The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Microsoft sued for Windows 10 update that allegedly damaged devices  (Read 362 times)
W4KYR

Ignore
« on: March 27, 2017, 09:51:13 PM »

There are 100 people that taking part in a class action suit against Microsoft, I believe the number is expected to grow.

"There were cases when Windows 10 was installed without user approval, the lawsuit states. In addition, users said it was impossible to reverse installation once it had occurred."

Microsoft "failed to exercise reasonable care in designing, formulating, and manufacturing the Windows 10 upgrade," according the plaintiffs"

"As a result of its failure to exercise reasonable care, defendant distributed an operating system that was liable to cause loss of data or damage to hardware," they added, going on to say that without a warning or instruction, "a reasonable customer would not be aware of the problem."

See the rest at

https://www.rt.com/usa/382492-microsoft-windows-update-lawsuit/

The internet and cellphone networks are great until they go down, so rediscover Packet Radio Today! 
https://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,111948.0.html

Using Windows 98 For Packet...
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 03:09:10 AM »

Nothing will come of it. I am sure it is with older hardware or devices too.

--------------------------------------
Ham since 1969....  Old School 20 WPM Extra
N9KX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Today at 10:59:24 AM »

JX has spoken! i am sure JX has already told Microsoft NOT to settle, but someone tell the judge: case closed!  Cheesy
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:17:49 AM »

LOL!
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Today at 02:29:08 PM »

JX has spoken! i am sure JX has already told Microsoft NOT to settle, but someone tell the judge: case closed!  Cheesy

No it is just every time there is a problem someones cries wolf and blames MS for operator error, incompetence,  wrong hardware, (new OS on old hardware is supposed to magically make it new) bad drivers (that are not certified), old programs that do not work (because author never updated sloppy code) or something else. Bunch of cry babies....... They should stay in a cave with Win98 or MS DOS.   

--------------------------------------
Ham since 1969....  Old School 20 WPM Extra
KG4RUL

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:43:35 PM »

As MUCH as I DETEST Microsoft, this suit makes me sure that lawyers should be decimated on a REGULAR basis!
KK4GGL

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Today at 06:10:11 PM »

No it is just every time there is a problem someones cries wolf and blames MS for operator error, incompetence,  wrong hardware, (new OS on old hardware is supposed to magically make it new) bad drivers (that are not certified), old programs that do not work (because author never updated sloppy code) or something else. Bunch of cry babies....... They should stay in a cave with Win98 or MS DOS.   

New OS on old hardware??? That would be MS installing the updates.
Bad drivers??? That would be MS installing the updates.
As far as staying in the cave ... you still using the rusted antenna without radials?

Rick KK4GGL
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: