Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2m/70cm Restrictions in Washington D.C.  (Read 356 times)
KB9YTQ

Ignore
« on: July 20, 2003, 02:02:11 PM »

Next week (07/27/2003) i will be attending a Global Young Leaders Conference in Washington D.C. and New York.  I really don't know how much time I'll have to be on the bands (I have a dual-band Yaesu VX-1R)in the area, but I don't go anywhere without the radio.  I seem to remember reading somewhere about certain frequency restrictions on the 2m/70cm bands in the Metro Washington area.  Is this true, and if so, what are they and where can I find them.  Also, I'll be staying at Mount Vernon College in Washingon.  Is there an open repeater near there thats pretty active?  Thanks for the info!
73s,
Mark, KB9YTQ
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2003, 09:58:58 AM »

I don't know of any special restictions in Washington, D.C.  You may be thinking about the FCC monitoring station in Laural, Maryland. Part 97 does require you to protect them from harmfull interferrence if you are located within 1 mile of the station. I don't think you'll need to be concerned with an HT.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: