The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HRD ver 6 - Anyone know if they are still alive?  (Read 833 times)
N6YFM

Ignore
« on: February 13, 2018, 09:40:21 PM »

I just noticed that 5 months have gone by since the last bug fix update to HRD 6.x.
Since DX Labs suite and N1MM+ seem to get monthly updates, I have to ask, does anyone
know if HRD is still alive?   Or have they maybe lost their developer?
Just curious.   I do use ver 6.4, and like it.  But if they have quit, maybe it is time for me
to explore DXlabs Suite?

Neal
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 08:20:37 AM »

Defects in DXLab applications are generally corrected within 24 hours of initial report, keeping the backlog of reported but uncorrected defects at 0. There are never less than 4 DXLab updates per month bearing defect repairs and enhancements; the update process is automated, initiated by a single mouse click.
K4JK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 04:02:32 PM »

I think the unfortunate effects of their low blood sugar pretty much did them in.  Grin

ex W4HFK
KC0W

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 07:20:49 AM »

I think the unfortunate effects of their low blood sugar pretty much did them in.  Grin

Exactly.........Due to that fiasco I won't even consider using HRD. Apparently HRD is favored by many FT8 & remote station guys though.

Tom KC0W
KC1GCG

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Today at 10:10:11 AM »

Well Neal maybe your post here poked them or perhaps it was just timing but I got a newletter the other day from HRD updating what they did last year and what's on the list this year. Said they were at the Orlando Hamcation recently listening to customers.
I plopped down the $99 about 6 months ago and I have been very happy with the software and the support.
I'm not a big "I need new stuff all the time" guy  but again that's just me and I read that they have a list of bugs that they are working on and they are sharing so customers know about them and also a list of new stuff that they are working on but I have not run into a single bug myself though I would imagine I am probably using all the older/simpler parts of the software.
For instance, I have it set up for rig control but do not use it...old fashioned guy who likes to spin the knobs....  I use it for logging and the lookup it provides via QRZ and then I use it  for PSK/Logging  and have been spreading out to RTTY recently. I like that I can auto upload to most of the online sites like QRZ, Eqsl, Hrdlog etc and  one one button to upload to LOTW ....
New to Ham August 2016 so that's also perhaps a different perspective as I was not a user when all that "bad stuff" happened.  I was having FITS getting "this piece of free software to work correctly with that other piece of free software" (and no names as they were all wonderful stand alone programs and those issues were likely user inflicted so Kudo's to the peeps that write and release the freeware we can use)  but I just decided I wanted one integrated software suite and one "company" that would be there for support  and believed they would be around a long time so I "wrote the check".
So certainly not a power user by any stretch but that's my 2 cents and I hope it helps you.
Best regards John K1JRF
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: