Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 442.400 Southern Pines, NC - FM05  (Read 315 times)
N1RIK

Ignore
« on: June 15, 2006, 05:40:08 PM »

Well, my new repeater is up and running in test phase.  It currently is running limited coverage of Moore County in North Carolina.  I'm looking for some man power to help me errect a 40 ft mast so I can put my 8 ft Tram UHF Base antenna on it.  Currently it's running on a 38" Tram dualband antenna out the 2nd floor window favoring NE to SW facing away from downtown Southern Pines.  So far I can't get it with my HT just 3 miles to the south of the repeater, but I can get into with just 1-watt 10 miles north of it.  The PL tone to access the repeater is 179.9 and you have to manually ID "N1RIK" for the repeater intil I get the new controller.  For more information, go to www.myspace.com/n1rik.  Please email me signal reports @ djthumpmatic@yahoo.com - I want to get the mast up soon so we can get some real coverage from my "small hill" location Smiley ~ 73s ~ Bill, n1rik
KI4NAI

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 08:36:43 AM »

Wish i had known, was just in the area on the 10, would have been glad to help...
KI4NAI
N1RIK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 05:03:31 PM »

Well, the repeater is up and running now with decent local coverage.  It is funny.  There's some areas where you can't get into it very well from only 4 miles away, but come in clear over 20 miles in other directions. ~ 73s ~ Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: