Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 35 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio Mart (EBay)  (Read 215705 times)
WD8T

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: May 05, 2011, 09:07:19 AM »

Martyn got me on eBay about 4 years ago.  I got my money back through PayPal but lost $40+ in shipping his junk radios back.  LOL...the first junk "beautiful example" IC-735 he sent was shipped in a old VCR box with NO PACKING material inside!! NOTHING except the naked radio sliding around in the box. That radio stank of cigarrette smoke and looked like hell.  He's the classic bait and switch con man.  He's good at it too..doesn't do it to everyone so he stays in business.

But, all the negative posts don't seem to hurt his thriving ebay business though.  eBay loves him because he generates cash to their bottom line. 

Where does he get all those "collector quality" rigs anyway?  Is there some secret source in KY where they are stored until he buys them?
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: May 05, 2011, 01:10:27 PM »

Maybe it's been a while since you have visited Ebay...Radio-mart has been GONE three months now.

I wonder what ever happened to "TS944" ................................Huh
N5KAT

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: May 05, 2011, 02:40:28 PM »

Radio-Mart and ilove2cell are both back on ebay.

I say this thread is good for 20,000 more hits!
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: May 05, 2011, 03:02:25 PM »

radio-mart / ilove2cell / gottahaveit1995 ARE NOT back on ebay...they never left. Rumor has it they had their selling privileges suspended or revoked but that is just rumor...and ebay is not talking.........

Go to ebay and go to "advanced search" ...Go to "search by seller" and type in radio-mart ....ZERO items for sale....Since Febuary. Do the same thing for ilove2cell ....SAME THING.

Gone........But for good ?

Stay tuned.
N5KAT

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: May 05, 2011, 05:57:41 PM »

Check "Feedback as Buyer" for those accounts...they're stocking up!! Shocked
K3ZL

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: May 06, 2011, 08:46:30 AM »

Check "Feedback as Buyer" for those accounts...they're stocking up!! Shocked

I can help him stock up for the next round of sells: I have a Hallicrafters with a burned up power supply. Also need recapping and after that who knows what.  But it is "collector quality" and "works great". 
KD8DEY

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: May 06, 2011, 12:06:18 PM »

Looks to me like this is all just a  misunderstanding between sellers and buyers ratings so I humbly submit

this

Basic Seller Ebay Ratings guide

Collectors Quality = Looks perfect and actually lights up (But doesnt do anything else) great for setting behind a glass display case.

Mint = Drooled in a York mint while cleaning the chassis with brasso.

Near mint = Almost drooled in a york mint but had napkins handy.

excellent = A little banged and bruised but actually works.

Good = would be considered excellent except for such annoying things as cracked knobs and spliced power cord. (Extra quality points for being spliced with the proper polarity

Average = would be considered good except for such annoying things as Bad switches, cracked dials, broken dial cords and spliced power cord. (Extra quality points for being spliced with the proper polarity

Fair = has sit in the barn since the 1939 state fair.  may or may not work after removing spiderwebs and various insect carcases and poultry droppings.

Poor = empty cabinet aka tech special

hope this helps resolve all the misunderstandings

« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 01:11:24 PM by KD8DEY » Logged
ND1X

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: May 08, 2011, 05:39:49 AM »

Radio Mart is no longer on Ebay. He has his own Website now. The format is similiar to Ebay in that he has a miriad ofpictures for most of everything he has for sale. I did, about 4 years ago, but a receiver from him, it arrived with a caved in top cover and I tried to get some money back, but it was in vain. Left negative feedback, but it didn't seem to stop alot of buyers from purchasing more items from him. I believe he is not a Ham Radio operator as he at times, Claims to be. So as usual, Buyer be ware.  Web site is WWW.radio-mart.net  He explains why he is not on Ebay? 
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: May 12, 2011, 10:14:56 AM »

Radio-mart does it again .....( as a BUYER ONLY ) ...

Negative feedback rating   BEWARE!!! Radio Didnt Work, Refund bounced, Having to fight for refund BEWARE   Seller:
Member id jonnymateo ( Feedback Score Of 4 )
   May-11-11 09:57

Reply by jonnymateo (May-11-11 20:14):
      WOW SCAM!!! SCAM!!!... HE TAKES PARTS OUT OF RADIOS AND RETURNS THEM...

-- (#260776034566)
W3WN

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: May 16, 2011, 08:53:49 PM »

Radio Mart is no longer on Ebay. He has his own Website now. The format is similiar to Ebay in that he has a miriad ofpictures for most of everything he has for sale. I did, about 4 years ago, but a receiver from him, it arrived with a caved in top cover and I tried to get some money back, but it was in vain. Left negative feedback, but it didn't seem to stop alot of buyers from purchasing more items from him. I believe he is not a Ham Radio operator as he at times, Claims to be. So as usual, Buyer be ware.  Web site is WWW.radio-mart.net  He explains why he is not on Ebay? 
No, he's licensed.  He allegedly had a UK call, long expired, but recently got a US ticket, followed by a vanity call.

Incidentally, during a discussion of the company on another forum, someone claiming to be his wife showed up.  Amongst other things, "she" claimed to be the infamous GottaHaveIt account. 

And all this was detailed on a blog on their website.

Funny thing, though.  After some forum users started asking questions or pointing out inconsistencies, the blog disappeared, and all of the posts from Martyn and his "wife" got deleted.  Go figure.
KB8ASO

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: May 18, 2011, 06:31:14 PM »

From his NEW website.  This guy can sure spin a yarn.

Hallicrafters SX-62A Shortwave Receiver restored

I don't believe you will ever find another close to brand new example of this classic vintage like this one.

Please see the additional pictures below so you can see exactly how nice the receiver actually is.

( Warning!!! BS alert ) Shocked

It sat in a box unused since new, I was invited to do a shack clearance and there were so many brand new vintage rigs just sat in boxes, I am slowly getting to them and carefully testing them.

I have checked alignment of this receiver and its perfect, a receiver you will be proud to own and show off.

(End BS alert)

Yaesu FT-ONE, Brand New, Never Used, Very Rare.

What a Find!

I recently was invited to do a shack clearance and when the door opened there sat several Brand New Yaesu transceivers all in the original boxes and some behind glass as show pieces.

This is one that sat behind glass,

(End BS alert)

it is being supplied with the original owners manual, original purchase receipt and Yaesu Envelope as well as power lead.

He has now branched out into CB and "10 meter" radios

Galaxy DX-94HP 10 Meter Transceiver
Supplied with the Power Lead, Mobike Bracket with Screws and Microphone, it is like new.
Blue LEDs for frequency and channel readouts
Dual blue LEDs light our signature large meter
StarLite faceplate (all printing is backlit)
AM/USB/LSB modes, but no FM
Variable dimmer control for LEDs, meter lamp and faceplate lettering
Switch to turn off the frequency digits
Variable Talkback circuit with on/off switch
Echo and Voice Changer like the old DX99V, but no Robot
Echo/Voice Changer controls on the front panel, not inside the radio
Roger Beep with on/off switch

Note:  All REAL ham radios have roger beep, echo and voice changer!!! Grin

Browning Golden Eagle MKIV
Vintage 40Ch CB, I recently was invited to see a collection of Vintage CB equipment,

I was surprised when I opened the shck door to see that several items were in boxes brand new.
I paid top dollar for the equipment as it is rare and perfect.

(End BS alert)

Also this guy had a fleamarket space at Dayton Hamvention 2010.  Space FE2067.  He is not listed this year, yet.  Roll Eyes

Randy AB9GO
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: May 25, 2011, 12:37:17 PM »

You know what is interesting ? Since radio-mart "quit" ( or was forced ) to stop selling on ebay in February "ts944" has not bid on ONE radio on ebay.

Coincidence Huh
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: May 27, 2011, 08:31:39 AM »

All that can be said is this:  E-Bay is a SLIGHTLY better place now that this sham artist is gone!
KD8HMO

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: May 27, 2011, 09:02:35 AM »

I wonder how he is getting new suckers to visit his website?
W7PP

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: June 03, 2011, 04:52:17 AM »

P. T. Barnum knows!   Cheesy
Pages: Prev 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 35 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: