham-Radio equipment, receivers, transceivers, vintage equipment and accessories as well as avionics.

We always have an excellent selection of equipment available however if you are unable to find exactly what your looking for please do not hesitate contacting us.

I formed a separate division of our company for spare parts and manuals, we have a huge array of accessories not currently listed so please feel free or email me with any requests or questions you may have.

We are always on the lookout for high end Ham-Radio equipment; we also specialize in complete shack clearances as well as a discrete complete SK Ham-Radio estate service, working closely with the families and attorneys of the estate.

We pay top dollar for the right equipment or if preferred can sell your equipment on a commission basis, we also buy non working Ham-Radio equipment; please complete the contact us link with a description of what you have available and your contact details."

Better Business Bureau A+ seal of approval??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
W0BTU

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: April 11, 2011, 09:08:49 AM »

Sure enough:
http://www.bbb.org/lexington/business-reviews/radio-communication-equipment-and-systems/radio-mart-in-georgetown-ky-90004579

"Based on BBB files, this business has a BBB Rating of A+ on a scale from A+ to F.
Factors that raised this business' rating include:

* Length of time business has been operating.
    * No complaints filed with BBB.
    * BBB has sufficient background information on this business."

KD8HMO

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: April 11, 2011, 09:11:30 AM »

Sure enough:
http://www.bbb.org/lexington/business-reviews/radio-communication-equipment-and-systems/radio-mart-in-georgetown-ky-90004579

"Based on BBB files, this business has a BBB Rating of A+ on a scale from A+ to F.

* Length of time business has been operating.
    * No complaints filed with BBB.
    * BBB has sufficient background information on this business."

Someone should gather up all of the Ebay evidence and postings from these forums and send it to the BBB...
AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: April 11, 2011, 11:16:30 AM »

Blah, blah, blah....

Fact is, and no secret, is that the BBB is a "Pay to be rated service". 
You don't pay yearly dues you are either poorly rated or not rated at all.

What a racket!
KG0MN

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: April 13, 2011, 09:34:13 AM »

I guess QTH.com doesn't care where their advertising money comes from since Radio Mart is advertising there now.  Pretty sad knowing the rep this jerk has and QQTH.com still wants to be associated with him.
W0BTU

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: April 13, 2011, 09:53:28 AM »

Fact is, and no secret, is that the BBB is a "Pay to be rated service". 
You don't pay yearly dues you are either poorly rated or not rated at all.

You are correct, to a point. To have the BBB Accredited Business logo on your business web site, you have to pay several hundred dollars per year.

However, if you don't have a web site (or walk-in store) where you feel you need that BBB logo, I think that they will still rate you at no charge. I forget the details, and maybe things have changed. I think the BBB's web site would say if I'm right or not.

K1TCJ

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: April 13, 2011, 12:50:50 PM »

KD8HMO writes:

> Someone should gather up all of the Ebay evidence
> and postings from these forums and send it to the BBB

As a "returning" ham in the process of getting back on the air after twenty years I have been surfing the net for used gear.  Were it not for discussion threads like this one I might well having made the mistake of buying something from this guy.  Consequently, to protect others like myself, I just sent the following message to the Bluegrass BBB in Lexington, KY.

Dear Lexington BBB,

While attempting to file a complaint against a business you endorse using the address information on your web site:

> http://www.bbb.org/lexington/business-reviews/radio-communication-equipment-and-systems/radio-mart-in-georgetown-ky-90004579#bbblogo

I received the error message, "There is no BBB that services the zip/postal code you entered." Advice on how I should proceed would be appreciated.

The business in question sells used amateur radio equipment and is well known in the amateur radio community as one to avoid.  For example, here are two long discussion threads about its business practices from two different online forums frequented by amateur radio operators:

> Radio Mart (eBay)
> http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php?topic=6231.30

> RADIO MART eBay crook
> http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?164890-RADIO-MART-eBay-crook

These discussions both started in mid-2008, and both contain comments added as recently as this month.

If you review these discussions I think you'll agree that this merchant's poor reputation within his target market is well deserved.  I think you'll also agree that an A+ rating by the BBB for a business like this is cause for consumers like me to question the value of a BBB rating, and I hope you will seriously reconsider the rating you have awarded to this business.

--
Todd Jonz, K1TCJ

« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 01:05:17 PM by K1TCJ » Logged
Pages: Prev 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 35 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: