Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DXLab users...  (Read 2437 times)
AA6YQ

Ignore
« on: February 05, 2012, 12:59:06 AM »

...should not direct DXKeeper's DXCC Credit manager to download DXCC credits without first upgrading to DXKeeper version 9.9.7. The ARRL recently assigned new credit numbers to DXCC credits granted based on submitted QSL cards. The DXCC credit download function in DXKeeper 9.9.7  automatically updates credits to which the ARRL has assigned a new credit number, and automatically updates each logged QSO linked to such a credit to reflect the credit's new credit number.

Dave, AA6YQ
K8SI

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 02:45:09 PM »

So, how do I fix the ST0R QSO that keeps showing up as "broke" in my log?  It still doesn't recognize entity 521 (Republic of South Sudan).  Also, it apparently isn't set up to recognize the fact that in Virginia, we have Independent Cities that are not part of any county.

Jim  K8SI
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 12:49:55 AM »

So, how do I fix the ST0R QSO that keeps showing up as "broke" in my log?  It still doesn't recognize entity 521 (Republic of South Sudan). 

Either you don't have an up-to-date DXCC Database installed, or you do but didn't direct DXKeeper to "recompute" after upgrading the DXCC Database:

1. On the Databases tab of DXView's Configuration window, note the DXCC Database version shown as installed. If this isn't 2.3.9, then click the Upgrade button, and DXView will download and install the current DXCC Database

2. On the "Check Progress" tab of DXKeeper's Main window, click the Recompute button along the bottom

Your ST0R QSOs will no longer be considered "broken", now that their DXCC entity is defined.

Also, it apparently isn't set up to recognize the fact that in Virginia, we have Independent Cities that are not part of any county.

Consistent with ADIF, DXKeeper supports the US Counties designated by CQ Magazine's USA-CA ("worked all US counties") award. The 3077 counties that count for this award are listed in http://countyhunter.com/counties.htm . Note that the independent cities of Virginia, Nevada, and the District of Columbia do not appear on this list.

The USA-CA rules governing the independent cities of Virginia, Nevada, and the District of Columbia are specified in http://www.dxawards.com/usaca/indcities.htm

Dave, AA6YQ
K8SI

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 01:23:53 PM »

Thanks for the help, Dave.  Still trying to get my head around all that this package can do.

Jim  K8SI
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 01:04:24 AM »

Thanks for the help, Dave.  Still trying to get my head around all that this package can do.

My advice is to scan the reference documentation; keep an inventory of functions that seem interesting, but ignore all the details. Then pick one interesting function, and use the documentation to help you get it up and running; there are step-by-step instructions in Getting Started with DXLab for popular capabilities. Then pick the next interest function, and repeat. Take your time, and have fun with hi.

I sent you an invitation to join the DXLab Yahoo group. Feel free to post questions there; don't worry about whether or not your question has been asked before -- all questions are welcome.

Dave, AA6YQ
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: