Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Programming TM-D700A w/cable and software  (Read 831 times)
N1UXO

Ignore
« on: October 21, 2001, 12:58:16 AM »

Software works great in the PC but can't get it to load into Rig. Few instructions available in manual.and help screens. Error message delivered re: "port Time out". both are 9600,8,1,no,hardware. Have you had sucess?
K0HZI

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2001, 09:27:05 PM »

I have used the Kenwood software and also Link 700 to program the D700A.  
What cable are you using?  Using a Radio Shack RS-232-C cable, this has all pins but 1 & 9 connected straight through, 1 & 9 are not used, see page 2 of the Specialized Communications manual.  Check the properties of your com port on the computer, under advanced place a check mark by "Use FIFO buffers".
Also check this web page: RV3APM: about TM-D700 http://www.qsl.net/rv3apm/TM-D700.html

Jerry

N5YIQ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2001, 05:25:47 PM »

Had no prob programming used a gender changer straight from computer to dm700 port

MIke
KA0MR

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2003, 07:15:47 PM »

For what it's worth if you accidently disconnect the serial cable while connected the D700 and serial communications is impossible and incidently always turn off the D700 when disconnecting serial cable as this will happen as well.

The only way to recover from this I have found is a total hard reset of the D700 (it's in the manual). It defaults to 9600 common parameters and you communicate again. I have also dsicovered to not waste my time by trying to increase the load speed beyond 9600 because you always wind up having to reload this beast for some reason or another and you wind up restetting back to 9600 anyway so you don't gain anything. Any ordinary 9-pin serial connector with an ordinary gender changer will work.

My 6 cents.

Bob KAØMR
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: