The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kids Day Ham Radio Give away!  (Read 2300 times)
N2RRA

Ignore
« on: June 18, 2017, 12:09:21 PM »

Hello,

My name is Eric and I've been a ham for 28yrs now and have enjoyed every second of it. It's also played a huge role in my life for many years now. Hasn't made me rich, but it's given me something more than any amount of money can buy. Happiness, laughs, smiles, friends and much more. So in light of kids day and hoping more kids get involved I am going to do something I hope brings the same enjoyment ham radio has given me.

I would like to give away a radio station soup to nuts to any kid that may not be able to acquire one on their own, or even with the help of their parents. In my case I worked for what I owned even as a kid getting my first job at the age of eleven working in a pizzeria believe it, or not and have never stopped working since. All ham radio gear provided by my own labor over the years. So this is the catch. Not easy for some kids to get a job like it was for me back then so these are the requirements.

For an HF station:

*You must be 14years, or younger
*You must acquire your general class license
*You must learn at least 5wpm CW (verification of 5 CW contacts)
*You must have a good report card with average grade 80 and higher
*Your parents must contact me to qualify. Not yourself. Never talk to strangers with out your parents knowledge, ever!

For Technician licencees:

*All of the above except it will be a VHF/UHF station

I don't think these requirements are hard to achieve. The type of equipment being sent is irrelevant, but I'll leave as a surprise. It will consist of a power supply, solid state transceiver, Morse code key and an antenna. The antenna after discussion with your parents will suit your living arrangements to get you the best signal and easy installation.

So if your interested let your parents know and they can contact me via email: N2RRAny@aol.com

Your names will be added to a lottery pool. Then I will on a specific night repost on this site date and time when that lottery drawing will take place and will be done "live" on my YouTube channel. That's where you all will watch as the lottery drawing will be done fairly. So don't worry cause If your name doesn't get picked maybe I'll pick another.

So start working hard to get your grades up and your free ham radio station. Another thing to remember it's also not only about grades, but being a good person. We as hams are "ambassadors of good will" and that should not apply only on ham radio, but through out our lives every where we go.

Good Luck and 73!

Eric
N2RRA

« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 12:19:28 PM by N2RRA » Logged
N2RRA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 06:16:54 PM »

Hello,

My name is Eric and I've been a ham for 28yrs now and have enjoyed every second of it. It's also played a huge role in my life for many years now. Hasn't made me rich, but it's given me something more than any amount of money can buy. Happiness, laughs, smiles, friends and much more. So in light of kids day and hoping more kids get involved I am going to do something I hope brings the same enjoyment ham radio has given me.

I would like to give away a radio station soup to nuts to any kid that may not be able to acquire one on their own, or even with the help of their parents. In my case I worked for what I owned even as a kid getting my first job at the age of eleven working in a pizzeria believe it, or not and have never stopped working since. All ham radio gear provided by my own labor over the years. So this is the catch. Not easy for some kids to get a job like it was for me back then so these are the requirements.

For an HF station:

*You must be 14years, or younger
*You must acquire your general class license
*You must learn at least 5wpm CW (verification of 5 CW contacts)
*You must have a good report card with average grade 80 and higher
*Your parents must contact me to qualify. Not yourself. Never talk to strangers with out your parents knowledge, ever!

For Technician licencees:

*All of the above except it will be a VHF/UHF station

I don't think these requirements are hard to achieve. The type of equipment being sent is irrelevant, but I'll leave as a surprise. It will consist of a power supply, solid state transceiver, Morse code key and an antenna. The antenna after discussion with your parents will suit your living arrangements to get you the best signal and easy installation.

So if your interested let your parents know and they can contact me via email: N2RRAny@aol.com

Your names will be added to a lottery pool. Then I will on a specific night repost on this site date and time when that lottery drawing will take place and will be done "live" on my YouTube channel. That's where you all will watch as the lottery drawing will be done fairly. So don't worry cause If your name doesn't get picked maybe I'll pick another.

So start working hard to get your grades up and your free ham radio station. Another thing to remember it's also not only about grades, but being a good person. We as hams are "ambassadors of good will" and that should not apply only on ham radio, but through out our lives every where we go.

Good Luck and 73!

Eric
N2RRA

Just thought of one more thing!

To broaden the possibilities of a wider range of kids at a chance of a radio station I'd like to add one more criteria to this opportunity.

Write an essay as to why you think you deserve this radio station, or why another kid (friend) that you know of deserves the opportunity of owning one. Maybe you have one already, but you know of a friend not so fortunate. Then let your parents know you need their assistance to contact me in order to apply for yourself, or a friend.

73 and good luck

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: