Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TK-760h programming question  (Read 11343 times)
KEITHWIRED

Ignore
« on: March 21, 2006, 07:57:57 PM »

Ok, I am using the KPG-29D programming software to program my mobile radio. Can anyone tell me what all the features are because the help file really doesnt explain what the features are or what they do. For example what is

PTT id
Dial id
Connect id
Disconnect id
Transpond Tone
clear to transpoond
beep tone

Also in the programming interface where you put in channels what is the

Opt Sig colum
and the PTT id colum
and the W/N Scn colum for

Sorry I am new to programming and I tried to find a guide or tutorial for this software and found nothing
KE4SKY

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 06:46:12 AM »

These sound like SmartTrunk options which you won't need for amateur applications.  I'm not that familiar with the Kenwood commercial rigs, but own several of the ICOMs in both UHF and VHF, both mobile and portables, and this sounds like selective calling.

You "could" use the programmed speed dial and tones for OTA repeater control, if you aren't worried about some hacker capturing the control sequence.  
VE6NHZ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2006, 10:08:04 PM »

Hey guys, I too just bought said radio and am curious about its use in the amateur band...

I know the regs, that's NOT an issue at all.  What I want to know if I can just program it for the amateur band, or if there are any mods that need to be made.

As well can this rig be used with reapeters? or is it only simplex? I've seen DTMF and CTCSS both as features, but I have NOT seen anything about it's use with repeaters...

Can anyone confirm reapeater use? And if so, do I HAVE to use a computercable/software?

Thanks for your time all,
Cheers and 73's
-David
(VE6NHZ)
KEITHWIRED

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2006, 10:31:46 PM »

This radio does support repeaters as you can program freq splits for TX/RX. There is a very very easy mod that makes it so the radio can be programmed via the front panel which I have done. Requires bridging a gap between 2 leads with a tiny bit of solder which activates the front panel programming  feature
VE6NHZ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2006, 10:54:53 PM »

Ok thanks so much Keith, looks like this will be a good little radio for $20 hi hi...

But one other question id you don't mind, (So sorry to hijack your thread, this'll be my last) can you simply program it into the amateur band? or what physical mod needs to be done? I haven't deen anything about amateur use so far...
KEITHWIRED

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2006, 12:32:58 PM »

no problem at all, i figured everything out already. Basically what you need to do is remove the face from the radio by removing the 4 screws on the top and removing that panel which comes off very easily, then removing the bottom panel by taking out the bottom 4 screws and then the face is held on by 4 tabs, pull the bottom ones out first then unhook the top if that made sense. When you look at the back of the face you will see a circuit board, at the top of the board kind of in the center you will see 2 silver dots surrounded by  a white box, bridge those 2 silver dots with a 0 ohm resistor or just solder and then follow these directions to program the radio from the front.

================================================

Press and hold "A" key while turning the power on. ("SEL" will be displayed)

Press "MON" ("CH 1" should be displayed.)

Press "SCAN" or "D/A" to select the channel to edit (1 - 32).

Press "CHANNEL DOWN" to view the receive frequency

If you see "------------" press "CHANNEL UP" and then use the following to set the required frequency. If you see a frequency and it is wrong, use the following to change it.

"VOLUME UP" and "VOLUME DOWN" keys set the megahertz of frequency. ( ---.000 )

"SCAN" and "D/A" keys set the kilohertz of frequency. ( 154.--- )

Press "CHANNEL DOWN" to advance.

Do you need a "Receive CTCSS tone"? If not, then press "CHANNEL DOWN"
If you need a tone, and you see "OFF", press "CHANNEL UP", then use "SCAN" or "D/A" to change it to what you want. If you see the wrong tone frequency just use "SCAN" or "D/A" to change it to what you want.
Press "CHANNEL DOWN" to advance to transmit frequency.

If you see "------------" press "CHANNEL UP" and then use the following to set the required frequency. If you see a frequency and it is wrong, use the following to change it.

"VOLUME UP" and "VOLUME DOWN" keys set the megahertz of frequency. ( ---.000 )

"SCAN" and "D/A" keys set the kilohertz of frequency. ( 154.--- )

Do you need a "Transmit CTCSS tone"? If not, then press "CHANNEL DOWN"
If you need a tone, and you see "OFF", press "CHANNEL UP", then use "SCAN" or "D/A" to change it to what you want. If you see the wrong tone frequency just use "SCAN" or "D/A" to change it to what you want.

Do this a couple of times to step through to the next channel. (Channel number will appear.)
IMPORTANT - When you are done, turn the radio off, wait a second, turn it back on. You are ready to use it.

VE6NHZ

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2006, 12:57:10 PM »

Ok I cracked the case. VERY simple!

but I want to make sure that I bridge the right terminals, does the box have the word "R492" right above it, and are the terminals tiny?  As well about a cm to the right there is an empty spot for IC "C7881" Am I in the right spot?

I just want to make sure that after I do this I won't have a dead rig due to my error you know, hi hi

Also out of curiousity how has this rig worked for you? any complaints or things that I should be aware of?

Thanks AGAIN for all your time keith, and if theres anything I can do feel free to ask!

73's
-David
(VE6NHZ)
KEITHWIRED

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2006, 03:48:17 PM »

Yep those are the ones, 2 tiny little silver terminals surrounded by a white box that says R492, i just bridged it with some solder and now its face programmable, just follow those directions I sent and it works perfect. I have no complaints about this radio, I just purchased a programming cable to make life a little easier for me but the face programming works fine for a feature that most other radios lack. It's a pleasure to help others out because just 4 days ago when I just got the radio I was in the same seat you were and it took me a while to get all the information I needed and now im out 6 bucks for paying a membership to mods.dk to get some info. I took all the pain in the ass that I went through and made it easier for someone else which is what I wanted to do, so again, it was my pleasure

Keith
A-960
K6IHC

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2006, 01:23:08 AM »

PTT id
Dial id
Connect id
Disconnect id
Transpond Tone
clear to transpoond
beep tone

Also in the programming interface where you put in channels what is the

Opt Sig colum
and the PTT id colum
and the W/N Scn colum for

< The ID fields are usually used for DTMF tones automatically upon PTT press or release.  PTT ID is what DTMF ID you want for that channel.  The W/N is wideband (25 KHz spacing) or narrowband (12.5 KHz spacing).

For most uses, I don't do anything with those settings on my UHF (70cm ham/GMRS) TK-860 radios.
KG4UUB

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2006, 10:31:33 AM »

I have a TK-760HG-1, I have field programing instructions, but the front board is aparently different from the 760h, did not find it as discribed in your mod instructions.  Can you help with this model?
Thanks
K6PKL

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2008, 04:06:52 PM »

Is there a DTMF microphone that will fit this radio ?
K7KTR

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2009, 06:24:26 PM »

Hello, I was given a bunch of these radios and would like to find a programming cable and computer interface program for them/ Cpuld you be of any help in that area?

Thanks

Mit

K7KTR/R
KI4SJU

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2010, 05:53:42 AM »

Does anyone have the menu list for the TK 760 H? I know to field program the TK-760 H,  After you program the frequencies in there are 4 more steps. One says add or delete, then on or off, then h or L and then UU or n. What are these? I also can not get mine to scan, how do you get it to scan?
Thanks
Beau
KI4SJU
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: