Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ARES Membership Tracking Database  (Read 1293 times)
W4RMV

Ignore
« on: August 09, 2002, 12:38:31 PM »

Is anyone out there using or know of a membership tracking database application that would be adaptable for use in an ARES program.

Just thought I'd check before I wrote one from scratch.

Thanks all.

Randy, W4RMV
N4HMC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2002, 11:34:39 PM »

Hey dude there is a DOS based (FoxPro/Dbase I think) programm that will keep up with ARES during an activity.  It keeps up with shelters/mobiles and messages.  I had it once but dumped the HD so I will have to look in the archives.  It worked well but was strictly DOS although it ran fine under Windows.  I will email if I find it but that may help you search.

Later
W5BAK
Overton County EC
KL7OR

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2002, 04:18:19 PM »

I am not sure what you are looking for, but I have developed a general HAM club membership tracking program with a whole section on ARES.

If you would loike more info please send me your email and I will send you a PDF copy of the user manual.

Dean
KA2IRQ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2002, 08:56:37 PM »

I built a custom one for ARES/RACES in my county.  I used Access.  I don't know of any available commercial or share/freeware app that is available for ARES/RACES use.

There is at least one simple DOS based logger for Skywarn operation- called Skywarn-EOC.  Check http://www.n9mxq.net/skywarn/ for more info on that.  I believe it keeps track of member stations, contact info, etc. but I would not call it a membership database.

If you're not afraid of Access and have a copy of it, I think you'd be better off with that, honestly.  The nice thing about the little DOS logger program is that you can export your data out of Access into the data files of the logging program- so you can import your membership database into the software then use the DOS program during a Skywarn/ARES activation to track who is where and the situation.

Just some thoughts... good luck.

Marlo Montanaro- KA2IRQ
Monmouth County ARES DEC
Monmouth County RACES Radio Officer
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: