Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: R&L Electronics--Great Service,Selection,Price  (Read 4825 times)
WO8USA

Ignore
« on: January 26, 2009, 03:58:51 PM »

I have dealt with R&L since 1994 and have bought thousands of dollars of equipment from them, big radios, amps, and little things like coax sealant.  They are a class crowd and will help you find something or an alternative if they know of it.   Even since most of the business they probably do is over the internet or phone, they maintain a great ham store in Hamilton with numerous stations set up.  

If you want to try something out, they will hook it up and let you try it on the air.  I had a particularly hard problem and they even let me exchange a component to see if the was the problem.  They will do what they can within reason to help out a fellow ham (but don't take advantage of it).  

They also have a great used selection, and will let you try it out completely to make sure it all works.  Occassionally you'll find some mint boat anchors there too.

I also find they are about $10-$20 less on most items than other stores.

You can trust the people at R&L with your maoney and business!

Chris WO8USA
KI4UCO

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 05:07:43 PM »

I agree! Larry, Todd and company are great to work with. I work about 5 miles from the store so it's very convenient for me. They always have a great selection and the pricing is hard to beat. The vast majority of my gear has come from there. Keep up the good work!
K9FON

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 03:29:09 PM »

I have dealt with them for years and i never have ever had a bad deal with them. Have any of you ever been to the store in Hamilton? WOW! When im in there, i feel like a kid in a candy store!!! I love the place and my wife cant ever get me to want to leave!
KB1NXE

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 06:55:34 AM »

I've been dealing with R&L since the mid 80's when I was the MARS director out at Wright-Patt AFB.  I purchased both privately and for the military many, many items.  When the cost of shipping an order of mine (a bunch of Rohn 45G, mast, antennas, etc.) was going to be in the high hundreds, they called.  I signed out a truck from the motor pool, and picked it up.  Now, that's customer service!

Rita and Larry were always the most friendly and helpful people.  It was shown in the rest of their staff as well.

Jim
K4JC

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 07:12:48 AM »

I have also enjoyed great success in dealing with R&L. Several years ago I traveled a lot for work and had the chance to stop by R&L several times. I love that store! Always friendly and willing to help. When pricing gear I use their prices as my guideline, and they usually have the best prices. I highly recommend R&L!
KM5TC

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 12:31:13 PM »

I would like to say my dealings with R & L have been
good. Usually get the items ordered about the time
my check clears. Thanks R&L for great service.
73's  KM5TC
N9MXY

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 04:59:47 PM »

Add me to the list of Hams grateful to have such a good retail outlet in the area! Been buying and trading equip with them since the late 80's and never had a problem!
WA8FOZ

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2009, 06:45:09 PM »

Agree emphatically - glad they are in the area.
N5VTU

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 02:18:38 PM »

I placed my first order with R&L on November 11th after doing some shopping online.  I found that their price was on average ~20% lower than other retailers for the same item so I thought I'd give them a try.  After the order was placed online I received a confirmation email almost immediately notifying me that my order was received.  A few hours later I received a follow up email stating that my order had been processed and advising me of the tracking UPS number.  My order was received on Nov 17th as R&L promised and was packed very well.  I was very pleased with the price, detailed communications, and overall experience.  I will definitley consider R&L for my next purchase.
K9FON

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2009, 04:36:43 PM »

I have dealt with them for over 15 years.
I pretty much only buy from them for new stuff.
AES is my second choice.
N9MXY

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2009, 11:15:04 AM »

I spent a few hundred $ at R&L on Oct 6th on a MFJ Versatuner III. It lost it's metering circuit a couple weeks back and I lost the reciept. I called R&L and gave them my call and The approximate date of the purchase. Ron Pulled the sale off the computer printed a copy and mailed it to me. A week later the tuner was on it's way back to MFJ.

I'm a happy camper, other than the fact I'm tunerless right now.....
NB9A

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2010, 03:51:47 PM »

I love R&L electronics.  Let me tell you the crazy experience I had and how R&L electronics came through.

I was in the market for a KQT-8 ctcss decoder for the old Kenwood TM-731a.  R&L was the only online store that I could find it and at a good price.  They shipped it immediately but unfortunately the package was lost/stolen.

After making a complaint with the USPS I notified R&L about the package in case USPS were to notify them.  I did not ask for anything else.  I was debating whether or not I should have ordered another one or just wait till the Dayton Hamfest.  But no more than a week later they replied to my email stating they are sending out a replacement free of charge.  I was shocked.  

Today I received the package and could not be more grateful.  They went above and beyond.  I am forever grateful for their excellent customer service.

Thanks again R&L

Chris
KC9PDM
KA3BWP

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2010, 06:45:21 PM »

I am VERY unhappy with R&L' and their customer service, or lack of Customer service.
 Invoice date 9/24/2009, I ordered a Cushcraft AR-10 ringo Vert. antenna $95.63 shipped.  When it arrived, there was no hardware, it appeared the box had opened en route.  The antenna was not double boxed.  I called and spoke to someone at R&L who informed me it was now a warrantee issue and if I wanted to return it for another I could pay shipping.  
  This was the same time frame Cushcraft was purchased by MFJ and was in the process of moving.  The salesperson at R&L knew this fully and basically told me have fun getting them from Cushcraft.  I called Cushcraft/MFJ and spoke with Tom.  He said they were just getting settled into the warehouse.  I faxed the invoice from R&L along with the parts list of what was missing, that was on 30 Sept 2009.  Hearing nothing until 11NOV 2009.  I received the following email from Tom at Cushcraft:

I still have your order for the hardware bag.  The problem is that the factory is still being reassembled.  Many parts are still on the shipping palettes, and others will have to be made when the machines are installed.

Tom
cushcraftamateur.com
662-323-5803

I refaxed the invoice again tonight.  I do not hold out much hope for getting the hardware from Cushcraft.  
I have since purchased another AR-10 from HRO in Oregon.  It was double boxed and arrived perfect, even had the hardware. Imagine that, good job HRO.

Now many would say, "quit complaining", just go buy the hardware you need.  I already paid for a complete antenna, I should not be required to spend another dime for hardware which should have been in the box.  This is about customer service and LACK of it, starting with R&L who I will NEVER, NEVER call again EVER,for anything!!! R&L should have taken hardware from another AR-10 which they had in stock, and sent it to me.  
  Cushcraft used to put out a great product and the antennas I have are from the Original Plant. One would think with the ecomony...but I already paid for my junk all I want is the hardware that was supposed to be inside.
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2010, 02:33:33 PM »

Hi,

R&L should have filed shipping claim with carrier.

I had order from AES arrive with shipping tube
damaged on the end, one phone call was all it
took to have the item reshipped.
I was told to keep the bad antenna should
UPS want to look at it for the claim AES filed.

73 james
OBSERVER11

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2010, 08:47:09 PM »

15 years ago, Troy lied to Larry about an incident. I have not been back. I live a few miles away and I would rather buy from ANYONE other than Rude & Lazy. They lost a lot of business. They also made it very clear that they do more business via the Internet or the fax machine and they consider the store to be a liability. Oh yea, nice people.
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: