Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio Mart (EBay)  (Read 234563 times)
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: October 06, 2011, 03:16:01 PM »

Radio-Mart is now a dealer for Heil Sound HuhHuhHuh

W3WN

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: October 12, 2011, 06:13:34 AM »

Hi,

if you put that link in Google it will return and you
can click on the cached version 9-8-11 22:00

73 james

Thanks, that's what I did before but as you can see the Posts don't indicate what happened and why it might have been removed from QRZ.  Most puzzling is W0BTU statement, I don't see any evidence in the post to go one way or the other, but it does seem like a far fetched story
It was a long tale of woe from a ham, who basically claimed that Mr. Allison had bought a radio from him, told him that the opened box contained bricks, and called the police... and as a result, he refunded the money, even though he was in dire need of it, and was in fear of arrest and such.  IIRC.

And I'm skipping a lot of the details (the brother who's a cop, and so forth). 

Suffice to say, the story was incredible, but some portions of it didn't seem to make sense.  And when some individuals started making some suggestions, which included talking to a lawyer, some of the details changed, and the original poster started to clam up.

More than a few people began to speculate that some or all of the story was fabricated from the get-go.  Then it was locked from further comments, and then deleted outright.

Mr. Allison does seem to have quite a reputation that he's garnered over the years.  That said, I would not consider this now-deleted post in evaluating whether or not I'd deal with him in the future.

It just didn't smell right.  It just smelled.
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: October 12, 2011, 03:06:48 PM »

From radio-marts "feedback left for others" :

BEWARE OF THIS SELLER, Radio MISSING PARTS, DAMAGED, HAVIBG TO FIGHT 4 A REFUND   Seller:
Member id mikeandlil ( Feedback Score Of 69Blue star icon for feedback score in between 50 to 99)
   Oct-02-11 07:00
    -- (#170695887390)

Another unlucky seller who never had a problem on ebay UNTIL HE MET Martyn.

Mike is a nice guy..."mikeandlil" on ebay. I would not hesitate to buy something from him.

Radio-mart has not been selling on ebay since March now but even as a buyer the he continues to create controversy. Look at his "feedback left for others" and go through several pages...See a pattern?

I cannot believe radio-mart is now a dealer for Heil Sound. Does Bob Heil know who Martyn Alison is?

Too many times over the last several years Martyn has told his unhappy customers to F@@K off, You just don't treat people that way and expect to last with a business

See:   http://www.vr2xmt.com/ebayconradiomart.html

HAMMYGUY

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: October 12, 2011, 08:13:08 PM »

I once sold a radio to "radio-mart", he immediately fabricated a cock-en bull story about it's history on an eBay auction, the day after it was delivered.   I immediately blocked him from bidding with any known ID's he had.  WOW talk about stirring up a hornets nest.  He tried to bid on a couple of items later on.  Both times he emailed me with foul language and both contained "Whats the matter?  Isn't my money good enough for you?!" No Martin it isn't.  I'd give the stuff away before I'll ever do business with you again. 

I can't believe that Scott over at QTH and Bob Heil have both fallen for his line of crap.  I finally blocked Scotts site with Ad-Blocker due to seeing random "radio-mart" ads.   In the past I've clicked on many of his advertisements since there are legitimate companies who do have interesting products.  But not anymore. 
WA3SEW

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: October 13, 2011, 06:35:34 PM »

Well it's been a year and a half since I got screwed by Martyn on ebay. I posted my tale of woe back on page 8 of this thread, and I see that it has grown to 31 pages. UNBELIEVEABLE! I no longer sell on ebay, or have a paypal account, but I did stop by ebay today to see how old Martyn is doing, and it appears that he is not selling anymore on ebay, at least not as radio-mart.

To the few posters who have had somewhat good luck in their dealings with him, congrats!. Like one poster said, "now go out and buy a lottery ticket". But to anybody who is just finding out about this guy and doing their research, BELIEVE WHAT YOU READ HERE. Do not buy from or sell to this guy. You WILL rue the day. A year and a half later, and I am still smarting from that encounter.

73's
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: October 18, 2011, 10:03:18 AM »

It was a long tale of woe from a ham, who basically claimed that Mr. Allison had bought a radio from him, told him that the opened box contained bricks, and called the police... and as a result, he refunded the money, even though he was in dire need of it, and was in fear of arrest and such.  IIRC.

And I'm skipping a lot of the details (the brother who's a cop, and so forth). 

Suffice to say, the story was incredible, but some portions of it didn't seem to make sense.  And when some individuals started making some suggestions, which included talking to a lawyer, some of the details changed, and the original poster started to clam up.

More than a few people began to speculate that some or all of the story was fabricated from the get-go.  Then it was locked from further comments, and then deleted outright.

Mr. Allison does seem to have quite a reputation that he's garnered over the years.  That said, I would not consider this now-deleted post in evaluating whether or not I'd deal with him in the future.

It just didn't smell right.  It just smelled.

Thanks for telling me the detailed story, it sounded Fishy to me from just the little bit I could still read.  I guess even scammers get scammed Smiley
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: October 28, 2011, 01:30:10 PM »

This thread just turned 50,000 "hits" .....As far as I can see that sets a record here on E-ham ?
AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: October 28, 2011, 07:32:53 PM »

WB6VHK:
I cannot believe radio-mart is now a dealer for Heil Sound.

That surprised me too.

What will Marty do, take out the Heil mic elements, replace with a cheapie,
and sell the real elements on the side? I mean, with all the horror
stories from RM buyers over the years, the phrase
"How sleazy can you get?" is NOT a rhetorical question.

Ken AD6KA
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: November 06, 2011, 04:18:47 PM »

I find this very funny and just had to share.

I check in to QRZ.com about twice a year....This time I had a "private message" waiting for me from Martyn / radio-mart of all people

Talk about a rant! ...and I still can't figure out what he is talking about!

Good evening Darrell,
    This is your best and probably only friend Martyn here, sorry for the sarcasm but after what I have read what have said about me I am finding it very hard to take you seriously.

I see your up to your good for nothing medaling ways as usual,, trying to make me out to be a crook and a bad guy,, why the heck has no one taken me to court yet,, your just full of it OM with your wild and exadurated claims.

So I go to eham and see you post a link to a posting on this site,, now be a man and post the follow up.. Did you read it?? Well just in case you didn’t here is the follow up.

After jumping the gun on Radio-Mart here is what I now know. EVERYTHING arrived in as described condition. It all works as it’s supposed to, nothing broken , nothing missing. In fact some of the items actually exceeded my expectations.
    So what’s the lesson I just learned the hard way. I was totally wrong about this company and its owner and I am not too big to admit I WAS WRONG. Here’s what happened… after purchasing the HF equipment for large sum of money a few friends and many others sent me Emails warning me of possible problems.
    I then did a Google search and a bunch of stuff popped up negative about Radio-Mart. Being human with all the faults that go with it I panicked. I allowed my frightened emotions over to overrule logic in this case concerned I might lose a substantial outlay of my hard earned money.
    After posting here on QRZ, I later on wrote the administrator asking if I could remove the thread and start a new thread where I could give this gent an honest evaluation. Since the administrator did not respond or take down the thread I am writing this as a full retraction.
    In today’s Cyber driven world it’s super easy for any of us to jump to conclusions. This is America and one is innocent until proven guilty. In this case I held Radio-Mart guilty until proven innocent. Again I was wrong.
    I posted in a panic what I thought was going to happen based on hear say and the information gathered from the net. We all know the net has its fair share of problems with what to believe & what not to believe.
    When one is in business and does as many deals as Radio-Mart does sooner or later there will be a problem. I cannot speak for those who may or may not have had a problem with Radio-Mart in the past only with my experience so far with them has been. I ( myself ) can find no reason not to do business with this company or its owner.
    My Sincere Apologies To Radio-Mart , Larry Read aka KF6VMC

so are you going to post it?,,

I have to say I find you and the lies you tell about me most pathetic, making up stories to satisfy your fantisy you seem to have about me and my company, oh did you see were BBB A+ accrdited hmm I guess a crook can get that.

So lets see if your going to be a man about posting the retraction.

and for once try and be honest and tell me what your grevance with me is.

I will be sending a copy of this email to Fred the QRZ owner and a moderator so you will not be able to twist things around like telling just one side of a story when you know there is two.

I eagerly wait your response.

73s

A little Brit Different
W4OP

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: November 06, 2011, 07:58:45 PM »

Hi Darrell,
You have been honored by his personal e-Mail.
I recently saw a spectrm analyzer F.S.- I think it was here or QTH. I was interested until I saw it was K4TEC selling it. Based on my personal experience, I kept scrolling down.
Dale W4OP
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: November 08, 2011, 10:47:24 AM »

Some weeks ago Mike in New Mexico ( mikeandlil (69) on ebay ) sold a Yaesu transceiver to Martyn / radio-mart. Radio-mart claimed the radio was "damaged" and missing filters. He offered Mike 400.00 as he could always use the radio for "parts".....Mike said No, and radio-mart filed a claim with ebay,and left Mike NASTY feedback.  Here is what Mike wrote to me ( posted with his permission )

I sold a FT-1000MP with the optional 6khz AM filter in the 8 Mhz IF, two 2Khz filters one in the 8 MHZ IF and 1 in the 455Khz IF and I had purchased the 250 Hz filter for the 8 MHZ IF and advertised it tht way. He claimed the radio had only the standard filters in it, the tuning knob ws damaged, and sent it back without any of the optional filters in it and the radio was locked up in the SCAN mode. I will have to send it out to undo his damage. Then he posted a negative feedback on EBay and they refunded his money to him without so much s an email to me. I will make a report to the kY BBB in addition to the FBI and the KY Attorney general office. Bd news guy!1 Should not be on EBay as he makes them part of the collusion.
Mike

Mike is a great guy and if you look at his ebay feedback rating you will notice he NEVER had a problem with anyone UNTIL he sold something to radio-mart .....Sorry Mike.
W7KB

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: November 12, 2011, 03:22:43 PM »

There are some easy solution to this problem.Buy NEW products.Get a factory warranty with them.Don't buy off of ebay.Only buy a used product from someone you personally know.If you can't afford a new product,save your money until you can.You will then not have to deal with sellers of this caliber.Problem solved.
KF6ABU

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: November 16, 2011, 08:14:18 PM »

and sent it back without any of the optional filters in it

Wow! This guy straight up robs people... I'm surprised he has not been visited yet.
W7PP

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: November 22, 2011, 07:00:03 AM »

This must be his new gig....

RADIOVHF - I am looking for the following equipment
I am looking for the following transceivers
Kenwood TS-2000
Yaesu FT-2000
Yaesu FT-950
Yaesu FT-847
Icom IC-R8500
Icom IC-706MKIIG
Must be in excellent condition, What do you have?
Please email me if you have any of the above you wish to sell.
73s

Listing #952467 - Submitted on 11/22/11 by Callsign K4TEC
Click Here to Email -- Send this Ad to a Friend

I wonder if any of these will work AFTER he gets them.....?
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: November 22, 2011, 07:11:44 AM »

Where is this ad listed?
Pages: Prev 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: