The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Firefox Changes  (Read 8789 times)
VA3VF

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2017, 08:36:11 AM »

32 bit vs 64 bit Pale Moon? This is from Moonchild, the founder...

https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2516

Good advice, and confirms what I found empirically, a.k.a., try and error. 32 bit it is for me. Grin
I'll go one step further, if for any reason the OS needs to be reinstalled, it'll be the 32 bit version. This is the first time I use a 64 bit OS on my desktop. It was pre-installed, as it's a brand name PC, and I left it that way. I used to be build my own desktops, and always used the 32 bit version of Windows.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 08:56:19 AM by VA3VF » Logged
K4HB

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2017, 09:59:01 AM »

I've only one issue with Pale Moon so far. It does seem to be very picky with HTTPS pages. Still trying to figure out why. Opera has no problems with the same pages.

Had to make several attempts to finally load my bank account, and the same for a credit card account. These sites seemed to have a problem verifying the browser, so it may not be very compatible with highly secure sites. For now, I'm keeping Firefox for those accounts and Pale Moon for frolicking around on the internet. (Like I'm doing now)

K4HB

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2017, 01:55:31 PM »

Had to make several attempts to finally load my bank account, and the same for a credit card account. These sites seemed to have a problem verifying the browser, so it may not be very compatible with highly secure sites. For now, I'm keeping Firefox for those accounts and Pale Moon for frolicking around on the internet. (Like I'm doing now)

My bad, should have tried those sites with Firefox before posting. They are now loading very well with Pale Moon. Must have had a server problem or a problem with the connection.

VA3VF

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2017, 02:13:14 PM »

My bad, should have tried those sites with Firefox before posting. They are now loading very well with Pale Moon. Must have had a server problem or a problem with the connection.

No change for me. I don't have Firefox installed anymore, but it worked fine when I did. Opera works fine, but Pale Moon is still no go.

As you said, not a problem, as long as there is an alternative browser when needed.
KG7WBW

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2017, 02:34:38 PM »

I'm not certain that the new update will do a better job than uOrigin combined with NoScript. I guess this is where a Raspberry Pi running Pi Hole would come into play...

-Jade Shain
KG7WBW
KLONDIKEMIKE

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2017, 04:18:23 PM »

Review so far after a few weeks; not much better than my old version of Firefox.

Stalling, unresponsive scripts. Same problems experienced with Firefox. I think memory utilization is a little better. eBay and Google sites seem to be main culprits for me. Caused by uBlock and noScript? I'm sure what they do initiate the problem. uBlock and noScript work well here.

I have also experienced problems with PDF printing. Using a older version of Nitro PDF printer at least provides somewhat reliable printing. doPDF v7 locks up when trying to rename the file. doPDF v8, don't even bother with this new, bloated pig version.

A worthwhile upgrade from my old version of Firefox but still could be better.
VA3VF

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2017, 04:58:07 PM »

Pale Moon is history here. I went back to Firefox last week..
KC8Y

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2017, 04:44:59 PM »

I use firefox all-the-time; ands I like it Smiley

Ken KC8Y
VK6IS

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2017, 07:33:13 PM »

well, I've had few issues, when compared to some folks,
as I've only a couple of add-ons in use.

but, the one issue, is that log-in history:
- when you log into some site, say eham, there is several log-in names,
and you have to pick the right one, to use.

now, on the older version of Firefox, you could highlight, with the mouse,
one of those log-in names & hit the delete button & it was gone from that list.

currently, the only way. it seems, is to erase that entire list, via Clear All History !.
this is a nuisance, when compared to the older versions of Firefox.
K6UJ

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Yesterday at 07:25:37 PM »

OK,  you guys have me curious.  I am using 64 bit Firefox Quantum on my mac.  It works fine but I am curious if Pale Moon would be worth trying or just be happy. It sounds like from your descriptions Pale Moon is super fast  Wink

Bob
K6UJ
VA3VF

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Yesterday at 07:42:48 PM »

OK,  you guys have me curious.  I am using 64 bit Firefox Quantum on my mac.  It works fine but I am curious if Pale Moon would be worth trying or just be happy. It sounds like from your descriptions Pale Moon is super fast  Wink

Bob
K6UJ

I see there is a new version. I'll give it another try. It was fast, but picky with HTTPS pages.
K5UNX

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Today at 05:44:19 AM »

Bob
K6UJ

Definitely try Quantum for a while. It’s really fast. FF on one of my Linux installs updated to quantum and I like it a lot.

VA3VF

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Today at 05:46:53 AM »

Bob
K6UJ

Definitely try Quantum for a while. It’s really fast. FF on one of my Linux installs updated to quantum and I like it a lot.

That's the version I went back to, albeit the developers edition, very good.
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: