Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Linux/Perl based AutoHAM system...  (Read 370 times)
KI4BUM

Ignore
« on: October 21, 2003, 12:39:54 PM »

Im in the finishing stages of building my first release of AutoHAM.

AutoHAM uses a soundcard interface (like a rigblaster) to accept DTMF on a specific amateur radio frequency and then fire off perl functions/scripts based on the DTMF code. At the moment it handles software based DTMF decoding and text to speech using festival.

Beta1 release handles all sorts of weather related topics. For example you punch in 1# and it tells you the local temperature for your zipcode, etc...etc..

I plan on adding an automated SSTV sender. eg: You punch in 9# and it will send a radar or satelite image via QSSTV.

It could be used for a home automation system if you were hooked up with X10 or something similar.

Anyway..why I bring this here?

Im looking for opinions on any "watch our for this." or "Make sure you do X" or any ideas on "cool" things it could do. Like maybe grab the latest ARRL news headlines and read them back to you.

If the system is *NOT* beaconing and will not execute a command without DTMF input it shouldn't need to send it's callsign except when in use, right? No need to have an auto-shutdown, etc, etc.

Thoughts?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: