The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My grandson passed his General exam today!!  (Read 16949 times)
K8PRG

Ignore
« on: November 21, 2015, 05:42:07 PM »

He's not much of a excitable type, but my 14 yr old grandson was all smiles today after passing his Gen exam. So for now he's W6LDS/AG
Of course I'm very proud of him...he came home with me and jumped on my HF rig and quickly made a half dozen contacts on the Sweepstakes thing going on right now.
Two of his 8th grade buddies also got their Tech tickets today.......good day for youth ham, I would say.
Rick
K5MF

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 08:02:21 AM »

Congratulations to your grandson!  So he is a CW operator?  Anyway, it makes me happy to see youngsters join the ranks.

Tom/K5MF
K8PRG

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 08:42:21 AM »

Tom, thanks...he's working on CW...he wants a Speed-X just like mine. I'm thinking Santa Claus just might bring him one....
He's also into SSB, Digital, .....he's working on exploring it all.
He's been a computer geek since he could walk, seems like....so anything he can integrate into that, he's all for it......and scanners.....siren testing.....kinda tough for a lazy OM like me to keep up with sometimes.
KD8IIC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 07:29:10 AM »

Can't wait to work Morse with him!  Congrats!  lane 73
KD4YSH

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2016, 08:04:43 AM »

Congrats on your grandson, CW is old hat out the window get him into digital this is the future CW will be long gone soon its useage is already a 1/3 according to the national polls. Digital worldwide communications with a DMR 110.00 HT is the future, do not slow him down push him to the front of the line.
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 04:34:47 PM »

Congrats to the youngster!!  Smiley
WO2C

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2016, 07:52:29 PM »

Congratulations to  Lucas. This is great news.  I'm  53 years old & too  often I'm the  youngest ham on the band. It's good to see  our next generation  developing some  radio expertise of their own.
As for that beautiful daughter of mine,  she never had the smallest interest in amateur radio.  Undecided
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2016, 09:06:37 PM »

Congratulations to  Lucas. This is great news.  I'm  53 years old & too  often I'm the  youngest ham on the band. It's good to see  our next generation  developing some  radio expertise of their own.
As for that beautiful daughter of mine,  she never had the smallest interest in amateur radio.  Undecided
   You're 53 and the youngest?  No new youngsters on the air in your area?
WO2C

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2016, 06:05:36 PM »

[/quote]   You're 53 and the youngest?  No new youngsters on the air in your area?
[/quote]

They're few in number and not often heard. Just last week, our ham club had a great dinner out that included at least 6 fairly new hams, all under age 25. Now that they're licensed, encouraging them to get on the air and helping them to maintain their enthusiasm is the challenge.
KC2QYM

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2016, 08:07:24 AM »

I'm sure your grandson is a smart kid and good luck to him.  Also shows how many less smart adults are out there taking the test many times before passing if they pass at all.  Kudos to published multiple choice questions pools!
NK7Z

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2016, 08:29:44 AM »

Hope to see him on the air soon!!  Conratz!

Thanks,
Dave
For reviews and setups see: http://www.nk7z.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: