Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AEA FSTV-430A  (Read 812 times)
KR6N

Ignore
« on: November 28, 2005, 02:15:04 AM »

A friend gave me an AEA FSTV-430A and a MPS-1 Power supply.  Never tried ATV before.. Can anyone provide a copy of manual for these (of course I'll cover any copying charges..)  
Thanks
Ed Schaff, Pensacola, FL
Kr6n
KB2CPW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 07:34:34 PM »

The unit you have is the precursor to the VSB-70 unit AEA made in the early 90's. It is pretty simple to operate. The power out is roughly 1 watt. You can drive this into any modern 440 amplifier (even padded ones) and get power out of it. The setup is basically the same.

It should have an input for audio and video with adjustments on the front for video gain and RX tuning. It should also have a selection for xtal control between two channels. Pretty easy to figure out and understand.

To be successful in making contacts, have a high gain directional Yagi (like the K1FO or M2) tuned to the ATV freqs and positioned horizontally. Use high grade coax like 9913 or better for the least amount of loss and run the shortest amount needed.

Check in your area for users, most hang out on 144.340 or ask around.. In a pinch you can use a vertical to tune around but the results will not be spectactular due to cross polariation.. Feel free to email me for anything further, its a great mode and lots of fun.. Richy N2ZD
KR6N

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 09:33:25 PM »

Hi Richy,
Thanks for the info on the AEA.  I beleive there is an active group over in Mobile, Alabama about 50 miles west of me..  According to the guy who gave it to me the WAS a group in pensacola, but he doubts there is anymore..  Are the two freqs in it anything standard and do you know what they night be packed with by AEA ??  

Tnx  Ed Schaff  KR6N  Pensacola, FL
KR6N

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 03:32:30 PM »

Rich would you happen to know where i might get a schematic for this thing ??

ed KR6N
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: