Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What the best Log for WindowsXP ?  (Read 1174 times)
K8AC

Ignore
« on: January 16, 2003, 10:54:15 PM »

DX4WIN for daily, Writelog for contesting.
KO5D

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2002, 10:43:25 PM »

I used in the past LOG-EQF with my old computer.It was great soft for daily LOG
Right now i have 2GB Pentium-4 with Windows XP and looking for:
1.Daily LOG.
2.Contest LOG.
3.Compatability with Yaesu Mark V,I mean the programm will read the Frequency,Mode and so on from TRCVR.
4.Possibility to configure CW memory keyer and Digital Voice System ( or at least one of them) and use it during Contest or daily ,like CQ..., or RST...
   Any help will be appriciated.
Thanks,Sergey
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2002, 02:04:59 AM »

The DXLab Suite will not satisfy your contest logging requirements, but you should consider it for your daily log. It includes full-function logging via a small capture window and a larger database window, generates qsl cards or labels, addresses envelopes or labels, updates eQSL.cc in realtime, tracks DXing awards and generates progress reports, handles operation with multiple callsigns or from multiple QTHs, and provides rebust ADIF import and export. The DXLab Suite also includes full transceiver control (MarkV support includes RX bandwidth control), realtime DX spot collection and analysis, a multifunction world map display, point-and-click rotator control, soundcard PSK and RTTY, propagation prediction, and automated IARU/NCDXF propagation beacon monitoring. All DXLab applications are 32-bit, and fully interoperate on XP (and Win2K, NT, Win98SE, Win98, and Win95). The DXLab Suite is  free, and available via www.qsl.net/dxlab .

Dave, AA6YQ
W4BQF

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2003, 09:29:44 AM »

YPlog by VE6YP will do all your looking for plus allow you to run packet (dx cluster) or telnet to packet clusters. Be aware however, that the CW speed limit is set to only 200wpm. (kidding, of course). I have it running under WinXP and Win98se. Love it!!

Tom/W4BQF
DL7IO

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2003, 07:27:21 AM »

I'm using UCXLog from DL7UCX.
It does it all, contesting (Single/Multi/Multi-Multi)and logging in one program with CW, voice keying, DX-cluster via packet, telnet or internet, maps (greyline, rectangular or great circle), TRX-control etc. etc.
free download here:
http://www.funkstation.info/portal/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index&req=viewdownload&cid=11
Holger
KO5D

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2003, 11:32:50 PM »

Thanks to everybody.
I'm going to try YPlog,DL7ucx and probably DXlab.
Not familiar with none of them , but I hope I'll like some of them.
73! Sergey
N5UP

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2003, 01:13:57 AM »

There is a pretty comprehensive list of loggers, their Operating system compatibilities, pricing, and comments from users at http://www.eqsl.cc/qslcard/ADIFLoggerInfo.cfm

Dave Morris, N5UP
Webmaster, eQSL.cc
N2OBY

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2003, 03:54:07 PM »

Hi everyone,

As soon I'll have my permanent station on the air and will be requiring the use of logging software, I'm following this thread with interest.  Based on both things I've heard and some of your comments, I have a question.  As there seems to be a definite distinction between daily and contest logging, I'm curious as to what the consensus is regarding entry of contest logs in the regular logbook.

Obviously a contest log is limited to a specific event and as such can be forwarded to the contest sponsor for verification.  However, are these still not contacts that would be appropriate for entry in the permanent station log?  If so, do most logging programs allow for importing of external log files that might be generated from contest-specific logging programs?

Thanks & 73,

Ken N2OBY
KD5ORT

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2003, 09:16:52 AM »

Check out ACLog www.n3fjp.com I use it on Windows XP. The price is low and the product is good. Look at the reviews on this web site.

73, Mike
W2EJG

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2003, 08:16:58 AM »

Win-Eqf works flawlessly on XP. Picks up my Omni VI frequency and mode. Has Telnet and will switch rig to a station listed on the Telnet board, changing mode also. Tracks DXCC nicely. It has an extensive contest module, altho I only do the CW sweeps.
Try it, you'll like it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: