Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New reason to dump XP  (Read 12525 times)
W0BTU

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Yesterday at 03:07:43 PM »

Google "Andre's Free laptop, Vista is loved”
It makes for interesting reading.......

Thank you.

Google microsoft shill. It's even more interesting.

W4KYR

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Yesterday at 03:16:44 PM »

Also Google

"microsoft astroturfing"

Still using Windows XP Pro.
W0BTU

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Yesterday at 03:25:30 PM »

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what's been going on here. The writing style and grammar of the person(s) in question even changes when M$ is being promoted.

K5UNX

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Yesterday at 04:47:23 PM »

Unfortunately all new Windows laptops have Windows 8. If anything, people should wait for Windows 9 to be released with the return of the traditional desktop if they feel they need a new computer. No one should have to deal with a dysfunctional GUI just because they need a new computer. Get a Dell with Windows 7 and then upgrade to Windows 9 when that gets released.  

Now THIS POST is the best advice given in this whole thread!

Win 8 has a desktop . . .
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 05:17:08 PM by K5UNX » Logged

K5TED

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Yesterday at 09:00:02 PM »

The propensity of the anti-Windows crowd to emit shrill cries of, "Microsoft Shill!!!" when presented with a dead end to their mostly irrelevant and often ludicrous claims is similar to the well known Godwin's Law progression.

WB6DGN

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Yesterday at 09:19:44 PM »

W8JX,
I have come to the conclusion that you and I will never see eye to eye on this subject.  You are a computer ENTHUSIAST while I am a computer USER. 
To you, it is incomprehensible that anyone wouldn't want to get the most out of their computer and, I'm sure, you go to great lengths to try to do so (and probably pretty successful at it).
To me, on the other hand, any old computer will do as long as it does the rather mundane tasks I ask of it.
I do understand your interest, however.  For 40+ years I built and raced hot boats and to say that compulsion was alive and well would have been an understatement.  Now days that competitive spirit is pretty much dead and has been replaced with an "as long as it works" attitude.
I still like nice things but, along with retirement and a fixed income, come much more modest goals.  It serves no purpose to lust over things that I know don't make sense for me to aspire to.  That only makes a person miserable.
So...I'll try to get as much additional mileage out of my XP machines as I possibly can and, I'm sure, you'll continue to be repulsed by such a disgusting attitude.   But, 50 years ago, I'll bet I could have built a boat that would have blown the drawers off your car!
Tom
Pages: Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: